Ktrout

1 Thread per registered User.

Ktrout

Postby ktrout » June 8th, 2006, 7:49 am

OK, I'll be the first guy to start a journel.

It's been quite an experience and I'm very happy with where my journey has taken me so far. I weigh less now than I have in almost 15 years and I'm well on my way to my initial goal of 200lbs. My ultimate goal may be as low as 175lbs but I'm waiting to see how 200lbs is and how my DR feels about it.

I've found that the temptations haven't changed any since I started with Medifast and it will be very easy to backslide and get right back up to the 313lbs that I was at on January 1st of this year. I will need to stay vigilant in keeping the weight off and be wary of scale-creep on a daily basis.

It's been a blast checking the forum here every day and I've gotten quite a bit of inspiration from the other losers here. I'll try and add to this on an on-going basis and we'll continue the journey to a much healthier lifestyle.

Roger
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby ktrout » June 11th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Thanks Vicky for the very kind words.

Today is Sunday, which can be a dangerous day for many as we're out of our work week routines wandering around the house and near the kitchen. I try to stay outside or downstairs in my "cave" to avoid the temptations of the pantry. I've been doing pretty good but with the weight loss slowing, it's getting harder to be good. What I've decided to do is embark on a new walking program to get some additional cardio activity. There's a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) a couple miles from our home and they have 2 very nice trails for walking. One is a .6 mile fairly flat trail and the other is a 3.3 mile loop that goes up to a beaver pond/marsh and then around through a heavily forested area. Both trails are very well maintained with a stone dust base which makes walking very easy. I've started by walking the .6mile loop twice and then three times before I tackled the 3.3 mile trail. The longer trail is more up and down than the shorter one and it's certainly more of a workout. I take planty of water with me in a lumbar pack and it's a whole lot nicer that the treadmill or elliptical machine.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress but it's getting down to the wire on my goal and I am looking forward to starting the maintainance phase of my journey.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby ktrout » June 12th, 2006, 5:05 am

Just a quick NSV - I put on my wedding ring last night for the first time in over ten years. This is a milestone because I haven't been able to get in on my fat finger since gaining so much weight. Besides making me very happy we all know who is VERY happy that I can finally wear my ring again. If momma is happy...
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby Diana » July 4th, 2006, 11:38 pm

Ahoy, ktrout (aka Roger)!

On this, our celebration of independence, I wanted to extend my thanks for your service to our country.

Thank you, too, for sharing your journey in public. I enjoy reading your posts, and your pics and postings have inspired my own dh.

I've only been on Medifast a little over 3 months, but I've noticed, too, that the things I was drawn to prior to starting this journey still know my name. Sometimes it feels easier, but sometimes it's a moment by moment force of wills.

BTW, I definitely think a new avatar is in order! ;) And congrats on the wedding ring NSV!! (I've suggested to Mike, my dh, that we get new ones for our 10th to celebrate our NEW life together -- he's got a year and a half to think about it. :mrgreen: )

Hope all's well with you.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby ktrout » July 11th, 2006, 6:28 pm

A few people have been concerned about my absence. Life has been busy and I've been lax in posting and reading this great forum.

My stepson Steve got married and with his fiance's family living in Fresno, CA, my wife and I volunteered to take care of the hundreds of details to pull off a wonderful special day for them. They had a beautiful day and with the exception of some bubbly and a couple glasses of Jack Daniels, I stayed on plan.

I've done a pretty whirlwind career change, hopping from a position of network administrator for a software company to service manager of a electrical/mechanical contractor to return to my roots as a heavy industrial controls electrician. My new job requires extensive travel and it has been quite the challenge staying on track. Working in a heavy industrial environment is very physical and I've found myself running out of steam by the end of the day. I've added a second L-G meal to give me some additional energy and it's helped to some extent. I think I'm going to experiment by shifting my L-G meal to mid-day and see if I can get back on track that way.

My son graduated from high school, no small miracle in itself and left for the summer for Army Reserve training. My daughter is now the duly crowned reigning teenager in the house and is insufferable.

My goal remains at 200 lbs and I know that it'll come. I promised a few people who contacted me that I would get off my butt and start posting again. I've missed the daily banter and enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Roger
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby wildtrk » July 11th, 2006, 7:03 pm

You were missed....glad you are still around!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 11th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Hey Roger,
Congrats on the shift. Keeps life interesting, huh?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby ktrout » July 13th, 2006, 6:00 am

Life is certainly interesting. The return to a road-warrior position after working in an office environment for the last 10 years or so has been an eye-opener. I'm glad that I've avoided air travel so far and most of my travel has been driving. I'm on the road with over 300lbs of tools/parts/test equipment so getting them through an airport would be problematic at best.

I've been using the hotel gyms/pools to get my exercise in and it seems to be working. I did change up my lean-green to my mid-day meal a couple days ago and I already feel better. I'll keep everyone posted as I go.

As everyone knows, eating on the road can be difficult. I've been out with co-workers or clients almost every night and it can be hard to stay on plan with the platters of appitizers sitting on the table and the menu not listing much of anything even close to plan. So far I strayed a few times but recovered before falling into the abyss.

Right now I'm in Valporaiso, IN. The hotel has a nice pool to swim in and I had it all to myself this morning for a couple dozen laps. On to work.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby ktrout » November 17th, 2006, 6:39 am

OK, I'm back. Let the chastising and punishment for being AWOL begin. I'll fill in the details later tonight.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby Lauren » November 17th, 2006, 7:03 am

Hope you're well, KTrout, good to see ya back...

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Serendipity » November 17th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Hey, good to see you back!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 21st, 2006, 9:29 pm

Glad you're back!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ktrout » January 4th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Time for a restart. I started on MF last January 1st and lost a bunch of weight. I was doing great, made a career change, yada yada yada and then gained a bunch of weight back. I knew that I had to get back on the stick when my 38 waist pants were getting tight enough to hurt. It's amazing how it creeps up on you, isn't it ? But I'm back, I've got a great jump on it and I plan to make goal in time to look great in swim trunks this summer. The up side is that I'm still alot lighter than I was LAST New Years.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 4th, 2007, 6:18 pm

ktrout,

HI THERE!!!

You are in a large company of restarters! ;) (Me included!)

Welcome back! :D

Great job on staying pretty steady with your weight -- now come on and let's both get those remaining pounds off!

:goteam:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » January 5th, 2007, 7:16 am

Ditto here! We can all do this together!!! :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to My Journal