Like Donica, I lost my will

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Like Donica, I lost my will

Postby junglejane » June 14th, 2005, 12:16 pm

OK, YOu haven't heard from me in so long you probably don't remember me. There are so many new names here that I don't know. I took a few weeks off for various reasons (excuses really). It has taken 3 weeks for me to get my will back and my drive again. I guess the kicker was finally getting on the scale and seeing that I gained 8 pounds! I wanted to cry. I decided I could either gain it all back or reverse the process and I am choosing to reverse the process. I lost 5 of it last week and hopefully lose the other 3 this week. Then I can start just where I left off. I figure taking 2 weeks to get back to where I was is better than gaining another few pouonds over those same 2 weeks. I am not ever giving up. I don't care how many "pauses" I take in the future, I will NOT give up. If it takes 2 years to reach goal so be it. It is better than NEVER reaching the goal.

Just want to take a moment to congratulate everyone for their successes.I can do that now that I don't envy or resent them anymore. I did unjustly do that these past few weeks. Sorry, I think it is part of the mental thing of gaining. Nothing personal just couldn't handle hearing how successful everyone was while I was in an embarrassing flounder. I hope to one day post my success story and pics. This will be truly a day of celebration of life for me.------Still very Jungley Jane
We will emerge to show the beauty within...

junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby doglover » June 14th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Hey Jungle Jane! Welcome back! I am so glad to see you. I was thinking about you just the other day! Glad you're back and we're here to chear you on! Yes, I am STILL here. Rae's turtle found my house!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby monkeymom » June 14th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Hey JungleJane, I remember you. Sounds to me like you didn't loose your willpower, it was just on hiatus for a bit. Reread your post, there is so much power and strength in there! Taking 2 weeks to get that gain off is nothing. I remember the days when it took me more than a month to loose 8 pounds.

Now that you're right back on track, keep that bunny hopping the right direction.........you can do it.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 14th, 2005, 3:32 pm

One question: Where was your will hiding? Maybe that will help me find mine. hehe :mrgreen:

I'm glad you were able to get back to it. Reading your post was encouraging and I agree.......I don't care how long it takes me.......I will succeed. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!

Thank you for sharing your frustrations.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Guest » June 14th, 2005, 3:50 pm

Donica, I think my will was hiding under wine and cheese from what I can tell. :lol: Now the wine and cheese is hiding in my thighs! Now if only I could find somewhere to hide my thighs......

Postby Guest » June 14th, 2005, 3:54 pm

OK obviously that was me Jungle Jane :roll:

Postby martha » June 14th, 2005, 8:31 pm

Jungle Jane-- love your name--- Hi I'm Martha and I guess I came on after you left.. so glad you are back and I get to know you though our forum.. I love your post about the thigh thing-- I'm looking for a place to hide mine too..Just wanted to say Hi :lol: --martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Re: Like Donica, I lost my will

Postby Spunky » June 15th, 2005, 10:03 am

junglejane wrote:OK, I don't care how many "pauses" I take in the future, I will NOT give up. If it takes 2 years to reach goal so be it. It is better than NEVER reaching the goal.------Still very Jungley Jane

Jungle Jane~ Girl, you are back - that is the main thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ought to read a few of my posts. They are all over the place. I even had to put 20 pounds on my record due to a bad scale. Lots of pitfalls, gains, and stalls since February. Anyway, I am back on track. If I can do it you can do it kiddo! There are going to be ups and downs.

Your MF team is sooooooo here for you!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » June 15th, 2005, 11:37 am

JungleJane and Spunky----------

You both are going to do great!!!!!!!!!!! the main thing is you both are back on track and not letting food control you ... good luck this week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby junglejane » June 15th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Thanks spunky and Martha. I had forgotten how very supportive this group really is. Thanks everyone for welcoming me back with open arms and positive vibes!

junglejane

Postby dlr2424 » June 15th, 2005, 3:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:Donica, I think my will was hiding under wine and cheese from what I can tell. :lol: Now the wine and cheese is hiding in my thighs! Now if only I could find somewhere to hide my thighs......

............ :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

great comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............and actually...... :thumbup: ......great for coming back........ :yeah: ..........I applaud your perseverence........ :clap: ....... haven't forgotten you..... :no: ....and moreso now with a picture of you and your precious child in mind..... :D ....let's say you never left..........you simply had a readjustment...... :mrgreen: .....keep strong.............. :angel:

Donna........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby junglejane » June 15th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Thanks, dlr, you are a shining giving star!

junglejane

Return to The Weight Room