Kendra

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby kendra_m » September 27th, 2006, 11:59 am

Am doing a happy dance..... my neighbor friend said today that she could tell that I'd lost weight!! Woohooooooo

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 27th, 2006, 1:00 pm

YAY Kendra that is awesome!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 29th, 2006, 4:25 am

Life is such a pain in the butt sometimes. I had my handyman at my house yesterday, to replace my kitchen faucet, put some doors on my IKEA bookshelves, and hang some blinds.
Well, I come home afterwork to find all the stuff from the cabinet under the kitchen sink all over the floor and a huge drip, more like a stream, flowing from the pipes onto the floor. Lots of water. Lots of mess.
And no handyman in sight. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
He came back a bit later, had been to the hardware store to get some part. The faucet job turned into a replacing corroded pipes job and I think he was in over his head. He was here til 8, faucet is done, but bookshelves and blinds are not. And i'm not totally confident that the faucet/pipes are done correctly, so I may very well have to call a plumber anyway.
Was doubly aggravated cuz then I couldn't cook my planned L&G and couldn't cook for the kids. In days past, this would have translated into ordering pizza. I was just determined that this wasn't going to derail me tho. I cooked myself a ground sirloin patty and cut up a tomato and picked up tacos for the kids.
My friend and I have a standing thursday night date to watch Grey's Anatomy. I was planning all day to have Soy Crisps to munch on while we watched, but I wasn't even remotely hungry so I skipped them. THAT never woulda happened before!
So it was a good MF day.... I successfully dodged the bullets!

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby kmr » September 29th, 2006, 6:52 am

Good for you for staying strong! :weightlift:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby kendra_m » September 30th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Today wasn't such an easy day. I had one off plan snack, probably 100 calories and a bunch of sodium. The rest of the day was compliant but much of it felt like a struggle. It was day one of TOM, so I'm chalking it up to hormones. And tomorrow is a new day! I have a feeling bloating combined with extra sodium today might not bode well for the scale tomorrow, but it is what it is.

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby kendra_m » October 2nd, 2006, 6:34 am

I'm wishing I could throw my uterus out the window today. It's served me well, but really now, does it need to give me such grief???

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby kendra_m » October 4th, 2006, 4:43 am

Maybe once again I can post in my journal without sounding like a hormonal crazy woman! Had a rough few days, emotionally and therefore eating-wise too. Stuck with the plan until Monday and then cheated at one meal and one snack. Enough to throw me out of ketosis, I do believe, cuz yesterday I had a headache all day long, which I assume with carb re-withdrawal.

I wonder how many times I'll have to do that to myself before I decide its really not worth it. I was determined to be totally compliant yesterday and I was.... I did do 6:1, because I was really hungry and that extra MF meal helped me not go off the deep end.

I tried making cookies out of the peach oatmeal yesterday...... not good. Very bland, even tho I added vanilla.

This Sunday is my husband's birthday... the first one since his death... so it's going to be a tough day. Some of his family is coming into town to be with us. I decided to do something to honor him, rather than just trying to just get through it. So I'm cooking a Lebanese meal on Saturday night (his ethnic background) and one of his favorite meals.... and we're going to have cake. I'm going to put bigger candle in the center of the cake in memory of him and then each of us will have a smaller candle to light off of his. I'm not sure how all of this will turn out, but I want my kids to see that he's always a part of our life and that it's okay to feel whatever they're feeling.

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 5th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Hey Kendra. My thoughts are with you this week. You are a strong woman. It is a wonderful thing that you are doing for your children. My dad died suddenly when I was 14 and the best thing for me was to keep him and all the happy memories close. Your children and also your husband's family will love and appreciate you for doing this for them. :hug:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby monkeegirl » October 5th, 2006, 12:47 pm

kendra_m wrote:Maybe once again I can post in my journal without sounding like a hormonal crazy woman! Had a rough few days, emotionally and therefore eating-wise too. Stuck with the plan until Monday and then cheated at one meal and one snack. Enough to throw me out of ketosis, I do believe, cuz yesterday I had a headache all day long, which I assume with carb re-withdrawal.

