Long time no see! (kinda)

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Serendipity » May 8th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Wahoooo HYPE!!! You look great, buddy! I need you to drive down here so I can smack ya for not stopping by a little more often, though. :deadhorse: As you can see, I'm still hangin' in there, but it's hard without ya, buddy, lol, not really.....I do miss you though. Every once in awhile, I wonder....what's hype up to....hmmmm....and before you know it, I see you online, probably just reading a bit for inspiration....so I know u r ok.

Thanks for posting the after pics and good luck with maintenance. It would be great if you could come back every once in awhile and check in just to let us all know what's up with ya. I would also like to see an active maintenance board. Heaven knows, we'll need alot of support then.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » May 8th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Hey, Hype-

Thanks for finally showing your face (and body!) back here on the forum, we all missed you!

It has been quite the journey, and like you said, I feel really lucky that we came on board and got some communication going from the start - you, me, Jo, and not many others! The rest of you out there probably don't realize this, but it was REALLY QUIET here around the November/December time, and Hype, Jo, and I had to work extra hard to get some communication going! Not like these days, where it's impossible to keep up with all you energetic posters!

You have been so amazing, Hype, and I feel fortunate to have witnessed your transformation. It's awesome how you looked all of your obstacles in the eye and pushed past them. You dealt with home issues and work issues, and came through it all with flying colors.

I hope to join you in maintenance land soon (but not yet, I have more to go!), but I will look forward to your continued enthusiasm!

Congrats a million times over, you look fantastic, and I am so thrilled to have "worked" with you on this!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ktrout » May 8th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Hype, You have certainly been one of my inspirations. My wife was just looking over my shoulder at your pics and went,"oooooo, very nice" I'm kinda looking forward to her saying that about me pretty soon too. LOL !!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby lauradr » May 8th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Hype!! I'm so proud of you you look great!!! :D :D I hope I'm with you on maintenance soon. it was quit in Dec and Nov.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

whoohoo!!!

Postby LAwoman » May 8th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Great job is probably a little bit of an understatement after what you've accomplishment. You look fanstastic.

Congrats to you Hyperion. You must feel like you have a new lease on life as the saying goes.

Thanks for sharing your MF experience with us, and of course your pics.

I'd love to hear the different ways your life has changed since you've reached your goal to the healthy person you are.

Keep up the great work with maintenance.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 9th, 2006, 6:29 am

Hi, I just want to add my CONGRATULATIONS!!! And, a very big thank you for such an inspiring post that I will re-read often, during my weight loss journey and beyond that! May you be always blessed in your future and may you have continued success in ALL that you do! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » May 10th, 2006, 10:28 am

Hype,

Thanks for your post and inspiring update. You look fantastic!! You have done such an awesome thing for yourself and are now reaping the benefits. Please keep in touch on the boards. I always enjoy reading your posts!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2006, 1:09 pm

:puter: Dear Handsome Hype ~

:whattha: Sheesh! You are quite the hunk!

So glad to have you show up and greet us with your wonderful self! We’ve :cry: missed you terribly and I have wondered how transition was going for you.

Your meal schedule and activity level show us that you have incorporated the things you learned during weight loss to help you with your new lifestyle. It is my desire that the other readers take to heart what you have learned as well.

The Medifast products are an excellent tool to help people to safely and rapidly lose weight – Hype’s received his gold :goldstar: star and now joins the Club of Hefty Losers.

For people to accomplish any weight loss it takes effort; it takes greater effort to maintain that weight loss. None of us ever wants to regain the pounds we worked so hard to remove but unless we make a permanent change to our life style – unless we eat less (and that includes eating less food, less fat-laden grub, and lower glycemic carbs) and exercise more, our weight loss will not be permanent.

All weight loss/weight gain affects our health. Hype, you are just about the neatest guy around and we are :bow: thankful that we have gotten to know you; we are also glad that you made the changes that affect your health for the good. You have yourself a real sweet girlfriend and because of the changes in your eating behaviors you made and continue to make, she will have you around a lot longer now. :hug: Your example will surely have an effect upon your Mom, too.

I had lost the lardo, kept it off for a 11 months before my own brother told me he was ready to start the program. He lost 95 pounds. If I had not paved the way and kept my weight off for nearly a year, it is doubtful he would have begun the program. Your thinny life will influence others.

Yes, I would concur that real food tastes really good. No longer, do we anesthetize our tongues with food additives, preservatives and food coloring – food in its natural form tastes marvelous. I found that butter or high-fat foods make my teeth and tongue feel :twisted: skanky and I just no longer have those unhealthy food fixations any more – how ‘bout you?

There is nothing easy about losing weight for true foodies. I know. Once done, there is also great pressure on us to maintain our weight. People are always watching us and holding out hope for us that we have escaped the pull of the fridge because if we can do it, they feel like they can do it, too.

Now we want you to keep on following the BeSlim™ philosophy that Dr. Andersen sets before us - it is based upon the National Weight Registry findings for permanent weight management. You have a terrific story that brings hope to others and we are jazzed that you are so hyped on life now, Hype!

BTW, I love the very smart-looking shirts – they show your great physique!
:thumbup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 11th, 2006, 8:40 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW!!! that's all I can say. Congrats on reaching your goal and beginning maintenance. Keep all of us LOSERS in mind. Make sure to posted on how things are going with you. You have been an inspiration in losing now you move onto being a maintaining inspiration. :bow: :trophy:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby Joelie » May 14th, 2006, 9:02 am

HOLY FREAKING CAMOLY! Hype! You look AMAZING!!!!!!

CONGRATS to you on reaching your goal. You are most definitely one of the biggest inspirations to so many of us!
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Lulie » May 22nd, 2006, 10:00 pm

Wowee!

That is amazing. I will be honest and tell you that I almost cried reading this. I just found your post and it was so inspiring to me. I have been on the plan for a short time, but have been fighting my way along, and needed to see your accomplishment to inspire me to stay with it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics and your post. It was very important to me to see it!
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Hyperion » May 26th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Hello Lulie,

I'm really happy that my posts serve this purpose. I guess that posting is a double-winning situation for both parts: the sender and the reader!

As for MF, here are the words that helped me when I had hard times:

Discipline is only the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.

That kept me from cheating a lot of times!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby monz » May 27th, 2006, 7:49 am

Hi Hype!

First of all :whattha: what an amazing transformation! You look great! You're the answer to my prayer, I was hoping to find some inspiration to help me thought the day...and I found you! Thanks for the post and pic. Now I have more reasons to stick with MF.

:whattha: :bow: :bow: :bow: :trophy:
5'3"
217/200/125

monz
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 27th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Hyperion,
I LOVED your quote yesterday! LOVED IT! Needed it!

DeDe
dede4wd

Previous

Return to Studio