Leave Encouraging Message Here - DESPERATE IN SAN DIEGO

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Leave Encouraging Message Here - DESPERATE IN SAN DIEGO

Postby mytime » September 30th, 2005, 5:21 am

Well the last 2 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds per week. Yes the prior 2 weeks I had lost 4 each week. Last week my computer crashed and I some how managed to get Strep Throat and have been on antibiotics. So I have been disconnected and sick and now well DESPERATE !!!!! I have stayed on program but YIKES. So this week in an attempt to lose more than 2 pounds I gave up my bars and have been doing 4 shakes, one oatmeal and my nonMF meal. I have only lost one pound so far this week. Now I know I am a big baby - but PLEASE HELP ME !!!!! My mind is going bonkers - you will not lose the wt - you are going to be stuck in the 190's - you thought this would work for you but now you will not lose any more wt etc etc etc etc etc. I have been drinking my water. I don't know. My husband says it is good b/c my wt is now settling - NOOOOOO. I want it to settle somewhere else. I want to wake up and see four pounds gone. Ok, I feel better- my scale might get hurt but I do feel better. Thank you. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby betz » September 30th, 2005, 5:52 am

I haven't had any loss at all for two weeks, so I can identify. Hang in there, it'll come off.

On my best week I never lost more than 2 lbs so you're doing great in my book!!

Your body might be fighting you but you're bound to win. There just isn't enough coming IN to it to hold on to those reserves for long. :) Heck, it's probably just trying to hold onto stores of energy because you were sick. Might be the medication--who knows?

Toss that scale for a week, you're doing great!
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » September 30th, 2005, 6:07 am

2 lbs. a week is GREAT!

PERSIST!!!
Don't give up - you've come way too far already!

You're doing great - can't wait till I have 50 off my belt!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby gr8bnme » September 30th, 2005, 7:34 am

I was in the same boat just a few weeks ago. 1 week I gained a few ounces and I don't cheat at all. I follow exactly. The next week I lost a few ounces and I felt terrible. It was really disappointed. But I had read all the posts about the "plateau" and I figured it had finally happened to me. Then the next week it all got better and here I am 3 weeks later and i've lost 8 lbs. So keep your chin up. You are doing great and if it is a plateau (although a 2 lb a week plateau is awesome), your normal weight loss will resume.
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby jentuke » September 30th, 2005, 7:41 am

Mytime,

Your progress sounds great and you have already lost a ton of weight. It only seems natural that your body would need to take a breather. I've noticed that when my weight loss slows, I notice that my pants start falling off me. It seems to go in waves, I lose weight, then it slows, then I lose a size, then more weight, and on and on. So, even though the scale isn't budging much, your body still has a ton of stuff to do on the inside to compensate for all the weight lost. Stick with it, everything will get going again. Stay strong, stay on program. You can do it!
jentuke
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 30th, 2005, 8:11 am

Mytime...........everyone has given you great advice.... :hug: ....I understand it is discouraging.......but if your doing it right it will come off.... :huh: ..sometimes slower than others..... :angel: .......pray for patience..... :yes: ...and you will see great results........ :?: ......besides what other plan out there provides the excellant nutrition and fast results that MF does? ......keep your head high and shake away

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Mix it up?

Postby Toxsiq » September 30th, 2005, 2:15 pm

I've read a few of these stories about the dreaded plateau now.... I am tryin to learn how do deal w/ stuff before it happens to me, because eventually we'll all go through it...so... isn't a plateau a time when your body gets used to the certain level of calories it's geting and reacclumates itself to maintain, therefore that would be a time to drop calories (which we apparently shouldn't do on MF) or burn calories w/exercise? I know the exercise question comes up a lot and I totally get it, but wouldn't a plateau indicate that your body is prepared (in regards to weightloss) for exercise?
The MF rules and reasons aren't always identical to what I'd initially think so I could be way off...

xoxo Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby Gwenski » September 30th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Mytime-

First of all -- step AWAY from the scale and take a HUGE deep (cleansing) breathe. You are fine. Completely and totally fine. Your mind isn't going bonkers, you body fought off being sick, you were forced to detox from the computer and now the scale is giving you grief. Give it right back.

Your weightloss is fabulous and as long as the numbers are going down, don't stress yourself out. I read on another post that someone would do straight MF for a few days to rejuvenate their system....? The idea to add a little more exercise sounded good to me.

Monitoring the scale is more than a "guilty pleasure" - it can be harmful as we then give it too much control. Try, try, try to step off and only do it once a week -- please!!!! Being women and all, our bodies do odd things and everyone's weight fluctuates daily and weekly.

Did I mention that you are fine??????? You are - give you system a chance to catch up with you and keep putting one foot in front of the other - you are doing GREAT!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Slow Down

Postby Jan » September 30th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Hi,
There are many things which effect weight loss or lack there of. Stress, physical or mental, hormones, lack of sleep, illness to name a few. You certainly can claim a couple. Everyone loses weight at their own pace. For some weight loss is consistant and steady. For others it can be slow and irregular. The important thing is just to not give up. The best advice is to avoid the scale if it is discouraging to you. I know our weight can vary during the day -- probably fluid levels. Remember if you are compliant on program, eat everything , don't add things and drink your water you will lose weight. I sometimes joke and say your body is just deciding what it wants to part with next. Don't worry it will soon begin parting with the pounds again.
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mytime » October 1st, 2005, 9:46 pm

I am so very grateful to each and everyone one of you !!!!!!!! I am happy to announce that I am typing this from my computer - AT HOME. It has been forever and gosh did I miss everyone. I saw a good friend today and she could not believe how different I look. It was weird, I was happy yes of course, but well I have never ever had anything work like MF and I think I am just so afraid that it will stop and I will be stuck like so many times before. After this next 10 pounds the wt I will be losing will be new wt. Not wt I have lost before but new ground - I want to be thin. I want to be below 180 for the first time as an adult. SO maybe thats why I am so eager and am spending so much time craving the wt loss and less time reflecting on how much I have lost. There is a bigger lesson in here for me and without boring you I will add that I am the same in all areas of my life - somewhat intense - ok really intense - and rarely satisfied. Hmm something to ponder. On a good note I have remained compliant and through a twist of fate am actually doing just MF today - not 5 and 1 although I had considered just MF for a while anyway - so I will let you know if it helps. Also, the big difference this time other than how amazing MF is, is that I have each of you. I read your posts, cheer for you and completely get your struggles and for the first time in my lifetime I am with others who totally get it. THANK YOU !!! I will keep you posted and hope you will do the same MF FRIENDS. It feels soooo nice to be home on the site and to have access to each of you. I can't wait to sit down with some MF and catch up with each of you, :goteam: Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby martha » October 1st, 2005, 10:03 pm

MYTIME--

I am so glad to see you are doing better.. You know you are losing inches when you are not losing weight if you stayed the course(and I know you have) :mrgreen: your clothes will be hanging off you :mrgreen: Sometimes our bodies need to catch up with all th weight loss--so it stops and regroups.. you are losing 2# each week and that's great.. Keep up the good work and all of your weight will be gone BYE-BYE :mrgreen: I can't wait till you are below 180#..You are doing GREAT on program..Keep up the good work and let's melt away some pounds :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » October 3rd, 2005, 9:28 pm

Martha - as always thanks - Gwenski - just wanted to let you know hwo much I appreciate your support and love your posts. You have such a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR !!! Thanks again everyone. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Return to The Weight Room