The Shopping Thread!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 1st, 2005, 2:17 pm

I have to share my excitement!!!

I have been saying all along that I haven't really changed sizes yet, things are getting loose but not a full size blah blah blah......WELL....!!

I went to Casual Corner Women and found a skirt (without an elastic waist I might add) in a size 1x that fits!!!! Now pre-medifast I would have been in at least a 3x.....then I did some some more shopping at a couple other stores cause I wanted some shorts for working out...I actually went into the "regular misses" section and bought 2 pair of shorts in XL and 2 pair in Large. The large fit but are snug, and just have an elastic waist and they were only 6 bucks....Then I found some tops and bought several in size 18 (now I am very chesty and would have been in the 24-26 size range previously), and I found a skirt in size 20.....

And I went to the Fossil outlet store and got 2 leather purses a womens and mens wallet for $60.00......one of the purses was only 9.99....so I am on cloud nine and I guess I did maybe change a size or four!!!!! Yahoo! :dance:

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 1st, 2005, 2:27 pm

How :kool: cool - Maura!!

It feels rewarding to actually SEE the results with you very own eyes (and size!)

:dance: Keep on shakin!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bk » June 1st, 2005, 4:57 pm

Maura - I am sooooooo danged excited for you!!!!!!! Isn't it fun to pick up those sale & clearance bargains in whatever size, because you just KNOW that they WILL fit, eventually?!?!?!

You couldn't tell you had dropped sizes because you were in those knit elastic waist clothes! Well no more!! Look out, world, we've got another no-more-elastic woman on our hands!!! She's confident and looks great and knows that her new thinner self is shrinking!

Accessories are always nice, too! When I want something new (y'all know I like to reward myself frequently), I pick up a new accessory!

I'm still blown away - FOUR SIZES!!!!!!!!!!!

I went shopping, myself, today too -- in my friends' closets! I have a big interview at a schmancy law firm on Friday, and was in desperate need of a suit. I called everyone I knew to beg for help (at least those that I thought might be around size 14) and picked up 2 separate suits. I grabbed one from each that fit, and a friend coming into town for our 5th year college reunion is bringing me some dress shirts. (Otherwise I'll have to buy one). Perfect the suits are not (they're not petite!), but they'll do, and it is a relief that I can save the $$$ of a new suit -- especially when I'd only wear it once!

Otherwise, not too much shopping on my end -- I have collected quite a cute little bundle of clothes on clearance to cover most of my needs. But summer sales should be happening soon, and I'll be happy to go shop some clearance items!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 1st, 2005, 4:59 pm

FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!! Gosh I know that's so exciting for you. Even if you don't buy anything...knowing that you CAN in those sizes is so rewarding. Sometimes I get pleasure in Wal-Mart or any store when I walk by clothes and I think to myself "I could buy that if I wanted to!" :D GREAT FOR YOU MAURA!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 1st, 2005, 8:28 pm

Another woman discovers she has a waist...

Because you can!

Record this in your journal, Maura's Medifast Moment... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room