Oh Lucy u Got Some Splainin to do

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby mellowmom » January 19th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Great naming stories... Maybe we should start a new thread...Who/What were You Named After?

I always thought I was named after my mom, Carmen. It wasn't until I was nearly 40 years old that I learned "the truth".

I was named after the picturesque little town of Carmel, CA. Turns out that it was my parents' "favorite" city. I was okay, if somewhat shocked that my parents had a favorite romantic spot, and then the other shoe dropped and my mom pronounced that I was conceived in that town! (AAAHHHH.. too much information, MOM!!!) All, I could think of was "Thank God, they didn't love Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan!!"

Sorry to hijack the topic.. just couldn't pass it up, and I think if would be a fun thing to post under "What's Shaking?"
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Lucy » January 19th, 2007, 1:30 pm

Lucy is actually a nickname , named for the famous redhead. I never was blessed with a middle name, and since so many know me only as Lucy, this spring I will be legally adding it as my middle name.
AHHH Carmel, a beautiful place.

I got a kick out of the Debbie story, can you imagine the vision the parents had for their daughter. I always laugh when a name just is so wrong for a person, like Penelope Sweetie, yeah a loco coworker (male) named his first born girl.

DUDE what are you thinking!!!!????? My brother is a Lou, but has been called Butch from the time of Diapers, he is now 52.

Those who know me best are certain Lucy is the perfect name for me...it is...
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Studio