LadyT

1 Thread per registered User.

Interview Update!

Postby LadyT » December 15th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Update on the job interview.
I wasn't sure how it went...I had a feeling that I could have said things differently or better - basically second guessing everything I said while there, and thinking of things I should have said instead. I just didn't feel prepared - and I was extremely nervous!! :shock:
I sent my nice "thank you" follow-up emails last night and my hubby was trying to "help" and messed up the format on one of my emails and I noticed it was sent all askew...so I sent a second email. I was really bummed out thinking that these people would think I had NO idea what I was doing (I met with 2 people on Thursday):oops: . The second "thank you" email went through with no problem, since my hubby didn't touch it! I know he was just trying to help, but it really bummed me out, since I was already worried about how I did during the interview - I thought I may as well just deal with the fact that I'll be at my current job for another painful year........but wait!!!! What did I receive at 4:52 pm today?????? An email from the Admin. Assistant asking me to come back for a second round interview!! I will be meeting with 3 people this time (they would be my bosses if I get this job), so that was great news for a Friday afternoon!!!!! :kool:
I will be going back either Weds. or Thurs. of next week, and I really hope this will be it. I don't know if I can deal with this interview stress though! :redhead: My stomach is SO bad when I'm nervous...it's such fun to have IBS and a mild to moderate anxiety disorder! :eyecrazy:
Also...I got a visit from Aunt Flo on Monday, so I have been an emotional wreck this week - and my weight is up of course! I have been right on plan this past week, and you would have thought that my nervous stomach episode would have been good for a few ounces lost, but noooooo....I am still up a few ounces as of this morning! :twisted:
I am drinking water like crazy, so I'm hoping I will start going down again before I weigh in on Monday! I was really hoping to lose 2 lbs this week, but even if I maintain, I'll be happy. It's been a stressful week, and I STILL haven't strayed off plan! Yay me...
Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts and wishes! Here's hoping the next round goes as well!
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

YAY!

Postby dede4wd » December 15th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Yay Tracey! Congrats on the second interview! See, what was all that nervousness for, they saw what you had to offer, I'm so happy!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: YAY!

Postby LadyT » December 15th, 2006, 9:45 pm

dede4wd wrote:Yay Tracey! Congrats on the second interview! See, what was all that nervousness for, they saw what you had to offer, I'm so happy!

DeDe

Thanks DeDe...I'm feeling much better about myself today! I'm already working on being more prepared for the next interview. Fingers crossed! :D
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Postby bikipatra » December 16th, 2006, 4:04 am

I am so very excited for you! And don't husbands often screw things up when they are trying to help? Woo-hoo for your great interview (it must have been) and your one coming up. Just do your best. I'm sure you will!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyT » December 16th, 2006, 9:30 am

bikipatra wrote:I am so very excited for you! And don't husbands often screw things up when they are trying to help? Woo-hoo for your great interview (it must have been) and your one coming up. Just do your best. I'm sure you will!

Thanks!!! And yes about my hubby- he just doesn't realize yet that I know more than he does about everything!! lol...we've only been married for 3 years, so he will learn....one way or another...lol...I'm joking - he's a great guy and makes me laugh like crazy - I'll keep him! He's just VERY lucky I got that second interview! ;)
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

30# CLUB!!

Postby LadyT » December 16th, 2006, 9:58 am

Since I am a notorious scale-aholic, I weighed myself this morning, and was down to 205.9....that not only puts me closer to Onerdland, it FINALLY puts me in the 30# club!! :mrgreen:
I will wait until my weigh in on Monday to give my "official" weight, but I'm happy to see those numbers!!! I think it will make it even easier for me to resist anything off plan for my double-dose of family tomorrow!!!! Yay!
I'm off to take my adorable puppy for a walk! Sorry for the big pic!

Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 16th, 2006, 11:38 am

Woo HOOO!!!

Welcome to the 30# club! Now have fun and take your cute pup for a walk!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby bikipatra » December 16th, 2006, 11:42 am

LadyT wrote:
bikipatra wrote:I am so very excited for you! And don't husbands often screw things up when they are trying to help? Woo-hoo for your great interview (it must have been) and your one coming up. Just do your best. I'm sure you will!

