Living Vicariously Through Tami

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Living Vicariously Through Tami

Postby Landylue » March 28th, 2004, 6:19 am

So, Tami, tell us already, how was the firemens' ball last night? My Saturday consisted of mowing grass, weeding, cutting my own hair, and bathing dogs, so I need a good night out story--and it doesn't matter at all whether it's mine or yours!

:wave:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 28th, 2004, 7:58 am

Landylue
The Ball was AWESOME!! it really was...I had a great time!! and now next week..I have one more to attend!! it really is great to see everyone outside of work...to see everyone loosen up and have a good time!! I was presented with an award, which really touched me..wasnt expecting it!! but it was great!! I was a bit nervous about the FOOD...but I had a shake just before I arrived..and just picked at some chicken and veggies...then just pushed my plate away and HIT THE DANCE FLOOR!! it felt soo great to FEEL GOOD about myself for the first time in so long..I still have a ways to go..and IM halfway to my goal weight, but its amazing how much better I feel now ...than what I felt like just 7-8 weeks ago!!
I find that when I am not eating like a crazy person...and I am faithful to this program..that something amazing happens...I BECOME at ease with everything else!! its as if my weight is not the ONLY THING on my mind anymore...Im not paying close attention to it...and its slowly falling off of me!! its great!
your posts are so inspiring...I really enjoy reading them!! Im so greatful for you and the rest of our fellow shaker friends on this forum..it truly is a blessing to have found this..and all of you!!

;) Happy Sunday!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » March 28th, 2004, 12:52 pm

Excellent! I'm delighted you had such a wonderful time! You've got such a rewarding job, Tami. My dad was a captain in the Dallas Fire Department, so I've got a real softspot for the people in your line of work. I'll wager you get an opportunity to help someone each and every day. What a good feeling you must go home with at the end of your shift.

Congratulations on that award! I think you also deserve a trophy for the posts you write for this forum. I'll say it again, there's a handful of you out there that have 'carried' me at times during this fast. Your willingness to open up and share your feelings is immensely helpful.

Have a great week, and let us know how your next big event goes, as well.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 28th, 2004, 3:00 pm

thanks Landy... :D everyone here on this forum gets me through soooooo much more than you all would ever know!!
you are all my little blessings!! :-P

Tami

TamiL

Postby shineface » March 29th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Tami--

Way to go babe!!!!! and that sounds like what you are transforming into - with MF and your commitment to YOU!

Good for you - a real night out feeling good about yourself and not feeling food or fat focused ---BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT --- pat on the back and a great big atta girl!!

Keep on posting Tami - you are 50 percent to your goal - can you even believe it!!!? I can't, seems like only yesterday you wandered into the train station and bought your ticket for Thinsville ----non-refundable ticket!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 30th, 2004, 12:06 pm

I am proud of you Tami !

I can tell by your posts lately, that you're feeling good and have a good grip on your diet!
So? Are you ready for those summer dresses? :D

Your shakin Pal!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » March 30th, 2004, 1:01 pm

Nelly...
Pam and Landy..thank you all for your posts!! you guys Rock!! :kool:

Nelly...Im not sure if this summer I will be in any dresses!! you may/may not be able to relate to this..but I am struggling with it a bit...
It seems that from all the gaining and loosing of weight I have done, that I seem to gain more body fat each time...that is known due to loosing muscle mass..and it being replaced with UGLY FAT!! 3 years ago..I weighed 135 pounds...and got myself back up to 185 pounds..but years ago at 160 pounds..I had MUCH LESS BODY FAT...and it seems this time around..I have some extra skin and MORE CELLULITE than ever...and it bums me out bigtime!! I know that working out will help some..and doing weight training...but this is the price I pay for abusing my body time and time again!! I tried on some clothes the other day..and just could not bear to look at myself in those lovley 3 way mirrors they have in stores now a days!! I look like a cottage cheese factory..and its the worse it has EVER BEEN!! but...I just have to keep plugging away at this...get down in my weight and see what magic I can perform!!
anyhoo...thanks for the support guys!! :)
hugs
Tami

TamiL

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2004, 11:08 am

Tami?

Don't get bummed over this!!! What we all share is Medifast, but beyond that some of us have to taylor this program around our specific needs!!! I started out thinking that oh...I won't exercise now...I'll just use exercise when I reach maintenance!! Oh yeah??? Well one day I noticed that I was smaller and more toned up when I weighed 10lbs more than I do now!!! And that's because I was in the gym 5 days a week and weight training 4x a week last year!! So last week I decided to Go back to the gym and do 4 cardio session per week at moderate intensity for 45 minutes each. And I do now 2 sessions a week of weight training. I do one intense 45-60 minutes upper body one session and the other I do lower body. And the scale? I decided not to even look at it!! I just stick to my shakes...and just let my body do what it has to do.... the weight will come off...I'm focusing on body size now. I have no choice on this...If I wait until I reach goal...I'll be a skinny-fat...That's no option! When I get closer to my ideal size I will kick up the intensity of the weight training sessions ...My point is you have to cater this diet to your individual need. I can't have 5 shakes..and now I have to drop a couple more to make my anti-coagulant therapy work, because so far..it isn't and the high level of vitamin K in medifast is to blame for it all....So I have to be very creative with this medifast thing...
Anyway girl, don't get bummed out. create and exercise plan that will help you tone up..don't wait for the end. If you attend a Gym ..take a couple of toning classes a week...if you don't go to Gym...I have a very good advice for you.
Get Joyce Vedral " Bottom up" Book. 3 sets of weights 1-3-5 or 3-5-8 lbs each( Target has them cheap) and a bench. You will be tone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to alternate her with the gym!!! She kicks butt..and you get very tone lean muscle! I have 3 of her book and i'll reintroduce her to my routine in a little bit after my body gets used to weight training again...I am very sore from my 2 workout last week.

Smile beautiful....when life sends you a curve ball..don't run away! Catch it and straighten it to your liking!! So you don't have the body you want..well?? Make it that body you want!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!! You're stronger than you think! So go at it girl...dream it and make it happen!!!!! :D

Your shakin pal!

Nelly

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2004, 11:12 am

By the way Pam?? How are you doing? I hope you're fine!

Nelly

Postby TamiL » March 31st, 2004, 12:33 pm

Thanks Nelly
your exactly right....I have all the tools I need to get going..have a memerbship at the gym..that I keep saying Ill get to once I get a bit smaller...but times a wastin and I am getting smaller...but only more flabby!! I have a weight bench and treadmill in the comfort of my own pad...collecting dust...and your post just gave me the kick in the heiney that needed to blow the dust off and get my butt in gear!! heres to starting over with the cardio and weights....the hell with the scales...those green pants will show me more in time, when they feel loose around my legs and butt from walking and weight training!!

thanks a million....needed to hear every word you just shared...your the best!!

Tami

TamiL

Postby pinkgeek » March 31st, 2004, 1:31 pm

Tami:

You are gonna be one of those skinny boogers I often refer to soon enough. As for the toning stuff, I have heard that the FIRM workouts are really good, but also pretty intense. Additionaly pilates seems to be all the rage. Something a little more gentle, yet effective, might be swiss ball exercises. My chiropractor says those exercises are awesome for core strengthening/flexibility and you can do lower and upper body exercises for toning on them as well. Hope this helps! Keep shakin' girlfriend!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 1st, 2004, 2:06 pm

Yes!! The Firm workout Kick Butt Galore!!! That is very true Pinkgeek
They are very very challenging! Tami girl, You are very close to your Goal...I believe you have only 30 or so lbs to go. Don't worry about the scale...just tone up and get a good work-out plan. It will help you with moods too...It will boost your moral and help you somehow a little bit with the emotional or compulsive eating battle. don't despair! Just Kick Butt!! I have Faith in you!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss