long time no post

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby fedup » November 1st, 2004, 5:16 pm

Yup! My 4 year old wants my MF stuff too! Thinks she's missing out! I let her have a few sips now and then, but I'm positively stingy about my bar! (Do you know how BIG a bite a teeny tiny 4 year old can take!! ;) !!!)

Funny story- This past weekend we took her and her cousin (also 4) to the zoo for Halloween activities... they got candy during the day. Around 5:00 I was eating my peanut butter MF bar, and she told her cousin, "it's okay, she's not eating our candy that's her diet stuff!" Her cousin thought my bar looked just too good I guess!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 6:11 pm

I have several friends with younger kids. Their kids ALL choose Medifast as their after school snack.

One of our friends has a three year old who brings her Daddy her Tippy Cup and asks him to make her a shake, too. So she gets half a bar and a shake when Daddy has his afternoon snack.

Personally, I think $3 (for a shake and half a bar) is a good value and a good investment in a child - it's the best value for the amount of convenience and nutrition you can give a child.

Mike, you're so right. Kids definitely follow in the footsteps of their parents and you are correcting some habits for Alix and teaching your littlest punkin basically from the beginning that veggies and exercise are both good choices.

Eventually some food loses its power.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fedup » November 2nd, 2004, 7:58 am

Yup, I'd definitely rather have her eating something nutritious! My only problem is I only have an exact number of the bars left if I want one each day until I order some more, so I don't want to run out! (So I guess I'm protecting my "stash" :) )

Like Mike said, I also try to start her off with good eating habits. My hope is for her to never have to go through the things I've had to. She is active in activities, and we encourage healthy snacks. (she loves carrots and apples! lots of times chooses them over candy! something I never did as a kid!)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Previous

Return to The Weight Room