Prayers are appreciated

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Prayers are appreciated

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Well, here's my story. I just celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday, I'm 5'1" and probably about 285lbs :oops: ( I'm scared to get on scales). I have the greatest hubby in the world and five wonderful children. In 1998, I lost 70lbs by simply cutting back the amount of food I ate, then I put all the weight plus some back on while under the stress of building a house. Since then, I have tried everything from a complete 40 day fast, to gym visits 5X's week. I even tried MF a while back.

I went to the DR looking for surgery and instead he suggested MF, but he hyped me up for huge amounts of weight loss (he mentioned 15 lbs in my first week!!) when I had "only" lost 12lbs in four weeks, I was discourage and quit. Now that I have done some in depth research on my own :idea: and know the truth about how it works, I'm going on again and a bit more realistic and excited!! I had made up my mind earlier this week (when I ordered) that the moment the shakes arrived, I was on the plan. Well, they arrived this afternoon (while I was having a pizza snack ;) ), so I threw away the pizza and started the program. I plan to have a shake for dinner tonight, and never look back.

I love the encouragement I get reading all the posts from you guys that have walked the road and reach the goal. Please keep me in your prayers!!

Kathy

Postby Nancy » December 29th, 2005, 4:29 pm

Hi there, Kathy!

Good for you for ditching the pizza! Be sure to read through the Quick Start booklet several times to get the plan under your belt and you will get off to a fine start!

A 15 pound weight loss the first week is NOT realistic. More like 5-8 pounds for most people.

(Those wonderful men usually dump off more than us goils but for a doc to tell you that you should lose 15 pounds your first week is totally whacked, IMHO.)

Welcome aboard! You'll be celebrating that 29th birthday for many more years because you took the time to improve your health!

Prayers winging their way up for YOU!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

15 pounds/week

Postby Jan » December 29th, 2005, 5:42 pm

My goodness Kathy,
I think your Dr got just a little bit over enthusiastic with his prediction of a l5 pound weight loss in the first week. That is even really hard for men !! Those lucky losers :D
But, at least your Dr. did you a great favor and sent you this way. You will part with the pounds. Compliance and determination make it possible. I know you can do it. I am a very slow loser but I've parted with about 45 - 50 pounds. Just think by summer you'll be "lookin' good" I'm happy to find you posting here -- keep it up-- it really helps and I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.