I need to get back on track

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2005, 11:39 am

Not so much in DC but in Texas I dated guys that called me "dude." i.e "Dude, wanna go get some subs?" I did NOT like it. Maybe because I am an old married lady now no one calls me that. Also, my hubby is almost 60 and English so he has probably never said DUDE in his whole life!
Last edited by bikipatra on April 20th, 2005, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 20th, 2005, 11:44 am

For my 9 yr. old son "Dude" is in just about every sentence that comes out of his mouth! And he talks a LOT! I thought it was jsut a lacrosse thing ;)
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Dean0408 wrote:

The neat thing about the Medifast plan is that it is a proven product. If used correctly, it flat out WORKS!! If only we could be placed in an induced coma......and have Medifast fed to us intraveinously.......we would awake and be at our ideal weight. Well, that is not going to happen, so...........we become part of the equation. Medifast plus our committment equals our goal weight. We have to take part in the transition. Medifast provides the tools..........but YOU are the workman who takes these tools and creates a NEW YOU!

Dean

Hey DUDES..... 8) ...it's the WAHM here.... ;) ......... lol

Induced Coma..... :hmmm: ...wishful thinking....but wouldn't it be cool.. ;) ......nah...not really.....without walking the walk we wouldn't learn the lesson or appreciate the goal ...bummer.... :roll: ...
..Dean....awesome post.... :yes: ..
Medifast plus our commitment equals our goal weight...........that's a quote that has to go on the fridge....... :yay:

Heathhes..welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 20th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Hey there WAHM!

There was once an opera singer way back in the 50's named Mario Lanza. He had a great voice and since it was the time of movie musicals, one of the studios signed him to a contract to star in their musicals.

While Mario was a fantastic singer, he loved to eat. Between movies he would sometimes pack on an extra 50, 75 or even 100 pounds!! If he did not come to the new shoot at the weight agreed upon in the contract, he would have to pay huge fines to the studio.

Believe it or not, the induced coma thing was indeed used on him on multiple occassions. He would have a private room in a private hospital in Europe, they would give him drugs to put him in a coma and feed him via a drip bottle. He lost weight very quickly, in order to begin shooting the movie.......... but obviously in a very wrong way.

The more he did this, the weaker he got...........his health began to fail and he died at a relatively early age.

So you see, the induced coma thing was not made up at all..........people actually tried it.

Strange business that show business.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.