I am locked out of the Christian thread

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

I am locked out of the Christian thread

Postby supermom » June 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Hello Guest. First off, I want to say that I really don't think you would be treated any differently because of your beliefs. I know that I wouldn't treat you any different. I happen to believe in God. You don't. That is your right. That is one of the great things about being American. You can make your own choices. I am a Christian, and I am proud of it. I think Christians are eager to let others know that they are Christians simply because believing in Jesus Christ and living your life with Him brings a certain amount of peace to a person. As Christians, we are taught to live a life of joy and set an example to others that is worthy of their curriosity. Curious to know what I have that someone else doesn't that brings me such peace and comfort no matter what the situation. Please don't think I am trying to "preach" at you. I am not. God did not put me on this Earth to judge anyone. Who really knows what happens after we die?? Only the dead really know. They are the only ones who have experienced it. We cannot communicate with them. It brings me joy and comfort to have Faith that there is a beautiful place waiting for me after I depart from this Earth. That I will have a painless life everlasting. Please, if you don't mind, pm me and tell me about your beliefs. I like to learn about other people, their heritage, their religion, their culture. I think it makes me a more rounded, more understanding and more compassionate person. If you have been on the board for long, you probably know that I am studying to be a nurse. I am sure I will care for someone who is an atheist sometime in my career. I would like to know about the culture to make sure I don't offend anyone.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 27th, 2006, 3:07 pm

nicely said supermom :)
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » June 27th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I certainly didnt mean to offend anyone by asking. I am so sorry if I did. I didnt want to bring up a religious debate of any kind. I was just curious and for the person who is an athiest, whomever you are, your support and goals here are what is important to me not how you chose to live your life. I'm sorry you felt you needed to hide it, I certainly did not intend to make anyone feel like I was pointing fingers.

The the admins...(Tim) I apologize for getting things started.
Prancer

Postby GucciGoo » June 27th, 2006, 3:15 pm

I think we were all locked out - Unca wanted the topic dropped so it did not cause a fight. I am sure he will lock this thread too.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby supermom » June 27th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Yes, he was typing his message as I opened another thread. My Bad.
supermom

Postby GucciGoo » June 27th, 2006, 3:21 pm

:(
GucciGoo

Everyone has been welcome here...

Postby Ginabobina1969 » June 27th, 2006, 4:41 pm

From the beginning everyone is welcome here, from what I have seen.

I thought this particular section was here for discussing things that are part of our lives OUTSIDE of medifast and dieting. For some of us that happens to be God, our Christianity/Spirituality which is why, I am sure, that Jenn asked. We can discuss shopping, family, children, alternative lifestyles, travelling..etc..but we cannot even state that we are christian, while not attacking anyone for NOT being one...without being accused of dragging that into everything?

I am not trying to be controversial but I would be lying if I said that doesn't bother me. It does. I have a right to share the fact that I believe in God as long as I am not trying to force anyone else too or condemning anyone else who doesn't, correct?

Noone was trying too point out anyone who does or does not believe in God..noone is trying to force anyone else to change their views...just some of us were sharing with EACH other, our beliefs. That is our constitutional right just as each person has the right to believe and practice or not, as they wish.

I am saddened that the other thread was closed and that this one probably will be too.

God Bless,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » June 27th, 2006, 4:55 pm

You know, this happens in every forum I have ever belonged to. And it always ends up with feelings getting hurt. I was really hoping this forum was not the same.
GucciGoo

Postby Prancer » June 27th, 2006, 4:59 pm

I never intended for this to happen. This really doesnt need to turn into something that divides people. I was just curious to see if there were others here like me. Please dont let it upset people.
Prancer

Postby AlexLHH » June 27th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Let's not lock this thread!

I am by no means a Christian (born and raised Jewish, with my own beliefs falling into the "atheist/other" category) but I think anything that will help people succeed at losing weight is worth having on the board!

I get my strength from a lot of things, but a lot of people get it from their strong belief in Jesus.

I completely see the point of wanting to connect on that level, and just want you all to know I'm not offended.

This board IS the most supportive on the net, and I think people should be able to choose their means of supporting each other.
AlexLHH

Postby supermom » June 27th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Thanks Alex!
supermom

Postby Unca_Tim » June 27th, 2006, 7:32 pm

ok guys....it's your board.

Don't say I didn't try to stop it....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Lulie » June 27th, 2006, 7:45 pm

I'm a Christian also. I would never try to force my beliefs on anyone. I don't believe that is the way Jesus would do things, so neither would I.

I also wanted to add that I loved your quote Janea:

"He must increase, I must decrease!" John 3:30

That is good!~)
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Okay, first off I am shocked to see that the other thread was locked. The only reason I know this was because of Zinkette's journal.

For the guest who was so upset, I was baffled as to why. If there was a a thread open for athiests I dont' even think I would be tempted to read it. If you are atheist why are you seeking to see what the Christians are saying? I mean there are so many threads on here on SO MANY topics.

Maybe it's Jesus tugging at your heart strings...who knows. :D

It's just puzzling and rather pathetic to me to get upset at someone who believes a certian way. In this forum of all things!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby TooManyBooks » June 27th, 2006, 9:56 pm

SharonR said:

It's just puzzling and rather pathetic to me to get upset at someone who believes a certian way.

This is what "Guest" said on the locked thread:

I am an athiest, but I logged out to make this post because I fear that people on the board would treat me differently if they knew. I have no problem with Christians proclaiming their faith on the boards, but I think they would have trouble with me proclaiming my non-faith.

I don't read "Guest's" post as being upset, but simply cautious about openly stating what they (Guest) see as a "minority" belief for this board.

My beliefs are not Christian-based so I don't read what doesn't interest me and ignore the bible quotes. And yes, some of it sounds preachy to me, but that's what the back button is for.

I think it would be very interesting to have threads on different beliefs and I'd read all of them. Someone out there must be interested in animal symbology and the Goddess. :)

I'm not trying to incite a flame war, just MHO about the topic.
Start date 4/6/06
TooManyBooks
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to What's Shakin'