Medifast Program and Udo Oil Blend

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Medifast Program and Udo Oil Blend

Postby lchuge5 » May 10th, 2006, 11:23 am

Hello,

I'm on my 2nd day of Medifast (and enjoying the taste of everything so far), and wanted to confirm (or not) something I thought I had read.

As I understand, as the Medifast program does not contain a lot of oils (flax, omega 3 etc), it's been recommended to take an occasional dose of Udo Oil Blend. These additional oils would then assist your gallbladder?

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

thanks,

Lynden
lchuge5

Postby DogMa » May 10th, 2006, 4:25 pm

I don't know anything about it, either, but I take Omega 3 capsules (fish oil, not flax) every day.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MISSANNE » May 10th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Do any of you nurses, or anyone, know the difference in fish oil and flax seed oil? Which should I take?
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » May 11th, 2006, 5:05 am

Fish oil and Flaxseed oil are both high in omega 3 and omega 6, which are essential fatty acids. ESA (essential fatty acids) cannot be produced by the body so you have to get them from your diet. These are also called polyunsaturated fatty acids. If you are just trying to have a well-rounded diet then either one would be fine, but if you're taking them for a specific reason (depression, etc.) then I would take whichever one my MD or RD recommended. Many vegans prefer the flaxseed as opposed to the fish oil.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss