Back on Track!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back on Track!

Postby lazyacresfarm » April 15th, 2004, 3:38 pm

:lol: I tried to start on the 9th, but that was a goofy idea with Easter weekend coming. I re-started yesterday, the 14th. I have almost made it two days. I feel like I am going to fall over I am so weak today. I am hoping this gets better. Tonight I have a monthly Bible Study group to go to. They eat there, so I am going late after the eating is over. I just don't have the willpower to sit there and not eat. Hope this helps keep me on track. I don't know if I am going to be able to work if I am this weak tomorrow. I ride an ambulance, so strength if required. Any ideas? Thanks, Denise
Start Date: 4/14/04

241/241/155

1st Goal: 40 lbs. by 40th Birthday in July!
lazyacresfarm

Postby Landylue » April 15th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Hello! I hope you feel better after your Bible study tonight. I'm going to let one the more experienced people out here on the forum address why you would feel weak. But, why don't you call the 800 number and speak to one of the health advisors? I just would like to encourage you to HOLD ON! The first few days are the roughest, but it is so worth it to give yourself time to adjust.

You won't be sorry. I promise.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » April 15th, 2004, 7:17 pm

Hi Lazyacresfarm in Sunny Georgia!! I love the south!! thinking about moving there myself...get myself out of yankeeville Massachusettes!! :)
anyhoo..I too ride an ambulance...am a FF/EMT and my secret for you goes like this: I bought a small little cooler to take with me for engine/ambulance runs..I keep it stocked with shakes and sometimes just a peice of chicken or turkey breast...for those days that are run after run and you just cant catch a break!! I noticed in my early days of medifasting that I had NO ENERGY at work...and even this week...(after returning to it, having slipped up a few days) that my body is going thru some type of sugar withdrawal or something..and I have absolutley nooooo engery at work...so I have to really make sure I have my shakes every 2-3 hours..and on busy days..sometimes I have a 6th or 7th shake if I need it!! I only work 2 24 hour shifts a week...so the other days I am off I try and get back on track with just 5 supplements!! but you have to be able to lift patient and for me..having supplements handy in a small cooler to grab and go helps!!

your energy will soar in a few weeks...just stay true to the program..cuz when you slip up and eat sugar/carbs/junk food...its so hard to get back on track...right now I feel as if I am just beginning and could sleep all day long!! but I know this will pass..and thank god I dont go back to work till Sunday!! :)

happy shakin....make sure you space out your shakes....dont let yourself get too hungry!!

welcome to the forum!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 15th, 2004, 9:53 pm

Sometimes those first few days can be rough, especially if you are very physically active. Yes, it is important to eat very regularly - have your shakes every three hours, have some bouillon - the salt will help you feel better and not so shaky. Medifast ends to dehydrate us initially and with all the water you drink, it can flush out the electrolytes so by all means, have bouillon.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room