my 1st venture with MF starts tomorrow would love support

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

my 1st venture with MF starts tomorrow would love support

Postby libragirl » January 26th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Well my story might be similar to most of you out there. Except I have done the EXTREME. I had Gastric Bypass surgery 3 years ago. Not only once but twice. I was at my wits end as all of us have been. I had hit my peak of 280 lbs. I was with the man of my dreams who loved me at 200 pound and at 280. Problem was I did not love myself. I ventured into the world of stomach surgery. I had 4 friends who had great success with it. I was scheduled for Jan of 2002. I came down with the worst case of the flu the night before my scheduled surgery. Needless to say I was extrememly disapointed as I had to wait until they had an opening. This should have been a sign for me but I was so determined to have this surgery. It happened in March. I had the surgery and all seemed well. At 6 weeks I noticed a change in my eating habits, I was not getting full and was able to eat more. I immediatley called my Doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about. I asked him to humor me and run a test on me. Sure enough I had a staple line disruption at 6 weeks after my initial surgery. This is almost unheard of, this does happen don't get me wrong but it is often years later. I had to wait 5 months before he would perform a new surgery on me, this time a different type, a transected procedure which would ensure that that staple line would NOT come lose again. In those months after my surgery I managed to lose around 30 lbs or so but it was still very difficult as my stomach was not getting full while eating your "typical" small meal like 1/2 of a yogurt. So here comes surgery #2 in 6 months. This time I was extremely depressed, and not feeling as good as I had following my 1st surgery. At first it seemed like it really worked. I was full faster and seeing results on the scale. But that too ended. I was able to eat large amounts much much more than my friends had experienced. All in all I did lose about 70 lbs and that was partly because I was getting married in Oct of 2003. I wanted so badly to be a beautiful bride. My lowest I hit was 215 so I did manage to lose 65 lbs but I had done that 4 times before. I started to gain, on my wedding day I was probably 224 or so and I am now only a year later about 243 or so. I have been depressed and non motivated for sometime now. All I want to do is come home from work, a very stressful job mind you and sit on the couch and watch tv and of course munch. I feel as though I was never given a fair chance with all that I went through. I have a massive scar on my stomach that reminds me everyday of what I should be.... THIN I am not saying that surgery is a cure all becuase it is not. It does take work and time and dedication. I feel that compared to so many others that I know now that have chosen that path and have had success makes me look like such a failure.

So enough crying about that. I want to do something NOW before I creep up to the 280 I once was. A guy I work with just started this program last week and I looked into it and ordered a months supply on Mon. I got it today and I can't wait to start tomorrow. I was going to put it off till Monday as I have some social events this weekend but I am afraid that Monday will never come. I have read so many great things about this program in the past couple of days and I feel I really need a forum such as this for continual support.

I hope to get to know you all and I feel this is really going to help me want to move again. I know once I see the pounds coming off It will be a new beginning for me. I hope to have children soon, I am going to be 35 this year. But I can assure you I don't want to be the size I am now and then become pregnant.

Hope to hear from you soon!!
libragirl

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Hi LG and welcome to the forum,

Would you like to post what kind of a schedule and which program you plan to use?

We're glad you found us.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby mombarnes » January 26th, 2005, 5:58 pm

You are very brave to share your story. I encourage you to stick to the program & visit this Forum for inspiration.
Medifast REALLY WORKS! And the people on this Forum ... and especially Leopard Woman .. are literally godsends.
This is the healthiest way to reach your goals. If you stick to it you can be SURE that you will!
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby libragirl » January 26th, 2005, 6:00 pm

I will be doing the 5 /1 plan.
libragirl

Postby raederle » January 26th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Hi, and welcome! You definitely found the right place if you've hit the end of your rope and are looking for some information and inspiration. There are many many wonderful people here who will help you!

I think a Monday start is fine if you think it'd be better to get past some tough social situations before diving in. You really do need to dedicate yourself to the first three days (well, to the whole deal, really, but *especially* the first three days) because your body will be adjusting to the new eating regime. So if you think you'll end up doing 2 days of the plan only to have to put it on hold, Monday is better. Just try and make it The Only Monday! :mrgreen:

In the mean time, poke around this forum-- check out the FAQ and some of the threads. I got lots of my "newbie" questions answered there, which made it easier because I knew what to expect and what to do. Example: "Boy, am I thirsty! And my legs are cramping! What do I do? Is this normal?" Answer-- I'm supposed to be drinking close to 100 oz. of water a day and if I get crampy, the Fast Soups contain potassium and sodium to help. :idea: Next day-- everything was peachy again! Lots of great info here... When you have questions, just ask! ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 27th, 2005, 7:38 am

Welcome Libragirl. So sorry for all the struggles you've been facing. This program will definately help you lose the weight physically and with the help of friends, this time, focus on a positive mental process to insure success for a life time. I'm still a newbie but everyday is one more day than before that I have stayed true to myself and the plan.

I wish you well on your journey.

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 27th, 2005, 11:57 am

Welcome libragirl! :wave:

Golly we've all lamented as to when are they going to come up with the magic bullet for losing weight. I've wondered if the stomach bypass really does work long term. Seems it really puts a dent in your lifestyle with only being able to eat such tiny amounts of food at one time.

