Lucy

1 Thread per registered User.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » December 12th, 2006, 10:38 am

Hello all of you Maginficant, Enjoyable, Darn, Inspiring, Fun-loving, Awesome, Shaking, Thin-seekers

Welcome to my journal. I am starting early. My goal for the next 13 days is to become well aquainted and prepared for my journey of 125 lb weight loss. I will set one goal per day in becoming prepared, including the taking of the dreaded before photos. My thought is to have this site become a normal part of my routine, dare I say habit.

Today, being day -13, I saw my Nurse Prac., she had to remove an ouchy from my elbow, which included 4 stitches that will not come out for 10 days, while I am free to start at that time, I have decided to start th 25th, fear not all festivities are on Sunday. I will submit my first weigh the 24th. We also did the blood tests, etc etc...

I am amazed at the support and care within this group. Lori you rock, Dede you inspire me, as do the lot of you.
I will warn all of you, I can have a bizarre sense of humor, Lucy is a long standing nickname, many think it is my real name, but alas I was named after the crazy redhead, and it fits, ask my husband. I must say I am very excited to see the Biggest Loser finale on Weds, the before and afters will be nice, for me it also show how much the weight coming off changes these people, and their activities with their families...

Okay heres the scoop, I am 41, married, 4 children, one from previous and 3 from hubby, I gave up career and degree to stay home , I have a 3 year old daughter, sons 5, 7 and 13. I watch 2 small children, 10 months and 2 months. Oh and then there is Earl...he's the 5 month old Black and White Cocker Spaniel, he is named Earl, because he is stupid and cute, he also has a Carma (sic) problem, especially chasing them... The only exercise I do is say the work exercise, or chase Earl, although I do watch a good informercial every now and again...did you know Chuck Norris is 5'2"?...Oh, I live in WI, I do not like WI :? rather I am a misplaced Southerner, NC is home, TN is transplanted home...WI is where I found my hubby.

My first goal will be to be compliant 1 week.
My second is 235 lbs
Last edited by Lucy on December 12th, 2006, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 12th, 2006, 11:03 am

Great to meet you and I think you have some great do-able goals, especially the first one. One day at a time! Lots of water. :water:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Karli » December 12th, 2006, 11:05 am

Welcome, Lucy ! Glad to have you onboard ! Sounds like you are doing an awesome job in prep, that will certainly pay off !

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 12th, 2006, 11:20 am

Hi Lucy,
It's the little things you do (like starting your journal) that add up to a big commitment and move you toward your goals.

You'll be there before you know it....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 12th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Lucy,
I'm glad you're doing such thorough preparations! It really gets you in the mindset to be READY to make the life changes! I KNOW you're going to do great!

As far as your final goal of 135...a lot of us set a first goal and then made adjustments as we progressed...

Mini-goals are the key for me (as is rewarding myself for meeting the mini goals). I have mini goals at 10lb increments and things such as obese to overweight on the BMI chart... Onderland...weighing what my drivers license says, etc. Then I give myself a little treat for each mini goal (pedicure, CD/DVD, whatever). It helps me!

I know you're going to do great! I'm glad to meet you!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Lucy » December 13th, 2006, 4:32 pm

So today is -12. My goal today was to keep track of what I ate and why. I actually began that last night. I had the KICK BUTT salad, at O Charley's..if 2 chicken breast were on it and the greeens were about 1/2 it would have been the perfect lean and green. UHHHH the extras, that will remain unnamed to protect the compliant...were totally unneccessary. For me it is more because I can and it's there. Well just because they bring you a basket of rolls does not mean you have to eat em...or three...I can honestly say I deserve every pound and then some. I wish resturants served real portions, because we in the US don't have a clue. Remember when a Mc Donald's childs coke was actually a small? Or a medium a large, and jeez who in Cooter Brown's name needs 48 oz of soda, 2 or 3 times a day, ( not guilty there, but I know many who are).

Well, no more, I dream of next Christmas buying a nice holiday outfit. My 13 year old son will be confirmed next year, my goal is to be thin and proud for the event...do I mention it is at the ex's families church? The vain in me really would be way to embarrassed if it were now. Anyhow I need to catch up.

Tomorrow....we start the 125 oz water thing, somewhere Nancy had mentioned in apost long ago about the docs upping the water to 1 oz for each overweight pound. I hate water, must have bottled...but just think lose 40 lbs thats 40 ozs not drank every day , now thats a reason to lose.

Biggest Loser finally tonight... I think.

Also a shout out to VN (Vivtorious Nat) I think she is the bomb...she thinks I am one, and is afraid to take me to the airport! :lol: inside joke , but I bet she is laughing...
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy

Postby bikipatra » December 13th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Lucy wrote:
Tomorrow....we start the 125 oz water thing, somewhere Nancy had mentioned in apost long ago about the docs upping the water to 1 oz for each overweight pound. I hate water, must have bottled...but just think lose 40 lbs thats 40 ozs not drank every day , now thats a reason to lose.

Now that sounds like a lot of water, which I guess it is if you aren't sitting at home all day with nothing to do but drink water and count every ounce. I am at 96 ounces for today and I should be a little higher by bedtime. I really hope it makes a difference on the scale like so many claim it does. I don't expect immediate results-but I'll take those too!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lucy » December 13th, 2006, 6:32 pm

I know we are on the go ALL day, I wrangle a 2 month old with special needs, a 10 month old, kids 3, 5, 7 and 13, and a spare 7 year old. The day starts at 5 am and finishes at 7 pm ( my last child thats not mine leaves) thank goodness...I have 5 of the large propel bottles with tha twistie tops, alas no propel just bottled H20, I am hoping to grab thaose out of the fridge to get em in...worried about having time to pee... :shock: cause you are right no time to count so you have to make time count for you.

It's crazy, all the schools start at different times, so drop off, pick up and homework is so fuuny, we go from K to 8th, and my mind gets stuck...my K boy is in a special charter school, they already are learning about Gladiators, and the rise and fall of Rome, he has the most homework, is that crazy....I remember spelling bob in K abd was so proud....oh well.

I have my laptop with me at all times, sometimes I have one hand dipping icky Gerbers with the other surfing...

BTW one of the people on Biggest Loser edited forgot west coast had not seenthe show

**** I reread this post and decided I sounded braggy, NOT how it was suppose to sound, more frustrated than anything, believe me I only get by , by the hair of my chinny chin chin...I do have 3 of those too hahahaha
Last edited by Lucy on December 13th, 2006, 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucy

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 13th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Hey Lucy! Just wanted to let you know that your daily run around is much appreciated! Giving up a degree and job to be at home is a daunting task, that alot of times gets no recognition. I know exactly where you are coming from! You are a hero to your kids!!! That beats any promotion or raise!!!

You are doing great!! Keep shakin'!! :yay:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 13th, 2006, 6:59 pm

That's okay to ramble-it's your journal! I didn't get to watch the Biggest Loser I was out FINISHING my Christmas shopping. Finally. It was the only thing I didn't buy online...
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lucy » December 13th, 2006, 7:02 pm

You woman you...finishing the Christmas shopping, I don't care what anyone says is a P A I N, a fun pain, but still. One of the older boys, yeah we also have a 16 and 19 year old, wants Nautica Yellow cologne CAN NOT find it anywhere, thanks for the idea of online....

I think the only thing I will say tomorrow is gotta go...again hahahha
Lucy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 13th, 2006, 7:35 pm

Try Ebay! There's 152 of them on auction!

DeDe
dede4wd

Re: Hi

Postby bikipatra » December 13th, 2006, 7:38 pm

dede4wd wrote:Try Ebay! There's 152 of them on auction!

DeDe

I used EBAY for three of my Xmas gifts. My sister insisted that she needed a certain Christian Dior eyeshadow compact that is no longer made so I had to go to EBAY.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lucy » December 13th, 2006, 8:09 pm

I love Ebay and yes...Nautica is on the way...BTW Biggest Loser is over, not telling I already spoiled it for another )it is amazing, yet we see big numbers here all the time , but actually seeing the hard hard work they go through, the frustration is nice.

OHHHH hey there is a new fitness concept, new here in WI, it is called Fitness Anytime, a mini gym about as big as Curves, it has people working like 10-7, but you can go 24 hours a day, using an access card, I am not even thinking exercise for 90 days, but my schedule does not allow for gym time, I am excited to see the cost.

Dede, I have gathered you travel ALOT, but have not figured out your job, how do you manage with workouts being so far from home, or is it just you and Ms Perky Austin....I have a secret I like Richard Simons tapes hehehhehehhe shhhhhh
Last edited by Lucy on December 13th, 2006, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy

Postby alpha femme » December 13th, 2006, 8:13 pm

uhmmm...:shock:
yeah.
could you wait to post stuff that the west coast hasn't seen yet or put a "spoiler alert" before it?
thanks. :|
alpha femme
Preferred member

Next

Return to My Journal