Middle Eastern Coffee

Add your favorite recipes.

Middle Eastern Coffee

Postby Lois » August 20th, 2004, 11:24 am

Have you ever had Israeli or Arabic coffee??? It is STRONG and flavored with cardamom....delicious!

You can buy ground cardamom at the grocery store.

Middle Eastern coffee Medifast stlye 8) .....

6 to 8 oz. strong coffee (or use water and good quality instant coffee granules)

1 package MF French Vanilla

1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (more or less to according to taste)

1 package sweetner (you can omit this if you like it less sweet)

If you want it HOT....shake in your shaker jar, pour into a mug, and microwave until hot....stir frequently so it doesn't get lumpy!

If you want it COLD....whirl it in the blender with a few ice cubes.

Sit back, relax, and ENJOY 8)
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 27th, 2004, 8:04 pm

Lois,

This sounds divine! Now I wanna :drive: run out to get some cardamom!

We are going to go to an Arabic church on Sunday - I hope they serve some of this spicy rich coffee!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » August 28th, 2004, 9:01 am

Hi Nancy,

Let me know if they do! They often serve it in tiny ceramic cups.

When I was in Israel and Jordan a few years ago, it was the PERFECT ending to every meal 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 28th, 2004, 10:36 am

This sounds EXCELLENT and i've put cardamom on my grocery list--LOL I am a fan of anything coffee-related and with cold weather coming on, I would love to find away around the MF "3 cold shakes per day" rule--LOL
What if I just heat it SLIGHTLY? Or make it with warm water? Huh? Can i? Can I? LOL :lol:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » August 28th, 2004, 12:14 pm

Susanna,

Sure - you can safely heat your MF shake packets. Do it slowly and don't boil - it cooks the soy protein too much and it gets lumpy and weird.

If I am going to heat one of our shakes (or soup, oatmeal - any of our products for that matter), I stir the MF packet into cool water first untl it is smooth and well-blended, THEN I heat it for one minute, stir and heat some more to the desired temp. but never boil as I do not want a soy ball in the back of my throat and have to hock it up like a cat with a furball! :shock: :oops:

You know we have MF and Fit! Hot Cocoa - both are available with and without marshmallows.

IF you are on the Complete Program, it is BEST to not heat all of your meal replacements as the soy and nutrients is compromised somewhat by heating.

When on the 5 nd 1 Plan, if you were to heat several of the shakes most days, you would MOST LIKELY be all right. Research has shown that the recommendation is to drink three shakes that are cold or at least room temp. to ensure that one's daily intake of the macronutrients are at optimal levels.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » August 28th, 2004, 2:24 pm

I love to heat my shakes and drink them as "cocoa" or vanilla chai...with a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves 8)

I shake the packet with water in my shaker jar cold, then pour it all into a mug and microwave it. I usually stop the microwave halfway through the heating-up time to stir....less lumping that way. Then I finish heating, stir again, and enjoy.

Sometimes I feel more full/satisfied after a hot drink.

BTW, I heat my MF soups the same way, using bullion cubes (and spices!) to rev up the flavor.

hugs,

Lois (a.k.a. The Shakin' Gourmet ;) )
Lois

Postby Nancy » August 28th, 2004, 8:34 pm

Yup, I "Chai" my French Vanilla Shakes and heat 'em, too -- it's the only way I can stand the French Van...I can hardly wait to get that Cardamom, Lois! :bib:

I always spice up my soups - fresh Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, hot sauce, Mrs. Dash, and I often add a packet of Fast soup - love that Robust Tomato added to the Homestyle Chili and also to the Minestrone.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine