Lifting and exercise / MF 70 Shakes?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Lifting and exercise / MF 70 Shakes?

Postby MomsTherapy » July 8th, 2005, 1:43 pm

I am starting my second week of MF and I was an exercisererer ;) before I started. But I quit and I didn't do anything for my first week. Today is day 1 of week 2 so I started back. Treadmill, my cindy crawford "new dimension" video (love it!) or free weights, alternating 5-6 days a week. :weightlift: I read I cannot do more than 45 minutes of training of anykind - that I need to keep it to 20 minutes. Why is that? I mean I usually would do 20-60 depending on the day, but if I want to Treadmill for 6 hours :treadjog: (yeah right) why can you not do that? 6 hours...yeah...that's funny....

Now my (other) question is this: Do I need to change over to the 70 shakes? I hope not, as I just ordered the next two weeks of 55s. It never even occured to me until today that if I am doing muscle training that I might need that extra protein.

BUT, I don't really get hungry between shakes (not yet anyways). Just when it is the right time for another shake.

Your shake and exercise befuddled friend :lol: ,
~Leah~
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 8th, 2005, 9:09 pm

Leah - Good for your for getting back to working out !!! I am not certain as I am new too, but my guess is that your body is adjusting to MF. It is getting use to less calories and this is stressfull - it can't tolerate the added stress that working out brings. But I am very glad that you asked as I also like to workout and have been curious. Best of luck with it and continued success :-P Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » July 9th, 2005, 12:20 pm

Since you are accustomed to exercising and your current weight is not what I would consider to be extreme in terms of putting stress on your joints, I suggest that you allow your body to let you know how much exercise is right for you.

As always, when one is exercising, it is important to drink plenty of water, have a shake about a half an hour before your work out and follow it up with a bar or another shake.

In general it takes approximately three weeks for our body to adapt to using its stored energy reserves and you may feel fatigue earlier than usual. While the 5 and 1 is not considered to be a VLCD, like the Complete Meal replacement program, one must be wise in the amount of exercise they perform. Your intake is about 850-1000 calories a day so I tell folks to not train for a marathon on this amount of food – it won’t support it.

As time goes by, you may increase the intensity of your workouts. You may need some Fast Soup or some bouillon to help you recover if you pit out a lot. Slow is the way to go initially, gradually increase the intensity and duration as your body increases its effectiveness.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 9th, 2005, 8:35 pm

Thanks Nancy! I appreciate it!
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 9th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Thanks Nancy - I really like the gym for stress management and am looking forward to heading back. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss