Moving on UP the mood ladder

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Moving on UP the mood ladder

Postby Mother of 5 » April 1st, 2004, 12:51 pm

After Susan's post about how depressed we sound, I thought about it and thought "She's right". I WAS a lurker for a long time before joining the group and was always impressed by the support offered and the positive attitudes. So I decided I should add my story today. Here goes.....

I officially started the program on 1/9/04 and stayed completely and totally faithful for 44 days..... "stepped" off the wagon for a weekend and then back on the wagon on Monday morning 2/23/04. Stayed the course for the week then not just "stepped" off the wagon but jumped, tucked, rolled and ran from the wagon on 2/27/04 even after losing an INCREDIBLE 30.5 pounds at the time.

I "played" with the program for a couple of weeks, then "missed" (conveniently) my next doctor's appointment which was supposed to be on 3/10/04 and have been off program since then. That is, until yesterday.

Yesterday, 3/31/04, I went back to the Doc with "a plan". I just KNEW that I had gained, I mean it had been 5 weeks of being "off". So my plan was this - if I gained 10 pounds then I was going back to that Points counting program because "at least there I can eat all the junk as long as I count points" Yeah, that'd mean a WHOLE lot of green beans and cabbage but, Hey, whatever works.

Much to my surprise, I gained ONLY 2 pounds in 5 weeks!!!! At first I wanted to scream that the scale HAD to be wrong. I was looking for an excuse to quit because that's the easy way out AND THE FAT WAY OUT!

I think that I had to go through this to show myself that this plan not only works to get the weight off but it's not impossible to keep off and that doesn't mean only eating green beans and cabbage.

To date, Medifast products have been faithful to me.... it's my turn to be faithful to the program. I KNOW IT WORKS! 30.5 pounds in 7 weeks.

Back on track and holding on for good this time!
Leslie - Mom of 5
242/213/165
Officially started 1/9/04 (stayed til 2/21/04)
Restarted 4/1/04
Cholesterol - start 204 - current 147
Mother of 5
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 2nd, 2004, 8:19 am

Way to go Leslie, :cleader:

You are going to make it! My story is pretty much like yours. We can do this I know we can.

Best of luck to you and keep shaking!

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » April 2nd, 2004, 12:50 pm

Good for you Leslie--

I'm so glad you're back and sharing with us ---- every word helps me!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss