Little victories...

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby doglover » May 6th, 2005, 12:16 am

I come from a family of 6. We too had "family style" meals w/ all the food on the table and being passed around. I really remember it was like a pack of wolves. We'd all have to hurry up and eat to get seconds before someone else got it! And my dad never thought a meal was complete unless there was desert!

MOST days we do not have food on the table at my house. We fill our plates in the kitchen and then walk to the table. That way if anyone wants more they ahve to really want it in order to go back to the kitchen! My kids have AWESOME eating habits! I am so proud of that!
Donna (my real name too!)
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » May 6th, 2005, 6:49 am

Donna, would you adopt me? Maybe you can help teach me some new eating habits. I'll just hang out and watch your (other) kids, and do what they do... You have room, right? ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 7:09 am

Dean, you jest, but my husband and my boys have already started begging me to buy paper plates so that they don't have to do the dishes. :roll:

D~~ We leave the food in the kitchen also. I think that really does help. Of course, we run about 4 out of 7 nights a week so there aren't a lot of prepared meals anyway. That is something I said I would not do, but my youngest son plays every sport known to man, I think, and we are constantly on the go. I have tried to teach good eating habits, but I sure didn't give them a good example. :cry:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » May 6th, 2005, 7:50 am

Jest? Me?.....since when have I ever been known to jest? :shock:

Doing dishes is a task that NO guy likes.......and I would imagine not many women like it either.

If I was a male household member of yours...........I would:

A. Recommend Paper Plates

B. Bring home fast food and eat it off the wrappers or from the containers it came in.

C. Complain that EVERYONE else uses a dishwasher to clean the dishes.......after all, dishwashers have been around for decades now, right? Also, I would point out that the water temperature inside the dishwasher is MUCH higher than my hands could stand.........therefore, this method KILLS germs and bacteria better......and will make our family HEALTHIER!

D. Pretend to be clumsy and drop a dish or two on a regular basis while washing or drying them..........until you told me that I was TOO CLUMSY to do the dishes and that I was not allowed to wash them anymore.

E. If for some reason there was NO dishwasher in the house.........on Sunday, you would get one for Mother's Day! :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 8:00 am

Allow me to clarify myself........when I say do the dishes I actually mean clean out the dishwasher and put them away. (I often cannot find a certain bowl or knife because, of course, they don't know where they go). But I try not to complain if things get put in the wrong place. They try to tell me cleaning out the dishwasher is a girl's job. I usually say, :coach: "Quit your whining, Nancy, and get busy!" (Everybody Loves Raymond :D )

Either my husband or I (usually him) load the dishwasher. He says, "You cooked, I'll clean." What a guy!

They still want paper plates. Go figure! :scratchhead:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » May 6th, 2005, 8:10 am

OOPS!

I take it ALL back then. Using....loading.....unloading.....a DISHWASHER, are non-gender based activities. I would never complain about having to use the dishwasher......... (maybe that is because I am old enough to remember what it was like BEFORE dishwashers were commonplace)

Tell those guys to quit whining and unload the darn dishwasher!!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 8:52 am

Actually I wouldn't mind getting a new dishwasher for Mother's Day. We just built our house and moved in last June. This was the 1st time we had ever done anything like that. I got all new appliances including new washer and dryer (I bought the monster ones and LOVE 'em). However, the builder supplied the stove, microwave (above stove) and dishwasher. For some reason, I failed to ask what he would be putting in because I could have upgraded. YUCK! the dishwasher is a total piece of junk.......and loud to boot. Everything else is fine, but I hate the dishwasher.

I've told my boys several times that doing dishes is a non-gender task. I usually end by saying, "Do I make myself clear?" And my boys respond, "CRYSTAL". :D

Rae, we have gone from talking about your victory to dishwashers???? :scratch: :?: I love this forum, anything can happen here. :mrgreen:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » May 6th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Well Jodie we are sooooooooooooo far off task now that I hardly feel right responding to your original post about your VICTORY........but I can at least say that I am SO EXCITED for you! NOW you are on the right track and getting into your groove. I expect most will go a little hog wild in the very beginning--only to have a dash of reality set in quickly and jolt us right back. OR there are the terribly sad few that will start back on those old binges and never see the light of day again. YOU of course are one of the former and not the latter :D I'm glad to see you are back on track with working out MY (oops I mean your) maintenance plan ;)

As for all the rest of you goobers...lol........I just love you people :D

Goodnight and big hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » May 7th, 2005, 7:06 am

Absolutely Rae - you can move in any time! I'm making room for you right now!

I HATE unloading the dishwasher! I love to load it and am quite obsessive about how it's done actually but I HATE to empty it! Weird, I know.

Donica - get a new dishwasher! It is so worth it. We are about 98% done w/ a total kitchen remodel and I have all new appliances. I LOVE my new d/w! It is big and quiet! Get one girl- for something you use every day it is so worth it!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 7th, 2005, 9:25 am

Well Jodie we are sooooooooooooo far off task now that I hardly feel right responding to your original post about your VICTORY........

....I don't think it is fair that Christi is the ONLY one that knows Rae's real name. I wish the rest of us could know it too... :cry:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby LilMsTexas » May 7th, 2005, 10:28 am

oops :shock: sorry I apparantly let the cat out of the bag
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » May 7th, 2005, 12:33 pm

......okay...........I'm confused.... :? .....I've seen Christi refer to Rae as Jodie quite a few times and thought.......... :hmmm: .....maybe Christi was just confused.... :scratch: ......or maybe it was a secret.......... :secret: ..... joke name..... :huh: .....so now that the cat's out of the bag..........is Rae undercover...... :?: ..... :shock: .....maybe in the witness protection program......... :whistle: ......she did have that Krispy Kreme dilema.... :oops: ........sure glad my buddy Dean is on top of things...... ;) ..........(and I'm not talking about Heidi)

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bk » May 7th, 2005, 12:42 pm

my family had a very simple way of handling not wanting to do the dishes. whoever cooked didn't have to clean, and whoever didn't cook had to clean. i hated doing the dishes so much that i just cooked dinner for the family on a regular basis. then THEY did the dishes and i was off the hook!

but go figure, because now i am absolutely PSYCHOTIC about doing the dishes. :) and i don't have one of those high-falutin dishwashers y'all are talking about!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 7th, 2005, 1:38 pm

dlr2424 wrote:......okay...........I'm confused.... :? .....I've seen Christi refer to Rae as Jodie quite a few times and thought.......... :hmmm: .....maybe Christi was just confused.... :scratch: ......or maybe it was a secret.......... :secret: ..... joke name..... :huh: .....so now that the cat's out of the bag..........is Rae undercover...... :?: ..... :shock: .....maybe in the witness protection program......... :whistle: ......she did have that Krispy Kreme dilema.... :oops: ........sure glad my buddy Dean is on top of things...... ;) ..........(and I'm not talking about Heidi)

Donna...dlr2424

Yep, I have seen the reference a few times too....but I let it slide.....

....Christi.......we are just teasing you.......I hope you don't think that you did anything wrong....cause you didn't.

BUT......we now know LOTS of stuff about Rae that we did not know before..........her name, that she is a CAT.........that she lived in a BAG...........but now she moved OUT of the BAG because Christi gave her permission...........but.....to where? ....a cardboard box maybe?

Besides........her REAL name is Rae.........she only told Christi the other name.......which is a fake one.

......and ........Donna.........I caught that little inuendo at the end of your post........hehe (contrary to popular belief..........an INUENDO is NOT an Italian Suppository)

Happy Saturday to you ALL.....AND.....although its' been said many times many ways.....(no, not Merry Christmas)..........HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS ON THE FORUM!!! ..........and to ALL a GOOD night!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » May 7th, 2005, 1:54 pm

BK~~ girl, you have got to get you a dishwasher. Even though I hate mine, I still prefer it over actually washing the dishes. While you're out on one of your shopping trips, go to Best Buy or Lowes. I know they don't have clothes there, but...........they do have those new fangled dishwashers. :mrgreen:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance