Kinda freakin' me out

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Kinda freakin' me out

Postby Jims Chick » March 25th, 2004, 9:48 am

Hey guys...for the last week or so I've been having this fluttering feeling in my chest, almost like my heart is racing. Have been under a lot of stress and I'm thinking maybe it's anxiety or something. Someone mentioned to me that the feeling could also happen if your electrolites are off. A I had to get a new physician and couldn't get in until 4/19. Anyone ever have a similar experience?

:?: Julie :?:
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 25th, 2004, 11:16 am

That could be it, Julie. Good thing you made a dr's appointment!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Indigo » March 25th, 2004, 1:29 pm

I get that with stress, too. If I stop, sit quietly and take some deep breaths, it usually goes away. Then I do whatever I can to reduce the stress (I know, easier said than done sometimes!) I've never had that problem related to medifast, it's always been a 'stress' issue, but it's a good idea to get it checked out, just in case.
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 25th, 2004, 2:09 pm

I don't necessarily have this problem when I'm in the middle of stressful situation. Many times I'm just sitting here. Sometimes it will happen only a couple of times a day...and some times it feels like it's happening several dozen times. My life in general is just full of stress since the death of my husbands business partner and the startup of our new business....transmission went out on my brand spankin new car.....good friend from work was killed on a mission in Iraq and just went to her funeral yesterday...my 3 yr old knocked all her front teeth loose......it sometimes just seems never ending. Sometimes I think I can't take anymore of this...gimmie a snickers :shock: but I don't do it. I'm waking up alot at night...sometimes I can't go back to sleep. I just think maybe it could all be related or something. :?: :?: :?:

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Postby elle4nelly » March 25th, 2004, 2:15 pm

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR OWN!!
Go to the Doc office! These extreme diets, Medifast is no exeption, can cause no problem to big problems as with any other diets. If you were having these symptoms way before that would be one thing...but not all of the sudden. not to scare you...but the last time I had a similar heart fluttering reaction...I thought it was anxiety...and 48 hours later it was Pulmonary embulism! My point is...when not feeling well and if it's sudden or something you haven't experience before..go to the doc...don't even try to figure a thing out.
I hope everything goes well for you. Let us know what the doc says.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Starloser63 » March 25th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Julie,

I'm glad your going to a doc. But my heavens you "think it may be tied to something". I say you are a walking stress machine. I am saying a prayer for you. Sending big hugs also. I think it is someone else's turn, you have had enough thrown at you.

Nelly I forgot about your episode. Get it checked out there is always the ER.

(((GIANT HUGS)))
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » March 25th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Hi there stress-machine!!!!

Seriously, listen to Nelly - her incident a few weeks ago really made me stop and think about the importance of listening to what my body is saying and not trying to explain it away.... if the Dr. appt. is too far off --- call and say it's urgent or go right to the ER or walk-in clinic or whatever you have available in your area.

Take care of you!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 26th, 2004, 7:13 am

Julie,

Are you feeling any better today? I was just thinking about you and wanted to ask.

Hugs,
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 26th, 2004, 9:23 am

I am feeling way better today. I went to bed at 830 as soon as my kids hit the pillow and got a great night sleep. I have had no incidents this morning so far. I also wanted to share my great evening. Had to stop at the store and pick up some milk last night and my kidlets begged me for oreos. I gave it and bought them. Not only did I watch the kids eat their oreos after dinner last night but I actually handled them....taking them out of the package and putting them in the cookie container. Now I know you're thinking I'm just waiting for the hub to jump on the motorcycle and I'll have oreo crumbs encircling my mouth...but I'm not going there. I heard guido when I was sniffin those cookies....telling me this was a choice. And I decided I'm tougher than an oreo.. (I guess it's good to be tougher than something....why not an oreo.) I put them away and it wasn't an issue. Thanks Guido..... As far as my fluttering goes...I will go to urgent care if it increases again. Until then, I'm going to start keeping a little diary to take with me to document how often it's happening and what I'm doing....I'm hoping that would help. I haven't been to a doctor in almost 3 years after my physican was prosecuted for sexually assaulting a patient in his office. I have a new FEMALE physican and plan to have a complete physical. I've been also thinking about maybe having what ever test they do on your heart to find out if maybe there is something linked to my fen-phen use. I appreciate all the help you guys have offered. Thanks!! :-P Julie

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Postby explorthis » March 26th, 2004, 9:30 am

Jims Chick wrote:...my 3 yr old knocked all her front teeth loose......it sometimes just seems never ending

Guido is here. He is here for support, not typical am "Guido-ing"

The teeth incident sparked my concern, not to make light at all, any of the other incidents....

Since I have an almost 3-Y/O daughter I was concerned.. How is she?

Hope you are well, seems like so far so good this am...

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 26th, 2004, 11:17 am

My Jenna is doing fine thankfully. She has one tooth on the bottom that is really loose and sore but they tell me if you leave them alone they almost always will tighten up. She did something similar last year when she fell face first into the coffee table and cut her gums and loosened all of her top teeth. That time they told me there was a possiblity the teeth would die and turn brown...but they didn't. She is my little daredevil and is always doing something to freak me out. Thanks for your concern, she's going to be fine 8)
Julie

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Postby Whodini64 » March 26th, 2004, 12:08 pm

Hi Julie,

I just started today, and was reading (again) the Success in a Shaker Jar book, and it says that...

"you might have to limit use of caffeinated drinks such as coffee and diet sodas. ..... Because of your low-calorie intake, you may be more sensitive to caffein, experiencing anxiety, shakiness or other symptoms."

It suggests we limit caffeinated drinks to 3 servings a day or less.

In your notes you are keeping about when it is happening for the doctor, see if it has any correlation (sp?) to caffein intake.

That one will be hard for me, as I am a coffee-aholic... instead of my usual 3 pots a day, I will try to keep it to 2 mugs in the morning, and 1-2 in the afternoon. I will see how it affects me, and adjust as needed.

Danee

P.S Congrats on your victory over the Evil Oreos!!! :twisted:
Start date: March 26, 2004

187/180/135
Whodini64

Postby Jims Chick » March 26th, 2004, 12:23 pm

Caffiene is not my problem. I usually have a cup of coffee maybe once or twice a week in the morning...and I've become partial to Barq's diet root beer ...with no caffeine. That was another medifast benefit for me...I was a diet cherry coke 6 pack a day drinker. I now am such a big water drinker I don't have much room for all my sodas!!

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2004, 12:26 pm

Danee you're right about the caffeine. I started this coffee mess again 3 weeks ago. 1 cup a day only and I've got a hard time falling alseep...I stay up way late. And julie, I hope your phen phen use was in the past..are you actually on it now? When I took it in 97...I had to quit it because of heart tremor and numbness in my left arm!!! That was a scary episode. Either way..I hope your symptoms go away for good!

Nelly

Postby pinkgeek » March 26th, 2004, 3:15 pm

Julie:

I don't know what could be causing your probs, but listen to Nelly, Shineface, and the others. Don't make light of it if your body is sending you signals. If the same thing happened to me, I wouldn't bat a lash. I have a major sensitivity to anything drug like...caffeine, sugar, alcohol, etc. Plus I have had anxiety and sleep deprivation probs since I was 8, so when my heart flutters, I know I'm just stressing and need to find a way to calm down and talk myself out of whatever has got me stressed. For awhile, it took lots of anti-depressants/anxiety meds. These days, just venting or a call to the big brother might solve the problem. It really does sound like, HELLOOOOOO..you might be stressed..just a tad! Is it possible to take a break from something or have a lil girl time at the local salon? I hope things get better for you in the stress department. Other than that, you are the WOMAN for passing up those Oreos! Cream fillin' is one of life's greatest temptations...it's everywhere you look. I think cream fillin' could make an old shoe edible....*sigh* You are one tough cookie, though! (pun totally intended...drum roll please). Take Care!

~Angela
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room