A funny thing happened at the grocery store

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A funny thing happened at the grocery store

Postby Seemelose » June 9th, 2006, 11:06 am

Hi,
Well Im nearing the end of week one and yesterday I had to go to the store for veggies. All this week I have been on cloud nine. It's like Medi-Fast was the new love of my life. But then at the grocery store I looked around at all my old friends and had a very sad feeling. Not that I was wanting to eat any of it. Just kind of a morning feeling. I don't know. It may sound weird. But it was like I realized yes I have found a new way to eat that I love but it means leaving behind an old love. Hummmm I had a really down feeling all afternoon.
Happy to say this morning I feel fine. Just thinking maybe I will try to stay away from the grocery store for awhile.
Sharon
Seemelose
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Aerie » June 9th, 2006, 12:19 pm

I think your experience is probably common around here. I had a very similar experience last weekend. I went to the grocery store. When I had finished my shopping and looked in my cart all I had was diet sodas and spices, boullion, and pickles. No actual food! I was a bit sad all afternoon. What redeemed it for me though was getting on the scale the next morning and seeing another half pound gone. We will all be reunited with our lost lover (food) at some point in the future but it will be on our terms not his.

You're not alone. Hang in there!!!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 9th, 2006, 12:31 pm

I have experienced these same feelings. In fact there was one time when I first started that I actually went in my room and cried because my family was having pizza and I couldn't :oops: Yeah that is humiliating to admit. You are learning each and everyday.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » June 9th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Last night I made spaghetti w/ meatballs for my DH and I couldn't have any noodles. He was saying.."Oh you shouldn't do that if you can't have any". But strangely I really didn't miss the noodles that much. I had 5 1-oz lean beef meatballs and with about 1/4 cup of red pasta sauce and a cup of salad. It tasted great and suited my need for italian food. We can do this guys.... Just be creative and make something you can look forward to for dinner. It's not forever.

Postby Arklahoma » June 10th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Lisa ~ As humiliating as it is, I've done it, too. I was on MF many, many years ago when the options were shakes only. It was a huge struggle that never passed and I stopped after two months b/c it was just too hard. Not only did I cry over pizza and pasta, but I eventually began getting emotional over canned soup whenever my husband would heat it up. I'd have to go upstairs and "talk" myself through it.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » June 10th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Brie.....mmmmmm That's what did it to me yesterday for a split second until my new brain piped up and said :dooh: "Helloooo....brie or thin??? What's it gonna be?" No contest! :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Jan » June 10th, 2006, 10:08 pm

The Grocery Store.
Hmmmm I often wander thru and view the forbidden. But, then I look at the little box that spells out the truth. Oh my goodness I don't want to put that in me!!! Don't worry it does get easier and once you get to maintenance and are able to taste an item or two you may just be surprised that don't taste nearly as great as you remembered. Maybe they never were that good or maybe our tastes change. I know certain things certainly taste pretty greasy to me!!! Not a flavor I like anymore!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby celticmelody » June 15th, 2006, 12:44 pm

I was in the store buying flavored water and had a "twinge" for some of MY old friends. It takes awhile to lose it I guess. I'm trying to make new ones--with my paintbrush!!!! I decided I needed a new hobby and signed up for Donna Dewberry's One-stroke painting.
216/203/135
celticmelody

Postby wildtrk » June 15th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Yep...know what you mean. I had been doing ALL of the grocery shopping in our family for the last 18 months. The first time I went to the store after starting MF was extremely difficult. I came home and told my DW that she had to take over that duty and I would deal with the laundry. The cravings I had were just way too great. Could I go now? I am not sure....probably I would be okay. But I will suffer through the laundry to be on the safe side.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 15th, 2006, 6:55 pm

I found myself doing that today as well when shopping for the rest of the family. But I had my DD with me saying.. Mommy..is this healthy for me?
So I know what I am doing will affect my family as well and make us all healthier!! :D
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss