I need your prayers -- Jan

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I need your prayers -- Jan

Postby Jan » April 27th, 2006, 6:52 am

Dear Friends,
I've been missing the last few days and most likely will be missing a few more. My very very loved dad, who just celebrated his 100th birthday last month, died yesterday morning. I was very very close to him and not at all ready to part with him. I had to make all the life and death decisions since legally I am an "only child". It was very very hard for me. But, I was able to do one last thing for him. He did not want to die in the hospital -- he wanted to die at his home (where he had lived since 1918) in his chair. I insisted he be sent home from the hospital. It took some doing but we got him home. Up until the very end his mind was good.
As I rode home in the ambulance with him -- I gave him progress reports as to how close he was -- the nurses were afraid he'd die in the ambulance but I told them I'd rather have him die "on his way home" than in the hospital. He made it!!! His last evening on earth was spend in his chair. His beloved cat Reno was sitting right next to him.. I asked his big friend Myron to come and sing for him. Myron sang gospel and prayed. The rest of us, sang, prayed, cried, and shared and yes even laughed a little. It was quite the going home celebration for a very loved little old man. Now I must deal with the loss, and go forward knowing I'll see him again one day. I'm struggling and cherish your prayers.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Tiolazz » April 27th, 2006, 7:05 am

Jan,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of sorrow.

My father has too been ill, and I understand you not being ready to part with him. I don't think we are ever ready to have our dear daddies go...

but he is in a better place, and just remember the wonderful times, the wonderful memories and all of the wonderful things that I am sure he has taught you.

And know that now he is watching down on you, I am sure with pride and respect, seeing what a wonderful job he did raising his only child.

I know we all on this board, respect you, so we know he did his job right.

again, you are in my prayers.

Terri
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby horsey girl » April 27th, 2006, 7:10 am

Jan, You have my prayers and I am sure those of many of us, but what a wonderful way to go. You will have those memories to cherish. I lost my dad a few years ago and I was not there. You should take great comfort in knowing he died where he wanted surrounded by loved ones. My heart goes out to you. Horsesculpter
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 27th, 2006, 7:10 am

Oh Jan...I am so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you could grant his request - sounds like it was a lovely going home celebration. He is with His Saviour now and in a new glorified body and yes, you will be with him one day again.

It sounds as if you had a wonderful relationship and for that you should feel awesome. Too many people are so estranged from their loved ones and families that when a time like this comes, you feel more than just sorrow you feel regret. Sounds like you should have no regrets and only wonderful memories.

As much as we know that our family who pass are in a glorious place, we still miss them terribly. You need to allow yourself to grieve but always remember the good times you had with your Dad - they will help you get through it all.

Heavenly Father, I place Jan in Your Loving HAnds and ask that you comfort her and give her the peace that passeth all understanding. Calm her and fill her with the joy of Your Spirit. I ask this in Jesus Precious and Holy Name. AMen.

Hugs and prayers will continue to come your way Jan.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 27th, 2006, 7:13 am

Jan,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beloved father. I know this must be a very difficult time for you and I think that you're an amazing daughter to give your dad his wish of leaving this earth in his home. We hospiced my mil at our home because it was as she wished and I'm so thankful we did as we did, we have no regrets about it. Just as you father, she was surrounded by those who loved her.

You take as much time as you need and I hope that you're able to find some peace and comfort in your friends and family during this time. I'll say a prayer for you and your dad.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 27th, 2006, 7:15 am

Jan :hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. You are a wonderful daughter and made his last moments wonderful for him and a cherished memory for you. You are in my prayers. I pray for the peace that passes all understanding and the Holy Spirits comfort to you in your time of grief.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 27th, 2006, 7:35 am

Jan~ :hugblue: You know you have my thoughts and prayers through this time. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

You were blessed to have him and he was blessed to have you!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby macielnv » April 27th, 2006, 7:42 am

Jan- I want to send my sincere condolences to you! I think its beautiful that you were able to grant his final wish and he got to go where he felt the most comfortable. I know you have been taking care of him for awhile- he is in a great place now.
(wiping tears that are running down my face)

Carly
Start date 02/19/07
5'7" 30 yrs old
245/226/180

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w09qEBW/]
[/url]
macielnv
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby mamabear » April 27th, 2006, 7:55 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. That is so wonderful that you were able to fulfill his last wish. :hug:
mamabear

Postby jump4joy » April 27th, 2006, 8:06 am

Oh dear Jan! My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to you today. We are never ever ready to let go of someone dearly loved. How blessed he was to live such a long and healthy life....to have his last wish to be at home, surrounded by his loved ones...to be able to say those last sweet goodbyes. That would be be my ideal when it's my time to pass through the veil. Take comfort in the knowledge that our soul is eternal, and you WILL be reunited with him again one day. Christ has conquered Death, and it's sting has been swallowed up in him.

My thoughts and prayers go with you....

Joy
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy

Postby Shana » April 27th, 2006, 8:26 am

Jan,
I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand what you're going through, and the difficulty of being put in the position to make medical decisions for a parent who is terminally ill.
Please take some comfort in the knowledge that you were able to not only fulfill his wishes, but that he had you with him to hold his hand, and was surrounded by people who cherished him.
You were both blessed to have one another and he will always be with you.
Shana

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 27th, 2006, 8:36 am

What a wonderful thing you did for your father, Jan. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue through this very hard time.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby SandyB » April 27th, 2006, 8:37 am

I'm sorry for your loss Jan. My dad passed away at 60 years-old three years ago this month, from a heart attack and I still miss him. Dads are very special and sometimes don't get as much recognition as they should, but it sounds like the bond you two shared will last forever. Take care, Sandy
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 27th, 2006, 9:33 am

Jan,

Not only does it sound like you had a great Dad, but your Dad was so very fortunate to have a great daughter in you! By abiding by his wishes and bringing him home at the end, you gave to your Dad, yet, another precious memory to take with him. My thoughts and prayers(already said) are with you today.

Sincerely, Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » April 27th, 2006, 9:45 am

Jan, I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry: You father must have been an amazing man to raise such a caring and thoughtful daughter. I am sure he is looking down on you from heaven with great pride. Just know you are in all our thoughts.

Next

Return to Come on in.