MF works. All you have to do is follow it. Once you lose the weight, it's still a matter of following a plan and of course exercising. What I like about MF is that it doesn't encourage too much exercise in the beginning - great because when you're big, it's really hard to move your body. As I lost weight, I could do my walking and pilates much easier as time and pounds passed.

It's a lifestyle change too. It's giving up the old bad habits. But, MF gets the weight off quick! And, that's super motivating. There is hope. Keep the faith, keep shaking, and keep visiting here.

You can do it!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2005, 11:00 pm

My Goodness, I must apologize for not finding you, Libra Girl until just this very minute!

Here you were, pouring out your heart, lots of MakeMeThinner Forum Friends running to meet you and I didn't see you here. I hope that you had your Monday and that your first few days are now behind you. If not, Monday's coming and let this be the week you begin a whole new season of your life! :rose:
You have had your share of tummy zippers and while I am sorry to hear that you had a lot of discomfort and experienced skanky emotional upheaval, I pray that this little band of friends can make you feel welcome, accepted and supported as you launch out on this journey to wellness and improved health.

I cannot know what it feels like to have my innards rearranged like you have but I do know this, weight loss is just plain hard but it is not impossible. We are here to provide you with HOPE for a better way.

Shake it up, Libra Girl. BTW, my birthday is in Oct., I'm a Libra Girl, too!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 6th, 2005, 6:59 am

I am SO HYSTERICAL RIGHT NOW!!!!
Oh my - I am such a GEEK -- but all this time I was reading her name as LIBRARY GIRL -- HAHAHAHAH
:pagesturn:

Had to share - I'm :roflmao:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Hah! I thought I detected long-distance snortage, giggles and roars...it was you! Library Girl may be a better nickname than some others have had...

Potty Girl...

Sandbox Sam...

Porta-Potty Patty...

Felicia the Flusher...and her big sister, Fanny Flash Flusher...

Toily Payppah...

Outtamyway Onna Mission...

Connie Stapayshun...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 6th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Hey Nancy,

Did you hear about that new book "Race to the out house, By Willie MakeIt and Bettie Don't." I guess that's where Porta Potty Patty got her name :lol:
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Welcome Libragirl!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 7th, 2005, 8:30 am

Just wanted to wish you well on your first day with MF!! Believe everyone on here when we say that Medifast works & your success will be all the motivation you will need!!! Every day when I am tempted with food (or an adult beverage to make it through the restaraunt experience while fasting) I remember how good it feels to wake up every day and go into my closet... What used to be torture trying to figure out something that would fit is now an adevnture to see what else fits better today that I haven't worn in months!!!

Keep that in mind & use this site for advice, motivation and ideas to pull you through the tough times & you will be well on your way to that THIN person you dream about!!!

We are ALL pulling for you and here for you if you want to chat!

You are in my thoughts Libragirl!!! :stroll:
Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

reply to libragirl

Postby churchie » February 7th, 2005, 8:50 am

Hello Libragirl and welcome hope you find the support and encouragement you need here.

IT DOES WORK........I too had given up all hope. For the past 3 years lots of surgery and bedrest and I had lost over 100 pounds and kept it off for 10 years.

Then had numerous health things and gained 140. I went to LA weightloss which was against my better judgment I feel diets do not work. I do this as a meal plan. I lost 40 pounds and body stopped. I was sticking to it "perfectly" My doctor said my metabolism is "dead" Medifast was recommended to me for the cardiologist said it works for patients like me. MY GOD I HAVE BECOME A PATIENT!
I heard this recently, perfectionism is another form of self abuse!

Anyhow, I am now in my 10th week and weighed in last at 8 weeks and lost 40 pounds! I lost 10 before I started. I am now down 50 pounds and find I am not hungry at all as long as I drink all the water and shakes and my meal I do the 5 in 1. On days I get a little more hungry I do the fastsoups. Also can do boullions and up to 3 celery stalks. I have been also doing YOGA and treadmill and went out dancing for the first time in years Saturday.............wow! It is a miracle!
I too understand being overweight, surgery stuff. I almost did the bypass and decided against it, because I know I would end up popping the staples. Plus my body has already been through too many surgeries. I have enough long term damage from eating problems. The scar down the center of my chest is due to heart! That is a reminder for me too!

May this plan give you success, peace and hope and the forum to help expand the support you may need. GOOD luck on your new journey! I too got married to the DREAM man........thought I loved myself and found out I still had work to do.

He is still an awesome man and a loving and supporting partner and we have a 4 year old who is a miracle baby.

Please post how you are and best wishes for a brighter today!

Happy Shakin
gail
maintenance is the key.........that is when I will truly know. Being on the 5 and 1 is awesome. I have energy, feel great and "cleaned" out. Going back to food and maintenance is going to be challenging. I am doing things now to prepare. It is truly a lifestyle change. I suppose that is why they call it Take Shape for Life.......LOL :shock:
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » February 7th, 2005, 11:32 am

Excellent posts!

Thank you!

We'll have to check out Barnes and Noble for Willie MakeIt and Bettie Don't's latest book...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.