Need Advice Fast!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Need Advice Fast!

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2004, 4:53 pm

I have a problem. Everytime I try M.F. the first three days are easy for me and I have no problem. I also always have great results. Today is day three for me and I already feel better and have lost 6.5 lbs. ( I have a very accurate scale) Anyway once day three rolls around that is when I start to crave food. It always happends the exact same way, everytime. I'm now really craving regular food and I already know from experience that I can't have the lean/green meal because then I'll just want more. How do I control these "end of day three cravings" every time I attempt to stay on plan. I don't want to get discouraged again and stop the program again. I'm sick of cheating and then going off plan every single time I attempt this program. I have already ordered more supplements and I am already to lose this weight. If I do end up cheating is it worth forgiving myself and continuing the program or what? Failing at this program over and over again is really affecting my self esteem and confidence. I want to be able to say that I've lost a whole bunch of weight like alot of you on this forum are able to say and be proud of myself. Please help. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I guess since eating is such a natural thing for humans to do, it's hard to just live off of drinking shakes after a while. How have those of you that have lost a substantial amount of weight done it? I really need to know how you don't give in to cravings so that I can apply it . Jeanette any suggestions? Anyone? Thank you .........Kelyn

Postby star85 » May 28th, 2004, 4:54 pm

Sorry... The above post is from me..........Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Amanda » May 28th, 2004, 5:21 pm

are you eating the bars and soups/chili too or are you strictly on shakes?

I wa sreally hungry the 1st 3 days and when i was sooo tempted for food I made myself drink another shake that way it would kill any of the hunger i had and i knew i wouldn't eat. you can have up to 7 supplement and even if you have 7 the first 3 days you'll still lose weight, and you won't be eating unhelthy food. Also what helped me is drinking boullion (tasted like chicken ) eating pickles, celery, anything to get me through my cravings and if you give it time the celery, pickles , extra shake all of that helps until your cravings go away.
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » May 28th, 2004, 7:46 pm

Amanda's right, make sure you use all the supplements you can have if you are feeling hungry before you reach for something else. You are at an advantage this time because you know what usually happens and you can be prepared for it. If you can use your supplements, shakes and distraction then you can make it past this and acheive success!

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

You can do it!

Postby Leigh » May 28th, 2004, 8:27 pm

Kelyn,

You said:::::
If I do end up cheating is it worth forgiving myself and continuing the program or what?

Hon, don't even let there be an "if," and don't even reason with yourself about that.

There are going to be cravings, and yes, you are right, it's hard sometimes. I would go with what Amanda said. Stock up on some boullion, stock up on some tasty diet soda (I love Diet Rite Tangerine...MMMMM), and drinking a LOT of water can help some of the hunger pangs you might encounter. I was drinking so much water the first two weeks I'm surprised I didn't float away. :D Even though I was never much of a water drinker, I would challenge myself and gulp it down if I had to. :toast:

Have you ever tried making your shakes with ice? Mixing them in the blender with 6-8 oz water, and 6-8 oz ice REALLY helped me. I used the shaker jar at work, and when I came home, I really looked forward to that blended shake. I also experimented with flavors and different ideas on the recipes page here in the forum. (there are some AWESOME ideas there....I like the vanilla w/raspberry crystal light)
You've already lost 6 pounds! Don't let a craving or an idea that you can't do this enter your mind. You CAN do this! :D You're sick of cheating hon, so do this for yourself...don't cheat yourself.

I don't know about everyone else, but my journal made a big difference for me. When I felt bad, or empty inside without the food, I wrote about that in my journal. I started seeing patterns, and things that have really helped me to understand why I wanted to pig out. Everyone is different, but maybe something like that would help.

Either way g/f..I'm cheering you on. Don't give up now, and don't let the "What ifs" get you.

Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby star85 » May 29th, 2004, 5:02 am

Amanda, Echo & Leigh,
Thanks so much for coming to the rescue! I appreciate all your support and advice. This is why I love being apart of this forum. Everyone really sticks together and cares about each other succeeding with their weight loss goals. Leigh, you are right......I would only be cheating myself. I have Bar-B-Q's to go to all weekend with my family, but I'm ready with my RTD'S, H2O, & diet soda! I also read a post that Nancy wrote to someone which mentioned something like, you already know what donuts taste like and they will still be around after you reach your goal. Something along those lines or when Nancy makes certain foods sound gross so she won't cheat with them. After reading some of her posts I realized that Nancy has really trained her self to have the mental capability to work this program not only to lose the weight, but also to keep it off. I need to train my brain to look at certain trigger foods the same way because as we all know THE MIND IS A POWERFUL THING! Especially I know with me. I am a very analytical type of thinker. If I can train my brain to think and see food in a different sense, I know for me personally that will work. Nancy, if you do happen to read this because I know you 're a very busy woman, I just want you to know that your posts and newsletters are excellent and very inspiring. You can really tell that you did not just lose the weight, but you also made the program work for you and changed your mental way of looking at food, which I know is the key to keeping it off. Thanks again everyone and I'm so glad to be back!

Kelyn

P.S. I still can't wait to see a picture of Mike
in his Tux!
star85

Postby explorthis » May 29th, 2004, 10:03 am

I want to be able to say that I've lost a whole bunch of weight like alot of you
eating is such a natural thing for humans to do, it's hard to just live off of drinking shakes after a while.

I need to train my brain to look at certain trigger foods the same way because as we all know THE MIND IS A POWERFUL THING!

I am a very analytical type of thinker. If I can train my brain to think and see food in a different sense,

Kelyn,

The only way you can actually say you have lost a whole bunch of weight is to actually do it. Yes, eating is natural, and is something you are going to have to do the rest of your breathing days. You have to decide if you want to nibble and pick the rest of your life, or crap and get off the pot. Yes, it is HARD to live on shakes. It is a P.I.T.A. to see everyone else eating what they want, and poor Kelyn have to sip on her shakes. Let’s be realistic here. Answer honestly, do you want to continue being overweight, and eating, and shaking, this visious cycle, getting nowhere? I know the answer is NO. Our brain does trigger a hunger for foods, or whatever it is thinking at the time, especially when others are around you, and you are hungry. There is no magic potion, pill, or shake that will allow you become thin overnight. It is a mind game. You did not become overweight overnight did you? It is not going to come off overnight either. It’s a boring, drawn out process that will only happen if you stop making excuses and commit. But this time is short. When did you join us? December 2003? I can beat you over the head till your blue, but it’s not going to help. We can provide support, but you have to want to make this happen. Not just Kelyn, but ALL OF YOU.

You say you’re an analytical thinker? So, analyze weather you want to keep hooing and hawing, day after day or get the weight off once and for all.

I did it. I am NO different than you. I had no magic pill. I had to just for the first time in my life take control. I have/had the EXACT same cravings and hunger pains that you do. Honest injun. You might think Mike did it so easily; even Nancy has said I did it with ease. Well it was not easy, but I can tell you this, it’s been about 5-3/4 months since I lost the weight, and not ONE HOUR of every waking minute of every day goes by, where I am not thinking about being thin. How many times can I tell you it’s euphoric? The feeling of being thin outweighs by 1000% the fact we are fat. Nothing feels better, I promise.

Make the commitment to stop kidding yourself, and making excuses. Finish this once and for all.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyChamp » May 29th, 2004, 10:48 am

You can get through this and do it. I know you can!

LadyChamp
1st Goal 299

LadyChamp
388/313.5/138-125
24.5 pounds lost in 28 days
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby star85 » May 29th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Thank you Mike.....Keep the posts coming.....Missed you!!

Kelyn :D
star85

Postby Jeanette » May 30th, 2004, 9:34 am

Kelyn:

I can't add anything to what has been said above, except:

--Make sure you take ALL your supplements each day
--make sure you space them out no farther than 3 hrs apart
--make sure you drink as much water/non-caloric drinks as possible

All these things will help you with your success.

And to reitierate one thing Mike said: "Finish this once and for all!"
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby star85 » May 30th, 2004, 1:35 pm

Thanks Lady Champ! Thanks Jeanette!

Kelyn
star85

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2004, 3:49 pm

Kelyn-

I have been in your shoes so many times!!! I will be starting this week and be right there with you. I'm going to be writing YOU on day three for advice and encouragement. I am in a great place right now in my life to do this and I want to FINISH THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL. Let's finish it together, shall we? :hi5:

Postby MomJackieLee » May 31st, 2004, 3:52 pm

Oops, forgot to sign in. :scratchhead: That was me above...
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby star85 » June 2nd, 2004, 12:10 pm

JackieLee,
That sounds great to me! I would love to get this done once and for all together. Especially with someone that has been in my shoes! I spoke to my nutritionist the other day and we talked about me always getting very hungry and cheating after day 3. She helped me realize that I needed more healthy calories because I am a jogger. I LOVE to jog every day around the lake near where I live. It makes me feel so good. I did not want to give jogging up while starting the M.F. so I decreased my jogging from 4 miles to 2 miles a day and am going to do the modified plan and see how that works. Jogging every morning 4 miles a day and then trying to live off of 6 shakes (540 calories a day) was not cutting it. That doesn't include all the other calories I was burning running around with my kids all day , work, etc. That is the reason I would get so hungry and end up binging! Hang in there and keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

Kelyn
star85

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2004, 10:56 pm

Kelyn ~

Of COURSE I read the posts. I am a bit behind as I was out of town for the past five days. I love to hear how every one is doing or, uh...NOT DOING, if that's the case.

Dieting is NOT easy. Never said it was. It IS easier with Medifast because the results are so fast and the program works - ONCE ya get past those first few days! I told people that I was ready to lick my desk - I was downright HONGRY for two weeks. I kept the neighbors awake with my stomach growls.

Arm yourself with extra shakes those first five to seven days. Drink seven shakes. Make a rule for yourself: "NOTHING but Medifast passes my lips." Then adhere to your rule. No Matter what! Go to bed early if you must in order to avoid the kitchen and the call of the cupboard...

Those of us that have made it to our goals have done it the same way: one shake at a time. If you cave to the crave, you won't be a loser!

We can't come over there and follow you around. You are a big girl and we want you to be successful and become a thinner and healthier girl. You can do it. We know you can. Now it is up to you to choose to do it.

Don'tcha just love Mike's admonition to poop or get off the pot? Such a picture! Mike, you have such a way with words...

Yeah, I did it for 7 months. Every day, I'd ask myself, "What do ya want more? Flab or Fab?" I went for the Fab! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.