Choosing how we're living...(was Another Einstein Quote...)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Choosing how we're living...(was Another Einstein Quote...)

Postby gr8views » November 14th, 2004, 3:11 pm

(See previous thread http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1741&highlight=einstein)

Found another Einstein quote that fits us... At least I think it fits me!

"How many people are trapped in their everyday habits: part numb, part frightened, part indifferent? To have a better life we must keep choosing how we're living." -- Einstein

I like this one! I was trapped in an everyday habit - that of turning to food for companionship, for comfort, to dispel boredom... No more! Time to choose!
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » November 14th, 2004, 7:20 pm

Thanks, gr8views. I like that, too. That seems to be the me who's present when I'm not pleased with the choices I AM making, frankly. Or who, perhaps, is frightened by the choices that I'm making, sure that they are self-sabotaging.

It feels better to have the confidence that one is NOT undermining oneself, to be making those choices, unequivocably.

Choosing is an important skill to master; even not choosing is choosing, as they say, but I dare say that we don't necessarily get what's optimal for us by means of passivity. I believe we should be as reconciled as possible to a course of action, "choose" and then be alert to be sure that the outcome is, indeed, the one we bargained for.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby fedup » November 15th, 2004, 8:23 am

Great quote! That's what we are all doing, and need to continue to do... CHOOSING our lives!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room