STARTING OVER FOR TAMI

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

STARTING OVER FOR TAMI

Postby TamiL » August 14th, 2004, 12:02 pm

Hey All my Shakin Friends....old and New....
I am here once again to confess...to VENT...to get out all my feelings I have been disguising for some time now...
I fell off the train to thinville...have attempted to get back up several times, only to do good for a week or so..then slip up..then do good...then do worse...its a repeat pattern for me, that has lead me right back to MISERY AGAIN...where I started.
When I started Medifast...I was 185 pounds....I got down to 155 pounds..and was feeling great..then the food fairy started to haunt me, and I gave in a few times..but thought I had things under control with each "slip up"....well...the last month or so...I have been up and down...I have so much going on in my personal life, that I use that as an excuse to EAT...and tell myself the same old crap I used to...my whole life...NEXT WEEK...NEXT MONTH...TOMMORROW I will start over, since I blew this day..I may as well eat everything I can get my hands on...
THIS INSANE WAY OF THINKING has brought me back up to 170 POUNDS!! my pants that I got "taken in" are now all too tight again...I am ISOLATING myself from the rest of the world again....its AWFUL.
I am not taking any overtime shifts at work...been slaking off in so many things I was THRIVING in....and its all because the FOOD HAS A HOLD OF ME!!
I have my medifast shakes...I start off each day with one..with hopes that I will go only having 5 shakes a day... do the full fast untill I get this weight off again...but my day always ends up HOPELESS!!
I NEED GUIDO....I NEED SOMEONE TO COME LOCK ME UP!!
I dont want to fall back into the FAT world...that lonley world I get myself into when I isolate....I dont LIVE at all...I become depressed and just so down that I cant pull myself out of the hole I get myself into.

SO HERE IT IS....I HAVE BEEN EATING LIKE PIG....you name it I eat it...been shoveling so much food in my mouth so I wont feel things....and I KNOW THIS ....
Today I went to put on a pair of jeans that I wore last month..that fit good..and I could barley get them zipped!! that made me fall to my knees in TEARS. I cant go back there...to that lonley dark hole...
I NEED HELP!!
I have had 2 shakes today...so far..and god willing...I will have 3 more for the rest of the day...spaced out..and that is it...TODAY WILL BE MY DAY ONE....I have had so many day 1's in the last few months..and never get past day 3 or 4 anymore!!
THIS HAS TO BE IT....please PRAY FOR ME that I can do this....I can resist all the temptations out there....at my job...at my family's houses...all the gatherings....I JUST WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF AGAIN!!
so there it is..my confession....my PROMISE TO MYSELF THAT I am starting this over....my MEDIFAST PROGRAM....this time to do it all the way..no more cheating myself....I NEED TO GET TO THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THIS RAINBOW...I NEED this to LIVE life to the fullest I can live!!
TODAY....is starting over day....wipe the old slate clean day and forgive myself for all the past failures.
I have re-posted my new weights....gosh..if only I had stayed with it the first time around..I would be at my goal by now...or would have been there a long time ago!! but no sense in beating myself up over it..whats done is done...just have to START OVER again....I need this forum.. Ineed to write in my journal as I did in the past... Ineed to just DO THIS...no matter what.
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 14th, 2004, 1:26 pm

Dear TamiL,

God, I know where you are at because I was there for so long before I started MF. I WISH I knew what FINALLY made me commit to a diet because before that, I had zero discipline when it came to eating. I was 'medicating' myself with food as Dr. Phil calls it. What made me get to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore? I don't know. What made me finally feel like I couldn't go on like that anymore and commit to this diet? I don't know. I truly wish I did! It was like smoking. I had to cold turkey - just stop. I couldn't do it until I was ready. You sound ready. Just stopping is so much easier said than done. It takes strength to overcome those inner battles. I'll include you in my prayers to overcome those temptations. One thing is for sure, just as you did it before, you can do it again! We believe in you. Believe in yourself too. We're gonna make it if we try.

A MF pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby turtle53 » August 14th, 2004, 3:24 pm

TamiL,
I can relate to what you are saying. I was doing so well on the full medifast diet, my vacation came before I got to my goal wieght. Now I can't get back to it.
I really believe what made it possible before is when I took 2 days and went on the no carb diet first. Just ate meat, vegtables, salad nothing else but ate all I wanted. Then the third day I was able to stick with the medifast and not crave the pasta and sugar!
Hey, If you want, let's do this together! I have gained back about 5 pounds and if I keep it up, I will be the good year blimp again! :oops: I have another 50 pounds to go.... to be chunky! 70 pounds would be nice! I am seriously going to start this all over again. Even if I did just lose my job, (my position being eliminated) in the middle of our new room addition, a sunroom and spa! I really need to succeed at something right now!
My new incentive is to look good in the bathing suit in the spa!
I know this will work, look at Nancy! She is such a great inspiration!
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 14th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Hi TamiL,

Hello from a fellow MA "inmate"!

Tami, we're here for you all the way. It does sound like you are determined this time, and that's great! I have suffered my whole life from the "I'll do it tomorrow" syndrome and I finally figured out that my whole problem for my entire life is that somewhere in my brain I think I'll starve to death if I don't eat! Couple that with being a carb-oholic and I was doomed.

It sounds like you could really benefit from some sessions with a nutritionist while you are MF'ing it this time. That way when you go back to "real" food, you'll have a much better time adjusting, and be much more knowlegable about what you can eat and the consequences of eating the wrong things. Personally, I thought I knew pretty much everything about food and always fought recommendations to see a nutritionist. When I finally did, I was amazed at just how much I DID NOT KNOW about food and the way it metabolizes.

Stick with us, we'll get you through it this time!

- Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » August 14th, 2004, 9:04 pm

TamiL ~

Oooh, I am so sorry that you were on the downward spiral but the good news is this: you recognized you were helpless and we recognze that you are NOT hopeless! Here we are being helpful! :stroll:

Dust the crumbs off of your chin and mix up a great tasting shake and stay outta the cupboards and refer! Empty them of everything dangerous. Everything! I even dumped ketchup when we started the weight loss phase!

Change your driving route if your current one goes by candy shops, fast food joints and restaurants. :drive:

Make a rule for yourself: "On my way to and from work, the only reason I get out of my car is to buy gas."

Then pay at the pump and do NOT enter the store! Avoid the candy, pop, chips and junk at the counters!

Write out some positive affirmations and then read them aloud - many times per day. Example: I drink my shakes exactly on time. :water: I enjoy having several glasses of water between my shakes. I like how it feels to be able to easily zip my pants. :scratch: I make wise choices about the things I eat and drink. I am choosing the healthy way to live. :thumbup: I am in control of my eating plan.

Set your Medifast food on the counter and lay out your shake meals for the next day BEFORE you go to bed. Don't watch ANY TV commercials!

Avoid all :twisted: for a few weeks until you regain your strength to fight the :x .

We are :D you returned and are resolved to go for the goal, TamiL. We know you can do it, right Team?

TamiL, be careful - be very careful... :whip: Guido is out there and he is looking for YOU! Leopard Woman has her good eye on you! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Ria » August 15th, 2004, 6:48 am

Hi Tami,

I can so relate to what you are feeling right now. I would wager that it is like a physical pain. I just want you to know that I was in the same boat three months ago. Then I found this forum and you! Your posts gave me hope and kept me hanging on until I got that this was a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I KNOW you can do it! You can lose those extra pounds you gained THIS month! I bet that tomorrow you will be under 170.

C'mon girlie lets do this!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Landylue » August 15th, 2004, 7:42 am

A HUGE welcome back, Tami! You know that we all understand. We've all been exactly where you are and felt what you are feeling. You are soooooo not alone.

Take Nancy's advice to heart. Those are true words of wisdom. And if you haven't bought Dr. Phil's book as yet, run out today and do so. Again, incredible wisdom!

We're all pulling for you, Tami. I encourage you to hang tough!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ria » August 15th, 2004, 8:01 am

LandyLue!!! I am soooo glad that you are still here!!!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2004, 8:07 am

Landy! :cleader: YA-A-A-Y- Y-Y!

I spoke with Ria by phone this morning (she is in Atlanta!!) and we were just talking about YOU - how much we have MISSED you, LL.

Don't EVER go away!

I have found that when active Forum Friends go away and don't tell us they are going on vacation or that they will be away from their :puter: 'puter temporarily, we know that they are UP to something and for Foodies, that usually means they are getting into :twisted: dangerous territory and that they are off-program. :x (not that You are!)

You have worked :table: too hard to get that flabbage off and we do not want it ever to come back. We want to get it off and keep it off 4 ever!

3 shakes and a bar a day keep the Fat Fairy away!

TamiL. LandyLue & Ria, etc. Go for the victory - it's in a little shaker jar! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Landylue » August 15th, 2004, 11:45 am

I have a feeling that both Tami and I will have to ultimately be 'voted off the island' to get us to leave this forum for good. And I know that won't ever happen.

Where else would either of us go to find the understanding and the empathy that is available from the people on this forum? Where else would we go for such a wealth of encouragement and positive coaching?

At least for me, I'm gonna keep showing up like a bad penny.

Have I ever said how much I appreciate you guys?

LandyLue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue

Postby TamiL » August 15th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Thanks Guys....
It is amazing how much support you get when you come here...I just need to get back into the habit of setting aside time to get to the forum...because in the beginning...the people here are what kept me on track!!
as nancy said..I know Guido is out there searching for me..hes lurking around every corner just waiting for me to mess up again...and today is day 2...so far so good!! I bought a NEW JOURNAL today to start writing in...keeping track of my shakes and times...etc. just as I did when I started!!
WITH SOME MOTIVATION and the kind words from all of you....I WILL DO THIS and NOT GIVE IN to the food this time.... ;)

Looks like I have a MF Shakin Pal right here in Massachusetts..not to far away...(Gerald) we will all pull for each other....the support here is like no other!!

Landylue..you are doing so great...IM so proud of you!! still going strong...your an inspiration...so are the newest pictures of Nancy I just saw in her sexy outfits!! WOW!! nancy..you look terriffic!! :D

THANKS guys....
Tami

TamiL

Postby explorthis » August 16th, 2004, 8:57 am

I know Guido is out there searching for me..hes lurking around every corner just waiting for me to mess up again...and today is day 2...so far so good!!

No he is not. He is here, watching, reading, and is GLAD YOUR BACK! He wants to help in anyway he can.

Please, stay here, post often. Nancy said something interesting, though it has not happened to me, seems logical. I am not sure if this is true or not, but:

I have found that when active Forum Friends go away and don't tell us they are going on vacation or that they will be away from their 'puter temporarily, we know that they are UP to something and for Foodies, that usually means they are getting into dangerous territory and that they are off-program

True? Beats me, but stick with this, stick with the board. Make this place your open journal, let us in. Let us help.

Guido, out (but here)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby TamiL » August 17th, 2004, 6:28 am

Thanks Mike...so good to hear from you....you always kept me motivated!! :-P

I almost made it thru day three yesterday...but I blew it.. :x .so here it is...another try...day 1 again, I will not give up this time...I WONT. ;)

Here is to day 1....you all are my support...thank you.
Tami
:-P

TamiL

Postby Carrie » August 17th, 2004, 6:41 am

C'mon Tami Girl, you are tougher than the food. Look at it as the enemy.

We're gonna bust through the first three days blues together!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sudaoning » August 17th, 2004, 7:13 am

Years ago when I was became an exercise nut (transformed from one who skipped gym class cause I was too embarassed to be there. My mantra was "Just do it". If I didn't feel like jogging, or whatever, the only condition was JUST DO IT. Sometimes I ended up doing less than usual, but I did keep on track and continued improving and eventually looked forward to that time. If I did less it was just a bump in the road, but did not change the course.

Tami maybe it woulld help and ease the frustration if you simply overlooked your little slips so far....not let them be such an issue and sourse of guilt, and continued on the path. Does that make sense in some way? Your resolve is not to slip. But if you do, it's irrelevant. You Will stay the course.

Just do it.

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Return to The Weight Room