A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum . . .

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum . . .

Postby Dayna » March 26th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Well, it wasn't so funny at the time. Yesterday, I was driving up to Portland (about 4 1/2 hours) for an event. I had my case of water with me, my Medi-meals all planned out, I was ready! I stopped to pee, hopped back on the road, drank some more water. I passed an exit with services and thought, "Hmm, I think I'll be needing the next one of those with a bathroom." Except there was no next one. Because about 10 miles from the exit, traffic suddenly came to a halt. Stop and go. Well, really, stop and sit there for a long time then inch a few feet forward and stop again. And suddenly, I realized that I REALLY had to go. Traffic kept inching forward, it was probably 30 or 45 minutes (although it felt like an eternity). I looked for anywhere at all that might offer enough privacy. I began eyeballing the little food container my husband left in the car. I started wondering where I would be able to buy a new pair of pants, should my old ones get, ahem, a little damp. Then, I noticed large amounts of steam coming from under my hood. I looked at the temperature gague - yep, overheated! I pulled over, got out of the car, and started crying. I wasn't crying so much over the car per se, as I was over the fact that my only source of transportation to a potty was now out of operation. The terrain was flat and open. I saw motorhomes inching by, and wondered if the nice people in them would let me use their bathroom. I couldn't even begin to think about solving the car situation, because all I cared about was figuring out a way to pee!! I was pulled over on the left side, in the grassy median. On the right side of the freeway, a way back from the road, there was a wire fence, some berry bushes (the very thorny kind), and one little tree. So, I hot-footed it over there, hopped the fence (it was thankfully quite low in that spot), backed myself into a sort of alcove in the bushes which happened to be right behind the little tree, draped my coat over my front, and peed, right there, in front of God and everyone. Although it was an attempt at privacy, it still was pretty much in plain view of anyone looking down from the freeway. Be that as it may, I don't believe I've ever felt so relieved in my entire life.

I found I was thankful for a few things while that was going on. First, I was very thankful that the weight I've lost has made it MUCH easier to keep my balance in a crouched position. Second, I was very thankful that I had 37 lbs fewer to try to cover up. Finally, I was very thankful that the sense of relief overwhelmed any sense of mortification I might have felt in less, um, urgent circumstances.

I removed myself from the thorns, waited a little longer until the engine cooled down all the way, used some of my water (I'd brought plenty!) to fill the radiator, crossed over to the south-bound side of the freeway, and went home (60 mph, heater on, kept checking fluids). I will admit, a Whopper and fries suddenly sounded very, very good. I almost talked myself into believing I deserved them. But then I thought of some of the warnings I've seen on the forum, from people who've splurged on super fatty foods, and figured that if I gave in, needing to pee might not be the worst of my issues! So I drank a very tasty RTD, and enjoyed the last bit of my 6 1/2 hour, 300 mile pleasure drive. :mrgreen: Turns out it was a semi crash that had blocked all northbound lanes, and the delay was over two hours. So, even if I hadn't overheated, I wouldn't have made it to my event on time. Ah well, such is life.

The moral of the story: When travelling, if you even think you need to pee, do not pass up any available toilets! The toilet you just passed up may in fact be the last one you see for a very long time!
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Loribug » March 27th, 2006, 3:29 am

Well I guess there is ONE advantage to being a man......sigh
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 27th, 2006, 7:37 am

That is so funny but not in a way! I am always stopping every5 miles to pee it seems anymore! Just think of it this way anyone who may have seen you will probably never see you again and if they do you will be so much thinner they would not even recognize you!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Pashta » March 27th, 2006, 7:51 am

LOL! :lol: Hey, when you gotta go, you GOTTA GO!! :leopard:

Congrats on not giving in to those :twisted: temptations! You have worked so hard at getting where you are, don't give up. One little slip could ruin your whole week. WTG girl! :clapclap: :clap: :thumbsup:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hehe

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 27th, 2006, 10:20 am

Dayna, that is SO something I would do. LOL

Poor girly! I know last fall when I was excercising a lot(bowflex) and walking about 3 miles a day. I was drinking tons of water and carrying a water bottle...the only prob with that was I could only make it about 1-1/2 miles before I HAD to go. BAD...so bad that I could no longer walk "normally". I had the cell phone with me so I tried to call home to get hubby to come pick me up...we're in the sticks..and the few houses there are, are mostly vacant(mineing)..well being in the sticks meant no cell phone service...so first vacant house with a vacant shed...I was coppin a squat..lol I thought about having my own potty put in cause it was the first of many trips..

I guess nooone can say that we haven't made our mark on the world! :| :roflmao:

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 27th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Too Funny! I had to pee as I was reading this and was sympatizing with you :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » March 27th, 2006, 4:11 pm

I always joke that I now know where every bathroom is in every store in town. Thankfully, I'm not usually so far from civilization, because I've had to stop at drugstores and fast-food places and gas stations just to relieve myself.

Thanks for the chuckle, though (even though I'm sure it wasn't too funny to YOU at the time!!).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Dayna » March 27th, 2006, 7:27 pm

DogMa wrote:(even though I'm sure it wasn't too funny to YOU at the time!!).

Ya know, it wasn't particularly funny when I was in the eyeballing-the-lunch-container stage, but as I was actually going in full-ish view of everyone, I was able to appreciate the absurdity of the situation, and managed to get a bit of a chuckle out of it, myself. I just tried to make-believe I was in the middle of a Monty Python sketch. ;)
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Lizabette » March 27th, 2006, 7:28 pm

DAYNA,

Now telling us that story is what I call taking "accountablility" to the extreme! :x
We can 'udderly' empathize with you! :roll:

You are quite the :cool: one in a ditch!
Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Diana » March 27th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Dayna!!!

I died all over again reading this!!! Good on ya for posting it, hermanita!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Here's to that case of water in the trunk, as well!!
Di
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby 2getskinny » March 27th, 2006, 11:25 pm

LOL!!!!!! I couldn't help but Laugh! I feel your pain and am so glad you were able to go potty! LOL!

I will keep your story in my mind when we go on vacation. :mrgreen:
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Allison Onederland » March 28th, 2006, 8:11 am

Dayna, thanks for my big :roflmao: of the day!! I know it didn't seem funny at the time but your re-telling of the story was hilarious! Like MusicalMomma I was sitting here doing the "I gotta go" leg shaking bit but couldn't tear myself away from the computer till I finished your post. Then I laughed as I was running for the bathroom and thanked God I wasn't having to look for a tree and bushes!

And kudos to you for passing up that whopper and fries!! :trophy: You deserve something special for making it through that stressful ordeal and not giving in! Way to go!! :clapclap:
Last edited by Allison Onederland on March 28th, 2006, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allison Onederland

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 28th, 2006, 8:21 am

OMG!! That's the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time. You poor thing!! I would've done the same thing. After having 3 kids...when I gotta go...I gotta go. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. This medifast is definitely testing my ability to make it to a bathroom in time.

You're going to be laughing about this for years.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Dayna,

Postby dede4wd » March 28th, 2006, 11:34 am

Dayna,

Believe me, I can relate! I travel 260 days per year and have to "find" a potty much more often than I'd like! Your story may not seem funny now, but it did brighten my day! Good job for not going for the Whopper!!!! You did good!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room