I am desperate

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I am desperate

Postby Lisa in NY » August 2nd, 2005, 9:16 am

I am at my wit's end trying to lose weight. I'm actually a Lifetime Member of WW who has gained all my weight back plus over the years. Have tried WW and basically stay the same, despite my best efforts. My theory is that I eat healthy to begin with so anything I do has to be DRASTIC in order for me to see results. I am over 100 lbs. overweight and am seriously considering Medifast or Optifast. PLEASE would any of you email me privately at <snip>no emails please - Mr. Snippy</snip> so I can "pick your brain" about this program before I talk to my doctor about it ? So far I like what I have read and seen on here so I am extremely anxious to hear from anyone! Thank you so much.

Lisa

<comment>please register on the forum and add your email address to your profile - members will then be able to email you through the forum button - this rule is for member's protection from spam - Thanks -UT</comment>
Lisa in NY

Desperate

Postby Jan » August 2nd, 2005, 5:36 pm

Hi Lisa,
There are many people -- just like you -- on the Medifast program. Most of us have tried every "diet" known. I know Nancy says she tried every "diet" know to woman. This is a program -- not a diet. It is a medical program that is safe and affective. If you are compliant the weight comes off. It is nutritionally sound so you generally feel great after the first 3 days or so. It takes your body that long to adapt to the program. The neat thing about this is that it is so structured that you really can't go wrong. You eat what you are given for the most part and only make a choice with other food one time a day. Then it's not difficult you are only choosing the type of your lean meat and a veggie or salad. Not difficult at all. You'll see resluts pretty quickly and of course you'll get lots and lots of support thur the people of the forum. Good luck -- get started soon -- you'll be very glad you did. Give yourself an early present for the holidays.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 2nd, 2005, 7:21 pm

Dear Lisa ~

Desperate is how most of us felt when we got started.

I speak to men and women every week who feel just the way you do and that is why this Forum is here - to give hope to the hopeless.

I have lifetime memberships in several weight loss companies. I am here because the Take Shape For Program works and Medifast products have been proven for nearly a quarter of a century now to help people lose weight.

It has been three years since I began my weight loss journey, I lost 130 pounds and it changed my life with every shake I slurped.

Medifast works for all people - people who are metabollically challenged are able to lose weight because of the unique nutritional balance.

Just take the time to read through each of the webpages - we are all real people who were really worried about whether or not this would work for us; whether we could stick to it or not.

We are glad we did and we hope that you will consider it, too.

Look at the Studio and see the pictures - the glorious pictures of happy healthy people!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » August 3rd, 2005, 9:41 am

Lisa...... :mrgreen: ....Medifast will be the best choice you will have made..... :yes: ....I too have tried every diet known to mankind and I am happy to say this is the ONLY one who (for me) delivered great RESULTS..... :thumbup: .....not to mention all the wonderfull side benefits you reap as well........ :clap: ...the nutrition is amazing........ :star: ...the simplicity speaks for itself....... :bib: .....the food is excellant...... :eat: .....delicious..... :secret: ......and well I could go on & on..........I say check this forum out thouroughly and GO FOR IT!!!!!....... :mrgreen: ......you will be amazed

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 3rd, 2005, 7:36 pm

LISA--

I too must toot Medifast's Horn :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I did W.Watchers years ago and lost 90# in 6 months.. kept it off awhile only to start re-eating exactly like I did before..All programs work if you follow them but I must tell you this is the easiest I have ever done and I have done them ALL.. Feel free to email me or Private message me below and I would be sooo happy to answer anything I can for you..If I can't answer it I know plenty who can..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tk » August 4th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Lisa, I am also going to "chime" in! This is the BEST program I have EVER been on. It works, it's not difficult and It WORKS!! I've also tried every diet on God's green earth. I've been on Phen-fen and have tried every other pills and what nots. Nothing has worked as well as MF. Oh, sure Phen-fen worked, but when it was taken off the market I gained everything back - PLUS more.

You are doing the right thing by researching and asking questions. Hope you give it a try!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Thank you !

Postby Lisa in NY » August 5th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Just want to thank all of you for your replies. I've been reading this forum constantly and doing all the research I can on Medifast during the last few days. I am almost certain that I will be ordering a month's supply very soon.

I am curious though, does anyone do any kind of "modified" Medifast program, such as eating a green salad with the lunch shake in addition to a green salad for your Lean & Green meal, and if so, do you see quick results? My concern is that I will need more vegetables.

Thank you for your help!
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby Nancy » August 5th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Dear Lisa in NY ~

Re:
does anyone do any kind of "modified" Medifast program, such as eating a green salad with the lunch shake in addition to a green salad for your Lean & Green meal, and if so, do you see quick results? My concern is that I will need more vegetables.

You ask a very interesting question... :scratchhead: lemme see here, this sounds like you want to know if people mess with the program, eh? :scratch:

I'm just curious, why would anyone want to?

Well, I do KNOW that people mess with the program and when they do, I always ask myself, "why in the world would they want to or feel like they HAVE to or NEED to?"

Huh? :shades:

The program as outlined in the Quick Start Booklet is 5 packets made with water and a few spices or extracts are permitted to modify the flavor but we do not add veggies to the packets.

The Lean and Green meal is eaten at a separate time from the packets and to make it a balanced meal to maintain an even blood sugar, it is one 7 ounce serving of protein and one 1.5 cup serving of cooked vegetables.

If cooked veggies are not equated with tongue happiness, then instead, we have a small 2 cup green salad (or 1 cup of salad and 3/4 cup of cooked veggies) but we do not have full servings of both at one meal and we do not separate the veggies from the protein.

Quick results happen when we follow the program just as it is written

- Proven program for nearly 25 years
- Substantiated weight loss averages anywhere from two - five pounds per week
- Nutritionally balanced with all the necessary macronutrients in each packet
- Hunger goes away for most people after the third day
- Good energy level
:jumprope: - Improved sense of well-being :boing:

- I lost 135 pounds in 7 months and trust me; I did it by not messing with the program
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Thank you Nancy

Postby Lisa in NY » August 5th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Nancy, thank you - I understand what you're saying - I understand more about the program the more I read. It sounds very scientific which I actually like. Now, another question: what is the first step in ordering? I emailed one of the health advisors and asked the same question - will she be writing me back and getting me started in the process or should I just order everything on my own? Thanks for all your help so far! I'll need all I can get!

Lisa :(
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY

Postby Nancy » August 5th, 2005, 5:28 pm

Nope, don't order on your own - we need to profile you first, we'll help you to select the right things that you will need to enhance your success.

Give your Health Advisor time to respond. This is Friday night and she may be out living life to the edge of all her possibilities! No orders will go out until Monday so if you don't hear back from her until Monday morning, you'll be fine.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room