Thanks!!! And yes about my hubby- he just doesn't realize yet that I know more than he does about everything!! lol...we've only been married for 3 years, so he will learn....one way or another...lol...I'm joking - he's a great guy and makes me laugh like crazy - I'll keep him! He's just VERY lucky I got that second interview! ;)

I have been married 4.5 years and have told my husband that except in the areas of hardware and sailing, I know more about EVERYTHING than he does.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Second interview

Postby LadyT » December 19th, 2006, 9:53 pm

I have my second interview tomorrow. :shock: Very nervous again - this time I am meeting with 3 managers from 1:00-4:00! I am really trying to be more prepared this time. All I can do is be myself , do the best I can, and hope they hire me! I'm really hoping that I will know either way before the weekend, but I have a feeling that I will have to wait until after Christmas! It would be a great x-mas gift to myself though! :D
As far as being on plan goes - I had a tremendously successful weekend. I made it through Hanukkah dinner at my in-law's as well as my brother's b-day get together without deviating from the plan!!! I faced 2 - count 'em 2 cakes, cannoli, cupcakes, lasagna and chicken parm...and didn't eat any of it! I brought a rotisserie chicken and salad and ate my MF Choc. pudding while everyone else ate cake! :x
It was SO hard - I'm not going to lie and say it was easy to get through...but I lost 1.6 lbs this week, so I'm very happy. :) This seems to be my average loss. It will take me longer than most to get to goal, but getting through this weekend has helped me realize that I can really do this!
I had to stop myself from thinking I can have a "tiny piece of cake" - that it won't hurt...just this once...(you know what I mean), but I stopped and thought about how I would feel after. :sadblue:
I actually had a great time with both families, because I felt like I was more focused on "being there", since I wasn't focusing on the food. Hopefully that makes sense.
I would really love to see a 3 or 4 lb loss this week (or any week for that matter), but I think I'm ok with how I'm doing. This weekend will be even harder - my Mom has made all kinds of fugde, cookies, etc for X-Mas!! :help: She knows I'm on plan though, so I know she won't try to push anything on me. I have every intention of staying compliant....and I'm bringing my laptop with me, so I can post here and check in with everyone!
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 19th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Wow, you did great!

That voice telling you one little voice won't hurt doesn't ever seem to mention the 3 days it will take to get back into ketosis does it!

1.6 lbs is 1.6 less lbs than you were last week. How great is that? some weeks people lose 1, some they lose 5...I'm just thrilled that it's going down!

You're going to do GREAT on your interview....prepare and then be yourself! You're going to do great this weekend too. What's fudge compared to a new club? Nothing, I tell you, NOTHING! We can do this!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby bikipatra » December 20th, 2006, 2:55 am

Sometimes you read in interview tips NOT to accept an offer of beverages at an interview. I learned the hard way that in a 3-4 hour interview nerves and talking will make your mouth DESERT dry. Take the water!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Re: Hi

Postby LadyT » December 20th, 2006, 1:21 pm

dede4wd wrote:Wow, you did great!

That voice telling you one little voice won't hurt doesn't ever seem to mention the 3 days it will take to get back into ketosis does it!

1.6 lbs is 1.6 less lbs than you were last week. How great is that? some weeks people lose 1, some they lose 5...I'm just thrilled that it's going down!

You're going to do GREAT on your interview....prepare and then be yourself! You're going to do great this weekend too. What's fudge compared to a new club? Nothing, I tell you, NOTHING! We can do this!

DeDe

Thanks DeDe! I'm pretty proud of myself after this weekend! I was down a half lb. this morning, so that's awesome!! :mrgreen:

I just got back from the interview, and it only ended up taking an hour! The third person I was supposed to meet with was in their other building, so I only had to meet with the first 2 people. It seemed to go pretty well, but I will have to wait and see. I learned that they are hiring 2 new people for the position, so that hopefully ups my odds!
I will be sending a follow up email, and NOT letting my hubby help me this time!!!

And Biki - I was prepared to accept the water after meeting the first manager, but he didn't offer!!! It all worked out well as far as the "desert mouth" went - I was able to sneak a breath strip in my mouth between people! ;)

Stay tuned for more on the job...
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Postby LadyT » December 20th, 2006, 2:21 pm

I forgot to mention that for the interview I wore a suit/dress that I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years...it's a size 16, and it was a little big! Also - I was able to cross my legs comfortably...way cool!!! :mrgreen:
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

Postby bikipatra » December 20th, 2006, 4:32 pm

LadyT wrote:I forgot to mention that for the interview I wore a suit/dress that I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years...it's a size 16, and it was a little big! Also - I was able to cross my legs comfortably...way cool!!! :mrgreen:

Definitely a NSV! :hi5:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby LadyT » December 20th, 2006, 5:43 pm

bikipatra wrote:
LadyT wrote:I forgot to mention that for the interview I wore a suit/dress that I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years...it's a size 16, and it was a little big! Also - I was able to cross my legs comfortably...way cool!!! :mrgreen:

Definitely a NSV! :hi5:

Oh yeah, Baby!! :kool:
Tracey
236.2/205/135

LadyT

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal