Kidney Stones

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Kidney Stones

Postby Determined » November 5th, 2007, 9:47 am

I had my first (and hopefully my last) kidney stone attack last week. My father had kidney stones, and my brother is plagued with them. I've been completely faithful to MF for 5 weeks, and drinking 64oz water/daily.

While looking on the web for kidney stone info, I've come across many claims that a low-carb diet causes kidney stones. But some say that the ketones may be dislodging stones already present. Or that any deleterious kidney effects can be easily offset by drinking more water. Then again, it seems they're all referring to HIGH-PROTEIN low-carb diets.

Is MF considered a high-protein diet? I added up all the protein in 5 MF meals + a typical L&G, and it came out about a normal protein count for a day. I've been eating mostly chicken/fish/eggs/veggie burgers -- no beef or pork.

Is MF very high in calcium? I don't know what's considered normal calcium intake.

I'm trying to drink 100 oz. of water/day now. I'm also off of MF for another week at least. I just don't know what to do. I'm halfway to goal and don't want to stop!

Can anyone shed some light on this? Has anyone else been bothered with kidney stones? :(
Determined
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 5th, 2007, 9:56 am

Hi Determined,
I think this is the first we've heard of kidney stones on the forum.

This is a good question for the nurse at:
(877) 270-5704

...or try emailing nutritionsupport@tsfl.com

Let us know what you find out.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » November 5th, 2007, 10:28 am

I do know that one of the contraindication for the program is sever kidney disease (not just stones), you want to make sure your Dr. is still okay with you being on the program while you have the stones.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss