New guy here!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New guy here!!!

Postby jace » March 9th, 2006, 11:29 am

Hello all, my name is Jason and I'm a 22 year old soon-to-be police officer (after I finish the academy). I'm 6'1" and weigh in at about 275. I would like to be around the 225 range and today I ordered my medifast products. I'm excited to start this because I'm tired of being overweight. I have lost about 30lbs since last summer by changing the way I eat and by exercising, but I'd like to lose more.
jace

Postby just_julie » March 9th, 2006, 11:45 am

Welcome! You're one of a few guys (that I've seen) posting here, but we're ALL glad to help! I'm on day 6 and have already learned so much from the Forum. Look around - especially peek into the Lean Cuisine for ideas that will meet your tastebuds' needs.

Congrats on your early progress!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 11:58 am

I'm a guy, but everyone always refers to me as a lady :)
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Trixie » March 9th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Welcome Jason! I'm sure you'll find this forum is a tremendous support system. I come here daily to read posts for information, inspiration and just to know that I'm not alone in this journey.

You've chosen an awesome product in Medifast. If you stick to the plan as directed you'll be at your goal in no time!

Glad to have you along!
Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby just_julie » March 9th, 2006, 12:19 pm

I knew as soon as I posted that the guys would come out to play! Well guys? Meet Jace!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lauren » March 9th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Welcome aboard, Jason...

There are several awesome guys on board here, including Hyperion, KTrout, and Big Ron, as well as Ascicles, of course! There are, I am sure, MANY more guys looming about, they've probably just been too intimidated to enter the mix with all these outspoken women around!

The forum is great for everyone of all ages and genders - I think we even had a dog posting! (don't ask)

Anyway, the most important thing is that MF works and the people here are all going through the exact same thing as you, so feel free to vent, ask questions, complain, congratulate, or anything else you see fit.

You're going to do great!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 12:54 pm

I've definitely found this place great for information. I'm not really the type of person that looks for support or anything like that. I haven't even told my mom that I am on the diet, because she is overly supportive. I think it will be much better for me if people notice my weight dropping without me telling them that I am trying to lose. I can't wait for that day :)

It's nice to know that there are a lot of people who are going through the same things.

What I am trying to say is, this place is great for information, recipes, or support. Even if you don't need them all, you are sure to have a need for SOMETHING here.
ascicles

Return to Come on in.