Medifast veteran, new here, and starting again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

hi

Postby LAwoman » September 14th, 2007, 5:25 pm

Just want to say hi to a fellow restarter Petunia,

Here's to great success, reaching and maintaing goal this time!!!

Whoohoo!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Petunia ~

Welcome back!

Ditto...it is so much harder the second/third/fourth time around. For some of us, we are not feeling quite as 'desperate' as we were when we started the first time.

I wish I could prepare a Care Package of Desperation and Perspiration and send them out to everyone...I know the heartache of beginning a weight loss program or a diet with super good intentions only to screw up within a day or two. I used to give up and end up fatter than ever. It had a snowball effect and as my weight soared, my self-confidence eroded.

I never seemed to get it and my weight issues mounted. Diet failure kept putting me in a deeper funk, and I ended up harming my joy and appreciation of self.

Please, know you are doing a good thing by stopping by and greeting us! Admitting that we need help is a good thing – it is the first step to making progress. Yeah, it does take a good dose of determination and sheer will-power to get through the beginning stage here. The program is solid and you have personally realized that – we know you can do it again.

(Yworry, I’m with you there – determine what motivates you and embrace it and never let it go! Gulp, Y, my Mom’s concern over my weight seemed to increase my foody rebelliousness, too. I now know she meant well but it pushed me to pick up my fork more often when I was younger...psyche!)

Petunia, you’ve made good progress – 4 days of the Medi-journey under your belt already. Slurp that water!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lizabette » September 19th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Image PET,
Congratulations on the courage to begin again...this time...till you reach goal and beyond!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Petunia » September 22nd, 2007, 4:41 pm

Well, so far so good. I feel pretty good about the way things are going. The water is going down, I'm beginning to exercise a bit, and I feel like I am in the groove. I still remain hungry most of the time, but maybe it's not so much that I am hungry, instead I am not full all of the time. I am working to convice myself that it is okay and normal to get hungry between meals.

This go round I am not as strict about my medifast choices. If I want some thing a little more high carb (oatmeal or a bar), I don't sweat it. I have the soy crisps from time to time; sometimes 3-4 times a week.

I am not weighing in at all (I was a compulsive weigher), but I know from my past experience and can tell things from loose clothes that things are going okay.

Thanks for the support & welcome!! I'm off for a glass of water.
Petunia
Regular Member - #80 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.