MakeMeThinner Hits the Road - TSFL Summer Conference

Meet Terry and Nancy.

MakeMeThinner Hits the Road - TSFL Summer Conference

Postby Nancy » June 25th, 2006, 10:43 am

Dear MakeMeThinner Forum Family ~

Summer arrived here in the northwest at last! After weeks of drizzle and cloudy weather, the sun popped up and it was 92 degrees yesterday, on its way to 100 today! I am so thankful that I can wear shorts this summer and not have to pout while watching others have fun in the sun. I used to hate summertime because I sat around in a lawn chair in my long pants and long-sleeved blouses mopping my forehead watching others have fun splashing in the river. I am grateful for my health and for being at an optimal weight. I cannot wait to try out my new swimsuit – because I can!

Some of you are PIPs – you are people in process – on your way to your weight goal.

Do not give up. I know how hard it is to remain program-compliant when others are eating onion rings, coleslaw & tater salad, watermelon, steamed corn dripping in butter and ribs slathered in barbecue sauce. Those foods are not going into extinction; they will still be available when you reach your goal weight. Keep focused on your plan, I survived for 28 weeks on my meal plan and the results are worth it!

This is it.

This is your body. This is your health. This is your lifetime.

It is easy to succumb to our old habits. You have begun a new way of eating, a new way of viewing food.

Do not let one bite wipe out your hard work.

We are leaving June 26th for Park City, Utah to participate in the Take Shape For Life Conference. I am so excited! Of course, we have a lot to do to get ready – we are going to Kinko’s to print the handouts for our workshops.

Along with another health advisor, my husband Terry is teaching a workshop about team building. He will do an excellent job and is looking forward to meeting with our MakeMeThinner Team of Health Advisors at conference.

Nurse Lori Andersen (she is the Rn that does the TSFL Monday evening nurse’s support call and the wife of Dr. Andersen, the Medical Director for TSFL/Medifast Diet) and I are teaching a workshop on Client Support. We did a segment together in February when we were at the TSFL Regional “The Future Is Now” event in San Diego. I look forward to our workshop because we want to inspire other health advisors and their clients towards optimal health.

This is a total family affair for us – our family will be with us – of course, Unca will be there. Our daughter Becky & husband Christopher (his brother is going, too) and our grandson Nick will be there, too.

We are so pleased that all 10 of our MakeMeThinner Executive Directors will attend the Saturday evening banquet as we are introduced as Presidential Directors for TSFL. This is a special honor for Terry and me as we join Dr. Andersen and Lori as the first Presidential Directors from the field.

With all the events that are planned, I’ll have to use spackle and ‘white out’ to cover the dark circles under my eyes! The cameras will be snapping. We will get to meet some of our MakeMeThinner Losers and Shakers for the firs time – I can’t wait!!

The week is filled with lots of awesome activities including activities for fun as well as educational growth – we are going to Sundance and horseback riding with the Andersens and other TSFL leaders on Tuesday, white water rafting Wednesday, and Health Advisor Certification Training on Thursday.

The conference will be informative and helpful to us so we can continue to provide you with excellent knowledge to help you reach and enjoy optimal health.

We are staying for a few days after the conference to rest and spend time with some of our health advisors. Our 36th wedding anniversary is July 3rd. We want to re-visit the Olympic Park and if time permits, we will go on the zipline. Last year my husband Terry and Unca Tim (Terry’s bro) rode the luge. I did not opt for the luge….I didn’t want to wet my pants! We’ll see about this time – I’ll letcha know!

We will have our lappies (laptops) with us and my cell phone. We will do our best to keep up with things and return messages. I thank you in advance for helping one another and looking out for each other in our absence.

MakeMeThinner Thoughts for you…

You spend 40+ hours a week at work; why not spend a few hours on you and your health?

When I was overweight, I was frustrated, angry, resentful and overwhelmed.

When I was on the weight loss phase, I survived for three hours at a time.

Be proud of yourself eight times a day – every three hours you stick to your plan, you are three hours closer to living life healthier.

This is not a DIEt.
This is a new way to live; a new way to eat for life.

I cannot tell you how much fun I had shopping for a fancy schmancy new dress for the TSFL banquet. I tried on tons of dresses and outfits and they all looked great. I selected a floor length black satin skirt with a fishtail, like a mini-train and I found a perfect glitzy top – it is a black bustier with a sheer embroidered overtop with gold and silver threads and sequins.

I feel like a princess – I would never trade this feeling for a bag of Oreos or a quart of Ben and Jerry’s. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Terry lost 60 pounds and he looks so handsome in his black suit with his trim waist. His energy and zest for life is amazing. Before TSFL, he used to pass out in his recliner after supper and snore so loud we couldn't hear the TV. For a guy in his late fifties, he puts younger men to shame with his abundance of energy.

Come on, People - Delay gratification for a while and enjoy a new body for rest of your life!

Thinking Thinny Thoughts of you…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 25th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Ohh I bet y'all are going to have so much fun!! Cant wait to hear all about it when ya get back.

Nancy I love to read your posts. It brings tears to my eyes as well as a smile to face at the same time. You are such a wonderfully inspiring woman!!

Thank You and Terry are the best! Have a Great Trip!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » June 25th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Thank you, Jeep Girl! I am excited for you to reach your goal, too. I get all teary eyed when I meet fellow Losers and Loserettes!

