I need your prayers -- Jan

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Prayer

Postby Bling Bling » April 28th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Jan... We haven't "met" but I want you to know that your description of the last hours before your father's passing spoke volumes about his life and the love you shared. Thank you for telling us about such a personal time in your lives. I am reminded of when my young brother-in-law passed away. He was at home after battling cancer for seven years and moments from death. We all gathered around him and sang "Silent Night." Although it wasn't Christmas, the verse "Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace" ushered him into the Lord's presence. Would that we all have a passing like Mark and your father. I will pray for you as I fall asleep tonight. You are a beautiful daughter.

Karen
Start Date: April 26, 2006

Bling Bling
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Linda » April 29th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Jan, I hope your grieving is made easier by the knowledge that you gave your father the most precious gift by allowing him to pass in the comfortable surroundings of his own home with family and friends close by. God bless you!
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lizabette » April 29th, 2006, 1:30 pm

"Heavenly Father, I place Jan in Your Loving Hands and ask that you comfort her and give her the peace that passeth all understanding. Calm her and fill her with the joy of Your Spirit. I ask this in Jesus Precious and Holy Name. Amen."

What a sweet, comforting prayer, Michelle. I'm sure we all agree and will pray that prayer for Jan.

JAN, We all love you,Image

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mom23 » April 29th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Jan, I apologize for not responding sooner. Your post brought back a flood of memories for me that left me 'speechless' (I won't hijack this post to explain).

I am so sorry about your father's passing. :hugblue: You did a wonderful thing for him and I'm sure it made him leave this world for his eternal reward that much better for him. Your actions speak volumes for the love and respect you had for your father -- he was blessed to have you as his daughter.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Thank you soooo much

Postby Jan » April 30th, 2006, 10:38 am

I want to thank each of you for your very kind messages to me. They mean soooo much to me. My Dad was the very youngest of his brothers and sisters (20 years younger) so really there is only me left. I do have a special cousin in Nevada -- but she herself is 84 and unable to travel at this time.
I have re-read these wonderful messages many many times and I'm copying them to save to remind me of how much support I had through this very difficult time. Thank You All!!!
We buried Daddy yesterday. My son Mark went to the cemetary to make certain all was "ok" He watched as Dad was buried -- I couldn't bring myself to do it. We all picked out his clothes. His flannel shirt, work pants -- a stocking cap on his head ( I made it) and his old black jacket. In his pocket were fishing lures and in his hand a very small bottle of brandy. Daddy didn't really drink but loved brandy ( maybe once every couple of weeks he'd have a small glass) I also put in a picture of his beloved cat Reno and clipped a small amount of cat fur to go along. The cat was not toooo cooperative :? Our daughter Mindy did a wonderful huge floral for his grave. She put in 7 dozen roses and various other flowers and greenery. She also included sun flowers because Daddy loved to grow them. His memorial will be next Sat at the church.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know they're keeping me going. You have provided a big family for me. And thank you for letting me share this with all of you. It has helped me sooo much to be able to talk about my Dad and his "going home". I am soo thankful for this forum and its most wonderful members. You have helped me so much.
Love
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Bonnie » May 3rd, 2006, 1:00 pm

My Dear Friend

As I read your post about your final moments with your dad, I was thinking to myself "What a wonderful daughter you were to your father" to make his finally wishes come true.

As long as I have know you - I have witnessed your unfailing kindness to your father and others as well. I know you will miss your dad. I miss my dad too!!

I am so glad that you shared this with us.

We all love you Jan!!! We are glad that you love us enough to share this with us.

My prayers are with you.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.