San Diego residents and CA teachers

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

San Diego residents and CA teachers

Postby sidrah » March 21st, 2009, 3:41 pm

I am like 70/30 on the side of going to work in San Diego. Can you explain to me the reciprocal process for certification. I know the websites say whatever, but I thought real person answers might be better.

I know I need a TB and CA clearance for fingerprints test, anything else?
Is the state test hard? I figure if I passed NY's tests I am going to be okay.

Anyone actually in San Diego that can give me some opinions on good/better/best school districts in terms of how teachers are treated and student achievement, both. Anyone know of job openings?

What about unions. In AZ, there are squat, so I end up working forever to do my job assigned to me. Back home, I would be yelled at for working beyond hours.

Wow. internet is great, but people answers mean so much more. Thanks for any help you can provide. You are helping me make my decision (see my latest journal for all the stimulating details :-P )
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Mike » April 16th, 2009, 2:30 pm

California has alot of requirements now. You pretty much have to have the 2nd language learner certification (either CLAD, BCLAD, or what used to be LDS, SB1969, SB395.. I dont even know what its called now).
You have to be certified according to NCLB standards, which basically means you have a current teaching credential in the subject you are going to teach in, and have passed the content area tests or done the waiver program.
What I would do is goto the California state website and get the requirements listed from there.

www DOT ctc DOT ca DOT gov/credentials/out-of-state DOT html

As for San Diego... I know it beautiful, and its one place I would live if I were to ever move... but I don't know specifics about the schools.

Good luck.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MyComplete180 » April 18th, 2009, 3:08 pm

For the record we know you are here...hope to see ya around more 8)
MyComplete180
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to What's Shakin'