Major Accomplishment

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Major Accomplishment

Postby Kimbob » December 15th, 2003, 12:54 pm

I have to pat myself on the back!

On day five I had to go to THREE parties, all with food and massive alcohol, including my best friend's wedding. The bridal party started out at 8:30am with Mimosas while getting ready, and as I'm known as a party girl (and these people have known me for 23 years!!!) it was pretty obvious something was up. I know them well enough to tell them about the program, and everyone was so supportive all day! I was able to do my modified meal at lunch (I do modified about three days a week and straight medifast the other four) and did shakes other than that. The wedding party lasted until 3:00pm, when the friends/family took off to Margaritaville in capitola after the bride and groom swished off in their limo. I sat surrounded by margaritas, pina coladas, fried calamari, enchiladas, etc., while I dutifully drank my water. That night it was off to a party with my spousal equivalent's friends, where they were doing the whole turkey and honeybaked ham thing, and wine was flowing like tears at the prom while I again sipped water. I explained that I'd been at a wedding all day and wasn't hungry, and that I was on a no-sugar diet (raises less eyebrows) so everyone seemed to accept that.

I realized that if I can get through that day, I can get through anything. My SE was so proud of me - I couldn't do this without his support.

Anyway, I just had to toot my own horn. This was my first week and I was SO nervous about that wedding. I weighed in today (one day earlier than I was supposed to) and found that I'm already down six pounds. Yippee :lol:

Kimbob the Boastful
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: Major Accomplishment

Postby explorthis » December 15th, 2003, 3:06 pm

Kimbob wrote:I have to pat myself on the back!

THREE parties, all with food and massive alcohol
Mimosas
Margaritaville
margaritas
pina coladas
fried calamari
enchiladas
turkey
honeybaked ham
wine

I realized that if I can get through that day, I can get through anything.

Anyway, I just had to toot my own horn.

Kim-Boastful-Bob...

You have every right to toot your own horn... What a great accomplishment for you to say "nay" to all this stuff. Support is a critical thing, and we cannot get by without it, here as well as at home...

I am (was) in the same boat.. I work in an industry where I get offered (can easily muster up 5 a week) lunch all the time, we are constantly having seminars, where my Company supplies the top-notch grub. My biggest fears in the beginning was "Damn - look at all that food going to waste - because I am not GORGING myself" After about 2+ months of passing up all these sinful fat builders, I discovered - guess what... they are still here... Once WE are finished, we get to partake again - BUT WITHIN REASON. All the food, all the invitations, all the seminars are still happening, all the food is still flowing - and they all will be there waiting for us when we are at our desired weight!!!

Keep it up, keep us posted... MEDIFAST WORKS!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » December 15th, 2003, 3:40 pm

Hey Kimbob:

What is a "spousal equivalent"? Is that like a friend whom you are with so much people assume you are married? ;)

Great job on your loss!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kimbob » December 15th, 2003, 3:48 pm

:) Close!

He is the man I live with, but we're not married. I hate saying "boyfriend" because he's 46 years old and that just sounds too... silly. Plus, "boyfriend" doesn't necessarily say "living together in a long-term committed relationship, and really, we promise, someday we'll get married, just not right now, there's plenty of time, doesn't seem urgent, don't worry about it, so stop nagging us about it, ok?" (Can you tell I've given that speech to family/friends a time or two? he he he).

:) :)

So, since he's not really my husband but he's the next closest thing, I call him my "spousal equivalent."

Kimbob the Living-in-sin
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob

Postby Jeanette » December 15th, 2003, 9:32 pm

How about "para-husband"? LOL :lol:
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby explorthis » December 16th, 2003, 7:22 am

Kimbob wrote::) Close!

He is the man I live with, but we're not married.
So, since he's not really my husband but he's the next closest thing,

Kimbob the Living-in-sin

That's it, I am calling Dr. Laura. 1-800-d-r-l-a-u-r-a (on the phone now)

-Mike-the-tattler
explorthis

Postby Kimbob » December 16th, 2003, 1:31 pm

AK!

Now I'm REALLY in trouble!

Kimbob the Nervous
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob

Postby Debby » December 30th, 2003, 3:28 pm

Kimbob,

I just read your post - and that was exactly what I needed. Tomorrow is my birthday - and New Year's Eve. I started Medifast 4 days ago and I'm going to make it through tomorrow. It seems like my family is more upset about the "No Birthday Cake for Mom" thing than I am. If you can "Just Say No" to calamari and Margaritas than you are MY HERO :D !!!!

Don't worry about Mike-the-tattler - I heard that tattling makes you FAT!

Debby ;)
Debby
Debby

Return to Weight Loss