New to Forum ... been on MF for a month

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Forum ... been on MF for a month

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 7:12 am

Hi my name is Jennifer and I am new to this forum. I'm a bit frustrated with MF's forum as it is moderated and takes too long to see your posts and the replies of others, etc. This community is HUGE!! Very encouraging. I have had nothing but drama since starting MF. I am one of the few (it seems) who had a really rough time my first few weeks and had to modify the MF plan to include more protein, twice a day, instead of once a day. But I am recovering nicely .. thank God! I was stuck for over a week (100% on the MF plan) where my body REFUSED to let go of weight...and I was STARVING like you wouldn't believe. In fact, I got up one morning and drove around planning when/where I was going to cheat.

Luckily for me, the 1st place was out of what I was going to get. And by the time I was almost at place #2 I had all but finished my 24 oz bottle of water that I brought with me ... cuz I really didn't wanna cheat! So I made it past that awful battle ... came home and made some oatmeal, then had a couple of eggs ... and boy did I feel better! And I finally started to lose again. I am a chronic weigher and even have spreadsheets for the past several years!!

My normal weigh in day is Monday ... but so far, as of today I have lost 15.4 lbs. I started at 327.2 and today I weigh 311.8. I think tomorrow the scale will go up a bit ... just cuz that is my pattern. After reviewing my weight lost history during my last diet (in 2003 - low carb). I find I have a selective memory ... it appears that it took me a WHOLE 52 weeks (thats one year for those of you keeping track at home) to lose 47 lbs!! I started that diet weighing 312.2 lbs. So after reviewing this information, and seeing how long it took for me to lose weight ... I am no longer so hard on MF results.

I was hoping to have at least 20 lbs gone the first month ... weighing as much as I do I didn't think it was too much to ask, but I guess my body had another thing in mind. So although I can't do MF hardcore (i.e. all shakes and L&G meal) ... I have to work this diet the way it will work for ME ... as a LIFE CHANGE .. because I don't ever want to have to lose again ... unless its 5-10 lbs. So wish me luck! Thanks, Jennifer

Re: New to Forum ... been on MF for a month

Postby metoo70 » August 27th, 2006, 7:14 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi my name is Jennifer ...

That's me folks ... I guess I wasn't logged on when I posted so it shows me as a guest. :D
metoo70
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 27th, 2006, 7:22 am

Hi Jennifer! Welcome Aboard!

You will come to love this place! It is full of awesome information as well as super members with lots of support!

I look forward to watching you become a Great Loser!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » August 27th, 2006, 7:48 am

Hello Jennifer. I am new around here as well and am just getting the feel of the place. So far it is wonderful. Lots of motivation and support and many friendly members. I am really starting to feel at home.
Congrats on the weight you have lost so far! You are on your way!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Jennifer

Postby pandasmom » August 27th, 2006, 8:07 am

Hello there and welcome...

I would like to give some constructive criticism here if I might. Diets are never easy they take tons of work. It is a mind over matter thing also as to what you want to eat and want you need to eat. I have been on MF since April and I have lost over 60 lbs. I started well over 200 pounds so no about being over weight. I have also been on every other diet in the world and have NEVER lost like i am doing on MF.

First thing you NEED to do is get rid of the bathroom SCALE!! TRASH IT .. any thing. My hubby took mine after the first day i weighted so i new where i was starting and he gives it back to me once a month or so and no other times. IT has helped me SO SO MUCH.. to not see the every day up's and downs but to see a loss and a great loss at that all at once.

I suggest measuring yourself also. I do it once a week then on weeks i do not feel i might be losing I can see wow my inches are really going down. I have lost OVER 30 inches.. SO measure yourself....

I also do not think just because you are more over weight that you will necessarly lose faster .. So thinking you want to lose 20- or 30 or any amount of pounds the first month is good. I think you set yourself up for failure. I am speaking here as i felt i think if you take it one day and one pound at a time thats the best one can do. You can certainly read here on this sight that is DOES wrok for people..
You have to do what it says and how it says it is suppose to work and it will work..

Once reason you are starving i am assuming is because you are used to eating more in one day then we should. So it will take your body time to no it is not starving..... but it will happen.. AND DO drink tons and tons of water the more water you drink the more i find i do lose.
If you are thinking of cheating then you will fail. you have to find something else to do .. and believe me i no easier said then done.. but i didnt want to get up off the dofa either.. I didnt want to clean house every day... BUT you have to get up and do something .. It will not be long tell you have more energy to get up and do stuff.... Please believe me...

Believe me i no that at first it is not easy but you have to also change your mind here as i do believe it is mind over matter. We can still over eat if we let our selves i mean how did we get this way in the first place right?

I am not saying or meaning to say any thing bad here really.. I just want to support you and let you no it does work....

I have never felt so good or had people tell me how different i look in such a long time.. My hubby and kids are so happy and proud of me.. As i said i have done about any other diet you can think of and well this one is one i have stuck to and is so easy to do.. sure its not easy watching my family eat dinner and have things i want.. It is not easy making it for them but stick with it when you see results you will start to say wow this is working and worth it.....

There are tons of people here to talk to to help you if you need help at any time.. People here have been so supportive it is great.....
I no myself I have met some really nice ladies and will have them for friends for a very long time..........

So just hang in there give it a a chance.. And the more you modify the diet well then i wouldnt expect the same results of to lose as well either. It is made to do it one way and sticking to it the way it is set up you will lose weight. I think since I started I have averages 3 1/2 lbs or so a week and thats doing the diet as they say to do it....

So any way keep with it... Dont give up.. Stick to it the best you can and you will see success really you will................

Take care..
Terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » August 27th, 2006, 8:19 am

Welcome Jennifer, nice to have you with us :) Stay focused and stay strong, it really is the easiest diet I have ever been on.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby loriannk » August 27th, 2006, 8:29 am

Hi Jennifer and Welcome to the fourm.

You had a great first month. Good Job! Keep Shakin!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby beeah_b » August 27th, 2006, 10:42 am

Welcome Jennifer. I started 7/31/06 and honestly think that all the time sitting at the computer during the first couple of weeks in this forum helped immeasurably. Just reading all the success stories, and the Studio... That is so inspiring I still go look! :lol: You can do this :exercise:
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby metoo70 » August 27th, 2006, 11:01 am

Terri:
I appreciate everything you are saying ... and I know that you mean what you say as a suggestion or based on your personal experience. What I KNOW is how starving I was ... that is truth! I know how I felt the first week and I know how I progressed on through to my third week. I NEVER experienced what the majority of people say they experience (forgetting to eat the 6th meal, etc.).

Everyone is different and if you believe that everyone loses differently then you have to believe that what works for you may not work in the same way for me. I get really defensive when people make comments about how I modified the plan. They completely ignore that I have lost the feeling of starving, that I kick started my weight loss, and that I don't feel as hopeless as I did before (I modified). And to be truthful it is completely acceptable to MF to split your L&G meal and have a 4/2 plan.

I have worked thru the times when I THOUGHT I was hungry, but realized it was just because I was sitting in front of the TV (when I used to eat all the time). I also understand how much food I used to eat compared to what I eat now. When my body tells me I am hungry ... day after day ... for weeks .. then I listen. I survived two BIG attempts at cheating, and didn't cheat. I have all of the willpower and discipline that anyone needs to accomplish this or anything else in my life.

Again, I apologize for being defensive but I take those kinds of comments very personally. I didn't really get into everything that I struggled with (all the details of my situation thus far) and I guess when I hear people tell me if I just "stick to it" -- I feel judged. And we all know you can't judge anyone's decisions until you walk a mile in their shoes. I just came here for support. I have lost a bunch of weight and if I hadn't made the change that I did I would have either eventually cheated or I would have lost ZERO for week 3 (and who knows after that). Now tell me who on MF (unless they have thyroid issues) only loses ZERO for being 100% on plan? Again, forgive my blunt reply ... but I am fighting for my life. I take complete responsibility for what has happened in my past, and for what I make of my future.

To everyone else who posted ... thank you so much for all of your kind comments... I really appreciate them.
metoo70
Newbie - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 11:41 am

Hi Jennifer,
I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to say I'm glad you found us! One month down, on to month two!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » August 27th, 2006, 11:49 am

WELCOME, Jennifer, happy that you are here with us!! Congrats on a successful first month. :D
And, congratulations, for trying to identify your weight loss issues and for trying to plan how you are going to tackle them and to find a 'system' that will work for you, personally. Everyone is different. Just listen to your own body! Good for you! Much success is wished for you. You can get some of your questions answered here, there is also nutritional support that you can consult, and you will also find plenty of ideas on here, which might or might not work for you. Again, listen to your own body and also what you are working out, within yourself, for yourself. :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Thanks very much Joan ... I appreciate your support. I don't mean to come off as ungrateful...but I have spent my entire life swallowing my feelings/voice ... and I am trying to get rid of that habit since it has led me to where I am today. I have always bent over backwards for others, and now its all about me (of course I still have time for others:)

Postby metoo70 » August 27th, 2006, 12:36 pm

ooooppsss ... I did it again! I forgot to log on. That was my post above :)
Hopefully I will remember next time ..... :D
metoo70
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby metoo70 » August 28th, 2006, 8:16 am

Well it's WEEK 4 for me on MF and I have lost another 4.4 lbs (after modifying the MF plan). I am very happy. I have also lost a total of 8.25 inches! 5 of them off my chest and my hips, who wouldn't be excited about that!!! I knew my hips were melting!!!

Week 1 - 7.8
Week 2 - 3.6
Week 3 - .6
Week 4 - 4.4

TOTAL - 16.0
metoo70
Newbie - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.