Grocery List

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Grocery List

Postby MsApril » May 9th, 2005, 4:30 pm

okay i just got back from Wally World (aka Wal-Mart). I am stocking up on every thing extra I might need. Tell me if I left out anything
1. kosher dill pickles spiced with tabasco
2. A1 steak sauce spiced with tabasco
3. few cans of rotels, extra spicy
4. every can of Diet Coke with Splenda they had on the shelf
5. small green olives
6. red wine vinager
7. no carb salad dressing
8. celery
9. purple onions
10. some new kinda onion i have never seen before i think it was called capillos-- looks like a small button squash but its yellow onion
11. salad mix with spinach and carrots
12. fresh mushrooms
13. chicken bullion cubes

did i leave out anything inmportant?
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 9th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Carrots are generally a no-no. They are a bit carb-y. There are just a few shreds in pre-packaged mixes though. Can one of the experts help us out here? One thing I used to have everyday was sugarfree jello in the little cups. We can have two servings a day. Black Cherry is good and so is watermelon.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bk » May 9th, 2005, 6:34 pm

my only extras are claussen mini dills with a dab of mustard on the top. so i can't help, but i thought i'd share my little snack. tastes like sandwich.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diet Diva » May 9th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Hi there,

Sure sounds like you've done your research and are prepared.Way to go! It will really pay off. One thing I really like in addition to chicken boulllion is beef boullion--I add it to the minestrone soup to give a bit more oomph. Actually, I add a cube to all my soups, and I have a soup once a day. Before medifast I never thought that celery would be my new favorite, but it is sure fun to crunch...as well as pickles.
Best of luck. Remember Prior Planning Prevents Poor Perfomance! Your hard work will pay off.
Take care,

Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby doglover » May 10th, 2005, 8:10 am

The only thing I can add is that you want FAT FREE dressing, not low carb. Read the labels, there is a big difference in calories and fat. Hope that helps! Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Tk » May 10th, 2005, 11:12 am

I also bought "Better Than Bullion" Turkey. I love turkey and the flavor in this paste is fabulous!!

By the Way, How many snacks a day are we allowed? Really not sure about this one. I've been having 1 pickle b4 lunch, celery after lunch and 2 jello cups after lean and green. Is this too much snacks?
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Bonnie » May 10th, 2005, 11:38 am

Hi April, I too like the sugar free jello especially the cranberry. While looking for jello I ran across Alpine Spiced Cider (Sugar-Fee) hot drink.

It is wonderful, only 15 calories, there is 4g carbohydrates so I don't have it often. It is great for a cold morning.

I also put it in the water that I use to make my Apple Cinn Oatmeal. It then tastes like Apple Pie.

Just don't have more than one a week.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 11th, 2005, 6:44 am

I have 1 jello, sometimes 2. Thats the only snack I have. I'm afraid that if I get started eating a lot of them, I will go overboard. ;)
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » May 11th, 2005, 7:21 am

I concur with checking the label on the salad dressing...Fat free is not always weight loss-friendly. The waistlines of Americans have increased and the scales groan more than ever since the Fat Free Craze hit the grocery shelves and restaurant menus. Typically the fat is replaced with corn syrup to thicken the products.

Read the labels.

Calories do count.

Your shopping list looks great - the only missing items I see are cases of water and toiletto paper....
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

rolls

Postby MsApril » May 11th, 2005, 12:17 pm

Nancy-- you made me laugh. My husband just yesterday insisted on getting the new EXTRA JUMBO LARGE roll of toilet paper that is so BiG it comes with a special extender for your toilet roll dispenser.

I have 2 cases each of plain water, water with splenda flavored citrus water, and peach /splenda carbonated water. Even before i started this program i was already drinking about 100 ounces of water a day.

I started Day 3 today and as of this morning I have already lost 3 1/2 pounds. I am glad I started by ordering each of the sample packs. I have found some i love others that i don't care for..
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 11th, 2005, 12:29 pm

I love the non-carbonated flavor waters. I can just drink those all day (too bad they are so expensive!)... :x
armeewyf

Postby Nancy » May 11th, 2005, 3:43 pm

MsApril and all ~

You have been shopping up a storm - just think of all the calories you are burning hauling in all the water and running down the hall to the sandbox.

:runner: :runner: :runner: :runner: :runner: :runner: :runner: :runner:

If we were smart, we would have purchased stock in Kimberly-Clark...wee wee wee all the way home!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fatBgone » May 11th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Hi armeewyf,
I also like the non-carbonated waters - and you're right they are expensive. I like the Nestle brand the most and they are $2.49 for a six pack. However, I have started pouring 1/2 of the flavored water into an empty bottle & then fill both of them up with fresh cold water from my fridge and that way I end up getting a 12 pack for $2.49. I think they still have enough flavor that way too...and actually I like them better like that now, because the full strength ones are too sweet - now that I'm used to the diluted ones. Try it & see what you think!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 11th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Lisa...thats an EXCELLENT idea! I saw earlier that someone posted a question about Crystal Lite--I like those too, adding in the "to go" packets that have just come out but I usually don't use the whole thing if its a 16 or 20 oz bottle-just a little. Seems like adding that in defeats the purpose of drinking WATER. I am going to get some flavored water tomorrow as I was already planning a grocery store trip and try adding as you suggested. Thanks! Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby Nancy » May 11th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Great idea!

We've tried the flaves just a few times because they are so pricey. Your super idea will stretch those dollars and satisfy our taste buds.

I got some Crystal Geyser Natural Lime water - it is fizzy. I was attending a conference and thought the carbonated lime water might be refreshing and help to keep me alert. It sure alerted me to the fact that it is necessary to s-l-o-w-l-y open the lid. My lime water frizzled and spit all over my lap and leg as I attempted to discreetly remove the lid for a sip...

I think that in the beginning stages of thinnin' there is a greater need for experimenting with flavors and legal snack items. As time goes by, it doesn't seem to be as needful.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.