MyFriendTT (AKA Theresa)

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby MyFriendTT » June 25th, 2006, 10:20 am

Well, it has been three weeks since I started MF and I'm down to 162 today. I started at 168. I put 170 in my weight tracker because I feel like I started the day I ordered MF because I immediately went on solely L&G for 5 days to get ready for it, while waiting for my package to arrive (and lost 2 pounds while doing it). No 'last hurrahs' for me so no extra water weight to get rid of in the first week.

I'm so happy to be 162! I haven't been 162 in about 7 years! Six pounds is something to be so grateful for. Of course, I wish it were more and that I was losing as fast as some people, but since I don't have as much to lose, this is probably the way it will be and I'm accepting of that now. And, I've lost about 5 inches all around. I notice that my body looks more "normal" and less "bulky".

I would really like to be 110 by my 39th birthday, November 27th. That's 25 weeks from my starting date of 6/3/06. I would have to lose 2.32 lbs per week consistently to be at that weight by 11/27. I think 2.32 per week might be doable for me. I may hit a plateau, but we'll see. As long as I have some energy and I'm not starving all the time, it will be a breeze to stick to this plan.

Also, I had some more energy yesterday, so I think my body is FINALLY getting used to this!!! I'm so happy about that!

Today, I am grateful for my six pound weight loss. I'm grateful for 5 inches lost. I'm grateful that all my 14's are feeling big. I'm grateful for all the support I've gotten from this forum. I'm grateful for the recent time off the last two weeks to get used to MF. I'm grateful for all the wonderful things in my life. I'm grateful for my fabulous apartment. I'm grateful for the beautiful parks and neighborhoods I've been walking in.

I'm happy that I'm getting my energy back. I'm happy that I'm getting good sleep. I'm happy that I have people to support me. I'm happy that all my affirmations about health and weight loss are working.

I feel secure that I can stick to this plan for the long haul. I feel secure that I can do well in my next acting class. I feel secure that I will be at my ideal weight or close to it by my birthday for the first time in years.

I'm proud of myself for letting go of so much emotional trash that I could do a plan like this. I'm proud of myself for sticking it out even though its been tough. I'm proud of myself for walking, getting my vitamins, water, sleep and MF every day. I'm proud of myself for not cheating even once over 3 weeks (and actually the last time I had a not-so-good meal was 5/27 and that was a month ago!). I'm proud of myself for staying so 'above the line' with my emotions and food.

TT
Started 6/3/06
168/156/118

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
MyFriendTT
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » June 25th, 2006, 4:32 pm

OH, THERESA, You did it!

You posted your gorgeous avatar. And I just now checked STUDIO and there was your "before picture". I knew you would be beautiful.
You, in fact, are a 'living doll'.

I am impressed by your positiveness. And I have no doubt but that you will follow through on your comittment to MF for your weight loss program.

And, TT, how can you fail, with all the support and respect from this great crowd of MFers who really do care how you do.

You're almost to the 10# Club. I remember how excited I was when I reached that first goal in my weight loss journey.
And now I am almost at the door of the 50#Club. You may hear me yell all the way to Timbuctoo!

Yea, you are getting your energy back, and your classes and auditions will get better and better. I couldn't be more excited for you!

I know in my heart you are gonna make it!

:heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » June 25th, 2006, 7:16 pm

TT, you have a wonderful attitude. I know it's hard to lose so much more slowly than others (believe me, I know), but you WILL get there. Try to see it as just having that much more time to learn the lessons of Medifast (dealing with emotions without eating your way through them, eating small, frequent meals, etc.) before you have to tackle maintenance.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jump4joy » June 26th, 2006, 1:02 pm

Hey, TT! I'm glad to see you're doing better and losing so well! I've been spending less time on the computer lately, so I didn't see your question:

Joy, did you have to take something for acid reflux BECAUSE you took the pepcid? Or was it something else that caused it?

That's a good question....I wondered that too, but my doc said that I was already developing acid reflux, since I've had regular heartburn for years. It really did make me feel hunger pangs more while medifasting, but I don't have the pangs at all as long as I take my daily Prilosec. I'm hoping that I'll get to go OFF the stuff, like Jo did, when I lose some more weight. I look forward to the day that I weigh what you do right now....and then beyond. I'm 5' 2" also, but I have a High Lean Body Mass. The last time I weighed 123 (about 6 years ago, I was a loose Size 4). It's interesting to me all the variations of individual ideal weights we can have....even at the same height.

Love your avatar! You are a striking beauty and I love your hair. With your attitude and drive, I know you'll be successful in your career and anything you set your mind to!

I enjoy reading your posts so much......your positive attitude and insights are contagious and rub off on me. I'm so GLAD you found this forum. :D

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MyFriendTT » June 28th, 2006, 11:56 pm

Well, I'm still apparently struggling with not really being in ketosis. I have the bad breath, but I'm still hungry and don't have much energy unless I drink some coffee.

I called the nurse yesterday and we went over what I've been having. I have not been off plan even once. It seems to be a mystery as to why I'm not losing quickly and getting the ketosis benefits. So, she suggested I just do shakes and a L&G for a few days and see what happens. That's not much of a stretch since I've been doing 3 shakes, 1 soup, 1 oatmeal and L&G for the past 2 weeks.

The pepcid has been giving me headaches so I had to stop taking it. At least, I THINK it was the pepcid because the headaches seemed to come on the same time I started taking it.

I'm going to keep on plugging as usual and just see what happens.

And I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years on Monday. It was not even a big deal. I'm just not willing to be in a relationship anymore where I don't get enough of my needs met! I want to be by myself for a while as I transition to my new weight and life.

My new acting class is taking a lot of my time, so I don't think I'll be posting nearly as often. Maybe only once a week. I just don't have the time to be on the computer that much.

TT
Started 6/3/06
168/156/118

[/url]
MyFriendTT

Postby MyFriendTT » July 2nd, 2006, 9:33 am

Well, I'm at 158 now which is amazing. And I've dropped 4 pounds this week, so maybe I'm FINALLY in ketosis now that I'm only doing shakes, and doing some of the diabetic ones to boot. I'm really happy about the 4 pounds! :D

And I've been so busy with acting class that I haven't had time to post as much, so I'll probably only be posting once or twice a week now when I get time and I'm ok with that.

All my clothes are big and I'm going to have to go 'thrifting' to buy some cheap 12's!! Sizes have definitely gone up in the last ten years because some shorts and pants I have that are 10 years old and a size 14 fit comfortably or are a little loose, whereas my most recent purchase of 14's are swimming on me, as though they are 16's. I'm not complaining though. I'm happy to be in smaller sizes.

Well, let's hope the weight loss continues at this more rapid pace.

TT
Started 6/3/06
168/156/118

[/url]
MyFriendTT

Postby DogMa » July 10th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Hey, congrats on the loss! Are you feeling any better?

And I'm glad you said that about the sizes. I keep saying that, and no one believes me. But I KNOW I'm bigger now than the last time I was a size 8. Which is why I think my goal size may need to be a little smaller than I planned.

I hope you're feeling more energetic (although maybe it's the taxing acting class and the breakup that are making you tired; I know you said it was no big deal, but I'm sure there's SOME emotional toll).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to My Journal