LadyT

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sojourner » December 21st, 2006, 2:51 am

WTG Tracey!!!
You should be extremely proud of the way you handled the cake situation; heck, I'm proud FOR you!! Cake, shmake - you ROCK!

And good luck with the new job stuff! Awesome NSV about the suit and just the whole deal, girl. Whatever happens, hold your head up and know that you are a woman of strength and will get through whatever comes your way! You were victorious over CAKE!!! TWO cakes, even!!!!!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby LadyT » December 21st, 2006, 8:44 am

Sojourner wrote:WTG Tracey!!!
You should be extremely proud of the way you handled the cake situation; heck, I'm proud FOR you!! Cake, shmake - you ROCK!

And good luck with the new job stuff! Awesome NSV about the suit and just the whole deal, girl. Whatever happens, hold your head up and know that you are a woman of strength and will get through whatever comes your way! You were victorious over CAKE!!! TWO cakes, even!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! :D See - this is why you all kick butt here - only my fellow Medifasters would understand how cool this is!!
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

I'm so weak!!

Postby LadyT » December 25th, 2006, 8:13 pm

I had every intention of being compliant toady, I swear! I started my day doing just fine. I planned ahead and made sure I would have everything I needed to stay on plan today....but of course, I couldn't get through today without caving in. I was fine until my Mom brought out the Key Lime cheeseckae she made. UGH....it was heavenly.
So as I'm sure to be out of ketosis, I am looking at little to no loss this week...thankfully today was my weigh-in day! :roll:
I feel like such a loser that I couldn't say no to the cheesecake...and the handful of peanut m&m's I ate.
Oh well....back on the wagon tomorrow!!!
It was still a great holiday, and even though I went off plan, I had a great time with my family, which is really what the day is all about!
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Re: I'm so weak!!

Postby Karli » December 25th, 2006, 9:06 pm

LadyT wrote:It was still a great holiday, and even though I went off plan, I had a great time with my family, which is really what the day is all about!

That's a really good point, Tracey :) !! The holidays, nor any day actually, are not *really* about whether or not we have been "compliant." They are about really living and enjoying how we live. I guess that's why MF is not really just a diet, but a way of life. Okay, I will of course qualify my broad statement with saying that this is just my current view of things... but, what I quoted from you above really resonated with me and I had to chime in with my "deep thoughts" for the day :-P .

Anyway, just keep going. Tomorrow is new. I have decided that holidays are a little different in that, there is a little more "in your face stuff" to contend with, as well as the general expectation in the air that holidays are about over-indulgence and gaining a little extra (that's why we have new year's so soon after... hee hee... so we can relieve our guilty conscience with "new year's resolutions").

Best wishes,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 26th, 2006, 4:03 am

I probably would have done the same thing when faced with a key lime cheesecake at my mother's house. But my mother is across the country. I am just so cocooned in my little world since I quit my job, no cheesecakes call my name. I know eventually I will have to deal with being around YUMMY looking stuff but the brown rice and beans and traditional English fry-ups (with soy sausage) my husband has around just don't tempt me. I do oogle the pastries at Starbucks everyday, enough that one lady in line commented on it, but she was a police officer and trained to be observant. Yeah, that's the ticket! I know you can get right back on program and be a happy camper, which as THE KARLI pointed out is so very important.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyT » December 26th, 2006, 10:04 am

Thanks ladies...I am definitely back on plan today and am guzzling as much water as I can to help flush out the effects of yesterday. Luckily I have the day off, so I can really concentrate on getting my self back together. I'm just so irritated with myself for caving in the way I did. I have been faced with SO many other temptations lately and I've made it through all that with no problems! But like the wise and wonderful Karli said, "holidays are a little different in that, there is a little more "in your face stuff" to contend with, as well as the general expectation in the air that holidays are about over-indulgence and gaining a little extra"...which is SO true. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "but it's Christmas, have some" yesterday. UGH...! And Biki - your hubby's food wouldn't tempt me either... :no: And I'm on my way to being a happy camper again...(well about being on plan anyway).

Thanks again for the support girls! {{{HUGS}}}
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Job update!!

Postby LadyT » December 27th, 2006, 6:50 pm

I received an offer for the job today! :mrgreen:
I was a little confused when I received it though, because they want me to come on board as a "contractor" initially. I was worried that this meant that they didn't really want to hire me full-time - needless to say it was a bit disconcerting. So...I called the woman I received the offer from to get the scoop. Apparently this is how they hire alot of new employees to make sure it will work out (it had better!) She made sure to let me know that she didn't mean for me to think of it as a "temp" position - they really liked me and think I will be a great fit for the position. I have a friend that works there already, and he assured me that they will make me an employee within the first few weeks or months, and to not worry about it - this is typical of their hiring practices. :scratchhead:
So - all that's left is for me to speak with the woman from the staffing firm and talk about details...but for all intents and purposes, I have a new job!!!
I'm still a bit concerned, so I hope when I speak to the staffing person, she'll relieve some of my fears...
Then I have to worry about giving my notice gracefully... :whattha:
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Postby Sojourner » December 27th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Woo Hoo Tracey!!
Congrats, what a great Xmas gift, huh?

:yay: :yay: :yay:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby LadyT » December 27th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Sojourner wrote:Woo Hoo Tracey!!
Congrats, what a great Xmas gift, huh?

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks Girl!!! I'm excited...and I can't wait to quit my current job!! :lol:
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 27th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Yay!

I told you that you had it in the bag! Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you! My company started me as a freelancer too, but it only lasted 3 weeks!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Karli » December 28th, 2006, 12:49 am

Woooo Hoooo, Tracey !! Congratulations and best wishes :).

Karli
Karli

Postby bikipatra » December 28th, 2006, 4:28 am

What fantastic news! I knew it when you got the second interview and they didn't keep you forever. That was the cursory rubber-stamping of your offer. They already knew you were THE ONE! So groovy!! :hug:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby LadyT » December 28th, 2006, 7:41 am

Thanks Karli, DeDe and Biki!!! :mrgreen:
I'm pretty excited...still waiting to hear from the staffing person though - I may have to make a call!
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Postby jlaman79 » December 28th, 2006, 7:56 am

Congrats on the new job Tracey!

I know we'll be fine after our holiday blunders. As Scarlett O'Hara said "After all, Tomorrow is another day"
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Taangrl21 » December 28th, 2006, 8:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Starting the new year off great already!!!
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal