Kidney beans

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Kidney beans

Postby tigerlily6200 » July 13th, 2005, 9:41 am

I ate about 1/4 cup of kidney beans last night because I was at my aunts house and almost fainted... she forced them down my throat... there was probably 2-3 spoons full...

Is this bad... this was along with the 6 oz of tuna that I ate for my 5-1 meal...

Someone give me advice - did I screw up the diet?
tigerlily6200

Postby fedup » July 13th, 2005, 9:59 am

First off, I'm no expert, but my opinion is that you shouldn't feel you "screwed up your diet." For me in the past that was always the 1st in a line of thinking that had me porking out and gaining tons of weight. What's done is done and move on from here. You didn't screw up your diet, and MF works, and will still work for you....

I would recommend that when you feel faint it could be that your body needs some potassium... drink some bouillon broth, or eat a pickle or two... they'll help rebalance you.

Check with Nancy to make sure I'm right...
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Kidney beans

Postby Jan » July 13th, 2005, 11:49 am

Hi There,
You'll be fine -- kidney beans aren't on program -- too many carbs but just keep going along. No great harm done. The suggestion about bouillon was a good one. Your potasssium may have been a little low. Happens at first because we run to the potty so often. A cupa bouillon usually takes care of that as do the Fast soups.

jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » July 13th, 2005, 12:07 pm

TIGERLILY6200----

WELCOME to our forum.. so glad to have you with us..
You should be fine.. just pick back up where you left off. it is done and no need to fret about it now.. the bouillon and fast soup should help with this and I have a pickle sometimes.. try keeping a piece of SF candy in your pocket.. MF works and you will get great results and everyone here is so helpful.. Nancy adn Unca will let you know when something is wrong.. they check in everyday and answer all of our questions...Good luck this week..martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » July 13th, 2005, 1:38 pm

But aside from the bouillon and other suggestions, if you continue to feel faint, I'd suggest consulting your doctor. Good luck!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » July 13th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Tigerlily ~

All great advice and I can't really add anything else. Sometimes during the first few days or the first week or so people can feel puny or like their legs are wobbly and weak.

Typically it is because their body is adjusting to the low fat, low sodium meals, the fluid imbalance and the high levels of vitamins and minerals.

Having a serving or two of Medifast Fast Soup or bouillon is usually helpful. That is one of the reasons we do not recommend beginning an exercise routine until the 4th week until the body has fully adjusted to the fat-burning state and the body's fluids are well-balanced .

People with high blood pressure or folks who take meds for the same may experience some feelings of wooziness initially. When weight loss occurs, people on meds may need dosage adjustments about the time they reach the 25 pound mark. Diabetics need to carefully monitor their glucose readings multiple times per day.

If you experience puniness again, have a shake and check with your doc.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » July 16th, 2005, 8:28 pm

I was sooo puny and dizzy the first three days - The first day I thougt I had the flu. Pickels and FAST Soup made ALL the difference and by day four I was back to normal - or as close as I get. Welcome, best of luck to you and when in doubt - see your MD and this site ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss