New kid on the block:)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby tlo » June 22nd, 2006, 5:57 pm

Hello all,

My name is Tlo, I have been reading though your forum for a couple days now, and viewing your before and after pics in the Studio, and you all have inspired me beyond words to start Medifast. It is kind of costly, so I have to wait until my next paycheck to actually order the products, but I can't wait to get started. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have never been morbidly obease, but always just heavier than everyone else around me. I have tried EVERY SINGLE diet out there known to man, and nothing has really worked for me. I feel like I am waisting the best years of my life, shying away from the world because of my weight. I am 27 years old, single, no children, I have my own place, a nice car, and a good job, but I really stay to myself because I feel ashamed of my weight all the time. Everyone tells me I am beatiful, and have such a beautiful face and could even be a model. But when I look in the mirror, I just don't see that beautiful girl, all I see is a fat girl that is smiling on the outside, but really insecure on the inside. I know I should be out enjoying myself now while I don't have many responsibilities, but most of my time, if I am not working is spent hiding in my apartment.

So I am going to try Medifast and pray that this is my answer. I just have a really, really positive feeling that this is going to work this time, and I think with all the support from all the nice people on this forum, I will suceed this time :lol: .

Sorry for the lengthy post, but needed to vent a little. But I look forward to getting to know you all better in the future.

~Tlo
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby loriannk » June 22nd, 2006, 6:17 pm

Hello & Welcome Tlo!

So glad you are joining the forum. Medifast does work if you follow the program. I have lost 48 lbs already.

:goodluck:

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 22nd, 2006, 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forum! This is a fabulous place with even more FABULOUS People!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bdg » June 22nd, 2006, 7:20 pm

Good luck! You too will have the success that others are having. Just "keep your eye on the ball" or know your goal and remember that every day you are getting closer!
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Denise » June 22nd, 2006, 8:53 pm

Welcome! You will love it here! Good luck!

Denise :D
Denise
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » June 23rd, 2006, 4:21 am

Welcome. Post often and you'll get all the support you need. If you follwo the plan you WILL lose weight on MF, no question!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elke » June 23rd, 2006, 6:07 am

Hiya Tlo, Glad you can join us. You will see resluts if you stick to the plan. :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: New kid on the block:)

Postby Lizabette » June 23rd, 2006, 7:57 am

tlo wrote:Hello all,

My name is Tlo, I feel like I am waisting the best years of my life, shying away from the world because of my weight. I am 27 years old, single, no children, Everyone tells me I am beatiful, and have such a beautiful face and could even be a model. But when I look in the mirror, I just don't see that beautiful girl, all I see is a fat girl that is smiling on the outside, but really insecure on the inside. I know I should be out enjoying myself now while I don't have many responsibilities, but most of my time, if I am not working is spent hiding in my apartment.
~Tlo

Image TIO from all of us!

You have really found the right place and your prayers will be answered! Can't wait for you get your foods and begin posting. :puter:

You will no longer be the 'new kid', but will be welcoming and encouraging others who need your help.

And we will soon see your beautiful face in before pictures and avatar, we hope. No more hiding! We are so excited for you.

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mom23 » June 23rd, 2006, 9:32 am

:wave: Welcome! We're happy to have you with us! 8)
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 23rd, 2006, 9:35 am

You are definitely in the right place and you've found the Holy Grail of weight loss. Just follow the plan and you WILL lose weight. My very first week was like an episode of Survivor but afterwards, this has been the easiest thing I've ever done.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joelie » June 23rd, 2006, 11:38 am

Yep yep! This is THE place! The HOTTEST place on the web in fact! :D
You will find so much inspiration and encouragement here.
And look! You are inspiring and encouraging ALREADY with this post as "guests" who are doing as you did before taking the plunge are reading this! ;)

You can do this! We're all here for you! We're all here for eachother!
:goteam:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby dede4wd » June 23rd, 2006, 1:51 pm

I feel like I am waisting the best years of my life, shying away from the world because of my weight.

and
when I look in the mirror, I just don't see that beautiful girl, all I see is a fat girl that is smiling on the outside, but really insecure on the inside. I know I should be out enjoying myself now while I don't have many responsibilities, but most of my time, if I am not working is spent hiding in my apartment.

You sound SO much like me! All of my friends got tired of having to come to me, I didn't want to go anywhere, I didn't want to DO anything! I wasted too many years! I wouldn't look anyone in the eye, I blended into the wallpaper on purpose. I felt HORRIBLE about myself!

MF has given me back my life! I'm so happy you've decided to join us! Ask us anything you want, we'll be here for you! This is like a family and I wouldn't have gotten through it without the wonderful people (and a couple of sourheads) on this forum!

Welcome!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby tlo » June 23rd, 2006, 1:59 pm

;) Oh my gosh, thank you all soooooooooooooo much for thoese encouraging words, I wan't expecting so many responses so soon! You guys are Fantastic!! I wish I had my products so I can start right now today!! I feel so good about this. But when I do start, there's no doubt that you guys will be my shoulder(S) to lean on!!

I know I shouldn't feel the way that I do, but what you feel about your own self is what really matters and is important.
Last time I weighed myself I was somewhere around 185, and I am about 5'4. Doctor says for my ht I should be between 135-140. So I have appx 45 pds to loose. And I am sure I can do it this time!!! Thanks again for you all being so warm & welcoming to me.
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby DogMa » June 23rd, 2006, 2:37 pm

Oh, I'm so glad you posted that, tlo. I was a little worried from your first post (people tell you you could be a model, you FEEL big, etc.) that you were actually quite small already and had an eating disorder and shouldn't be dieting.

A belated welcome to the group! This is a wonderful bunch of people, and the site is full of great information. Congrats to you for finding it BEFORE you started on the program!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

New kid on the block

Postby tlo » June 23rd, 2006, 3:37 pm

Hello, its me again. I just want to see if my ticker works:)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.