Hurry and get there, JG. I see your reward is a trip to Hawaii. Maybe we can meetcha ya in Hawaii...With every shake ya slurp, move those hips and do the hula-lula to remind yourself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Karli » June 25th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Nancy wrote: ...nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

I have been thinking about this since you first posted it. I love it ! I have been realizing the need to let my love for my fittest self (and my love for other people) come before a love for/obssession with the mere taste of food (and some of the other unhealthy relationships with food, too). What you said reminds me of that... I am beginning to really see that it is a sacrifice that ends up not feeling like a dreadful sacrifice (and you only end up sacrificing what messes you up anyway), when one puts their inner desire to live as one's fittest self before a momentary, mere sensational pleasure (and consistently, too). The other way around can lead to sacrificing everything else that really matters and truly makes us who we are.

Okay, yes, I am a newbie who is anxiously awaiting her packets to arrive... but, I am the most inspired regarding this subject of health that I ever been. I can't seem to help myself from piping up a little... but most of all, thanks :).

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » June 25th, 2006, 5:15 pm

Karli, you have some wonderful insights! Never apologize for sharing those. Even if others know these things, we can't be reminded too often. Some days, making the choice to honor my "fittest self" (I like that) instead of my immediate desire is a moment by moment struggle.

I look forward to more of your shared thoughts! (And welcome to the party!)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby bdg » June 26th, 2006, 9:04 am

Karli,

You have a great attitude toward the program! Just wait a couple of weeks until you see yourself becoming healthier! You will be speaking even higher of the program!

I liken food to alcohol. It is fine in moderation, but when we begin to drink/eat to excess, we cause problems for ourself and others that we don't initially see. As far as I am concerned, things that you don't eat while on the program will be there after in extreme moderation! I personally enjoy my Mahi-Mahi that I had last night, or my Tuna Steaks that I am having tonight for my Lean & Green. I eat healthier, and more food when I have my L&G than I did before the program. Best of all, I like the food a lot and enjoy the packets. As I place my order for month 4, I look back and realize that my 11 weeks hasn't been long at all, and that I am already down over 60lbs and loving life more than ever!

Good luck on your journey and always remember that line that you love so much!
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 28th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Have fun y'all! Say hi to my mom when you fly into SLC!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » July 3rd, 2006, 12:20 am

Such a stupid question, but I have to ask....What kind of food is served at the conference? Or do you guys just do your own thing for whwn the conference is over. Is it all people on MF there, or are there also corporate people who might be part of the company, but not on MF?
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby LovenElvis » July 3rd, 2006, 4:16 am

The TSFL Conference is open to all Health Advisors. They are from all over! Even though the MMT team had quite a few people there, there were quite a few who have never heard of MMT forum.

They served (for lunch and dinner) food you would eat during maintenance. They also have Medifast food set out for the every 3 hours. However, quite a few had their own food as well. Those whose are staying on plan would just eat their MF food. Water is always there right in front of you as well!
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Wandering Back

Postby Jan » July 3rd, 2006, 1:57 pm

Hi All,
We are all wandering back now. Conference was GREAT. We learned so much!!! and caught up with old friends from around the country. I got to meet so many forum members in person. It was such fun. Nancy is still in Utah. She is of course celebrating her anniversary -- I think Bonnie is flying home today. Soon we'll all be back. I did have quite the flight home though. It is the only time I've been on a plane with people crying, screaming, getting sick and others just looking pale. One word ROUGH, could not land in Boise Idaho, got diverted to Portland Oregon. At first they told us we would not be able to "deplane" but would have to fly back -- the bumpy route to Boise, land, and then turn around and fly back to Portland. About 3 hours of more flying. Well, we were able to get off in Portland. No we didn't "kiss the ground" but we were happy to be home. All in all a wonderful wonderful time!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 23rd, 2006, 6:56 am

Coming back to the east coast any time soon? I'm about ready for some goal pictures with ya.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2006, 10:29 pm

When I get back there, Kiddo - you will be the FIRST person I meet! :bow:

I am so :sheepjump: thrilled for you, Jo.

I know you had your anniversary last week and I am so :oops: ashamed and sorry that I missed ya. We were snortin’ and honkin’ here – both with killer colds. :scratchhead: Guess flu shots do not ward off colds…

You are a STAR! :star:

You :shades: look absolutely lovely, everything aboutcha is wonderful, Jo!

You are :hug: sweet and :angel: kind – the inside is as purty as the outside of ya! :whistle:

Sheesh! Next thing we know, you’ll be one of the cheerleaders for the Steelers!

:cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sojourner » October 26th, 2006, 9:23 am

Nancy wrote:Next thing we know, you’ll be one of the cheerleaders for the Steelers!

:cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader: Go, Jo! :cleader:

Hey Jo, if you became a Dallas cheerleader you could wear those boots you've been wanting to try!! I know, I know...it was just a joke...you'd prolly go naked before you'd cheer for the Cowboys!! :lol:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » October 27th, 2006, 12:20 pm

Sojourner wrote:you'd prolly go naked before you'd cheer for the Cowboys!! :lol:

Yep, your are right, Sojo.....and if you could see me nekked, you would know that pigs will fly first.

:pigsfly:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Return to A Message from your Hosts