Need Help for Shopping List!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Need Help for Shopping List!!!

Postby SexyMomma » January 18th, 2006, 9:23 am

Hi everyone Brand new couple here! My package should be delivered today & After my hubby & I go over everything we are hoping to start it together on Sunday (our Monday at work). My biggest First question (many more to come I'm sure! :oops:) Is what exactly should I have on my FIRST SHOPPING LIST to begin the program?

Does anyone have a sample shopping list that I can go by? There is probably one included in my start up package - I just don't know it yet!! :?

I can't wait to get going on this & thank God I have my hubby to help out & go through it with me as well as all of you out there!
Whew Hoo!@!

Thanks for any help you can offer me on the Grocery List!!
SexyMomma

Postby MusicalMomma » January 18th, 2006, 9:34 am

Welcome Sexymomma!!! :hug: I started Monday and LOVE this program! So easy, goof proof and tasty too :D My husband is also doing this with me. So we have a lot in common already!!!!

I would suggest getting:

-beef and chicken bullion for the soups
-Splenda packets (incase you need to sweeten something up)
-Mrs Dash
-Cinnamon & various other spices that you like (to jazz up the flavor)
-Davinci sugar free syrups....they have MANY flavors, are zero calories and can be added to many of the products. davincigormet.com

The allowable snacks are:
3 celery stalks
bullion
pickle spears (2 I think)
there are more but that is what comes to mind.

There will also be a list of acceptable veggies for your "lean and green meal" in your Quick Start Book.

You may also want to check out the "Lean Cuisne" threads at the bottom of this forum for some WONDERFUL ideas
:D
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

list...

Postby SexyMomma » January 18th, 2006, 9:40 am

Thank you Joyce! So - what does your husband think of it so far?? I am so afraid that my husband will HATE it & end up eating nothing instead of the MF food because he is so darn picky!! I have to find the food that he likes or else find a way to "spice or sweeten" things up so he will eat them that way!! I see that there are TONS of TRICKS to do so - just gotta get 'em all so I can start them ASAP!

Now the Boullion - do I need to purchase the "Low sodium" brand or is there a "diet" kind out there somewhere???!! He is also not a Diet soda kind of guy - gotta change him over QUICK! He does drink a ton of water in a day though - so that won't be bad! Can I also use LEMON in foods to flavor them? And...did you see that SHRIMP recipe in the lean cuisine thread? I was wondering HOW MANY SHRIMP is a serving? ounce wise??

Thanks Joyce - You'll be hearing from me I'm sure!!
~Tammy~
SexyMomma

Postby cydj21 » January 18th, 2006, 9:48 am

Hello there and welcome! :D Today is day four for me. Some of the things I bought (in addition to what our one and only MusicalMomma listed) include:

-Diet Ginger Ale, Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Diet Pepsi w. Lime
-Lots of vegetables and greens (scallions, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, green leaf lettuce, peppers
-Can't Belive It's Not Butter Spray (the herb and garlic kind)
-Sugar Free JellO (both ready made cups and the make at home kind)
-Lots of chicken and a big bag of talapia (I don't eat red meat so I stocked up big time on fish and chicken)
-Crystal Light to go packets (they really help for chugging down the 64+ ounces of water a day)

I plan to buy some of the DaVinci syrups soon. I'm still in the process of hunting for a bargain... :D

I think one of the biggest surprises for me so far... :shock: I have only had one soda in the first 3.5 days. Shocking! I've always drank diet soda and would usually have 2-3 a day....which is kind of why I wanted to make sure I had variety because I figured it would help get me through the rough patches. Surprsingly, I haven't even really felt like drinking it. Progress perhaps? :D Who knows, but I found it to be an interesting observation.

Good luck as you start your journey!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 18th, 2006, 9:51 am

I have a REALLY picky husband too!! He LOVES it!!!

you dont have to get low sodium anything :D if you do use a good bit of sodium, you'll wanna increase your water intake. I use lemon juice, in a bottle, in my iced tea...it's zero cals, so I hope it's OK. Maybe one of the verterans could answer that for both of us.

7oz of shrimp (seafood) is a serving (as well as chicken and turkey)
5oz of Beef, Pork or lamb is a serving

It's pretty darn generous!!! :D

Have your husband read up on the medifast plan, why it works, what ketosis is and the important role it plays in fat loss. That may help him stick to the plan even if he tries something he doesn't particularly care for :D

:goteam:
MusicalMomma

Postby Carrie » January 18th, 2006, 10:15 am

I usually get by with:
* 'Better than Boullion' brand boullion - it's WAY better than the cubes or powders
* Onions, cabbage, chives, etc for the soups
* Salsa for the chili
* Pickles
* Pre-cooked chicken breasts
* extra t.p.

:toast:

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Shopping List

Postby Jan » January 18th, 2006, 10:24 am

Wow,
By now you're going to have your shopping list all made. What great suggestions you have received. And as it was said, don't worry about the salt in fact in the first 3 days or so we like you to have a cup of bouillon. Chicken, Beef or Veggie -- regular -- that's to replace some salts that you may be losing. You'll be getting lots of exercise running to the potty :D
Pick up some low carb, low fat salad dressing too. Nancy has some posts on this. (Walden Farms makes a good no fat not sugar one) Now as to the lemon juice hmmmm lemons generally have carbs so I'm wondering why it is no calorie. I know you have to be really careful here.
Be sure and pick up some interesting spices too -- again though on some of the combo spices read to make sure they are not adding sugar.
Read through lean cuisine -- you'll find great recipes there. And one little hint -- I've heard the chicken noodle soup is best simmered on the stove. My personal taste buds are perhaps challenged because everthing tastes fine to me.!! Remember everything is dehydrated so if you let it sit a bit it all plumps up. You'll have fun experimenting.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

THANK YOU!! Oh No!!

Postby SexyMomma » January 18th, 2006, 10:24 am

Ok Carrie - extra TP???!!! That's not a good sign!! I figured I'd be spending some Extra time "De-Toxifying"....now you just confirmed it!!!

Thank you soo much to everyone for the extra tips & shopping advice - it is really sounding Not So Bad after all!!!

:)Tam
SexyMomma

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2006, 12:19 pm

You've got a great list there - sheesh! I am amazed how how many 'extras' so many of you have. I like the simple way and don't do nearly as much doctoring as many of you do.

I like to cook and bake so I have always had a huge spice rack and lots of hot sauces so I did not need to invest $ in more. My cupboard looks like the Spice Islands warehouse! I also love to eat and make dill pickles so those are usually on hand here, too.

Sexy, you and your husband will do great - just eat your meals on time and drink your water. Yes, you and the Charmin Man will be best friends. Very soon you will know where every bathroom in town is located...water drinking leads to Potty Time! :partytime:

Re: Lemon Juice...yep, it does have carbs, you may use a teensy tinsy dribble of it (I often have a cup or two of hot water with a dibble dabble of lemon juice - like a hot lemonade) and I would recommend using fresh lemon as your first choice, in second place for ease and convenience try the frozen 100% lemon juice that Minute Maid puts out rather than the ones that come in the little squeezy plastic lemons or limes thathave preservatives.

The Minute Maid 100% Pure Lemon Juice is in a plastic yellow bottle with a squeezer top and comes in a black and yellow box. Some stores place it in the frozen food case next to the frozen fish and seafood and sometimes it is in the juice section. Usually it is in a small spot, takes up just a foot or so wide with maybe two - three boxes shoulder-to-shoulder on the shelf so you have to hunt for it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 18th, 2006, 12:33 pm

thanks for the lemon juice info Nancy...guess I will have to enjoy my tea (not only decaffinated) but without lemon too!!! LOL BUT it's worth it!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Hunny, I didn't say you cannot have lemon - just don't eat five lemons a day!

1 cup of Lemon Juice =
54 calories
16 carbs

Lemons are fruits and fruits are carby!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.