I wonder how many times I'll have to do that to myself before I decide its really not worth it. I was determined to be totally compliant yesterday and I was.... I did do 6:1, because I was really hungry and that extra MF meal helped me not go off the deep end.

I tried making cookies out of the peach oatmeal yesterday...... not good. Very bland, even tho I added vanilla.

This Sunday is my husband's birthday... the first one since his death... so it's going to be a tough day. Some of his family is coming into town to be with us. I decided to do something to honor him, rather than just trying to just get through it. So I'm cooking a Lebanese meal on Saturday night (his ethnic background) and one of his favorite meals.... and we're going to have cake. I'm going to put bigger candle in the center of the cake in memory of him and then each of us will have a smaller candle to light off of his. I'm not sure how all of this will turn out, but I want my kids to see that he's always a part of our life and that it's okay to feel whatever they're feeling.

Hey Kendra, I know how you feel with the hormonal stuff----I went through that for years and then had a hysterectomy last Weds. Have to say today I am actually feeling much better, and today is the first where I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had huge fibroids and periods that would last weeks on end, it was just awful. If you have considered a hysterectomy, I would say go for it. I woke up in pain but already felt better than the pain I was in from all the fibroids.

Hang in there, I know how hard it is to deal with the loss of a loved one, but I applaud your strength---you are an amazing woman! :byebye:
"Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

monkeegirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby kendra_m » October 5th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Thanks Julie, for the encouragement! I'm so glad that your hysterectomy went well and you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm actually going to a new gyn next week, so I'm anxious to see what he has to say. My previous one's approach was to grin & bear it, which just doesn't cut it sometimes.

You sound like an amazingly strong woman yourself..... I'm glad that things are going pretty well for you now.
Am glad you've joined us here! :D

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby monkeegirl » October 5th, 2006, 6:44 pm

kendra_m wrote:Thanks Julie, for the encouragement! I'm so glad that your hysterectomy went well and you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm actually going to a new gyn next week, so I'm anxious to see what he has to say. My previous one's approach was to grin & bear it, which just doesn't cut it sometimes.

You sound like an amazingly strong woman yourself..... I'm glad that things are going pretty well for you now.
Am glad you've joined us here! :D

Thank you, I am glad to be here too! It is pretty fun to have time to read the board and learn from everyone---I am normally running in all directions during the day. :)

Keep me posted on how the appt. with your new doc goes. I went through that too, the doctor I was seeing didn't want to give me a hysterectomy at my age, so I basically had to suffer until I finally forced the issue and saw a different doctor.....it happened so fast at that point, he ordered an ultra sound, then an MRI, a biopsy and my hysterectomy was on the calender within two weeks. I am a little upset to think the other doctor let me suffer so long, when after the surgery my doc said it was a good thing he got in there when he did. I had alot of issues going on, but I am confident they will all be gone when I completely heal.
Here is a great site my doc sent me to for info
<edit>link approved - www.hystersisters.com - UT</edit>
I found it to be very helpful and a warm place to go for answers!

Hugs,
Julie
"Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

monkeegirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby kendra_m » October 6th, 2006, 4:15 am

Thanks for the website Julie, I'll check it out! Your story made me realize I should be ready for some action, whatever it may be, when I see the doc. At the very least, I feel like I surely must have fibroids.

I moved living room furniture last night and shampooed my family room carpet and I'm sore this morning! I guess I got some unplanned exercise in! I'm going to start walking next week. Even with just 21 lbs gone, I can feel less pressure on my knees... so its time :)

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby DogMa » October 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Good luck on Saturday, Kendra. It sure sounds like a good idea, and I'm sure it'll turn out well despite the sadness. Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom.

BTW, I keep meaning to ask you. When you were doing BFL, do you know what your calorie level was?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » October 6th, 2006, 11:10 am

Kendra That website is awesome! It was a huge help to me before as well as after my surg. You can learn so much on there. I as well was young and they didnt want to do it but with much persistant from me it was approved and was the Best Thing ever...well until now and finding MF :)

Good luck with your Doc next week. I know 1st hand how stubborn they can be at times!

*Huugs* Girl you are so strong and it is such a Blessing to know you.
I hope this weekend goes well for you and your family.
JeepGirl

Postby kmr » October 6th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Kendra,
That sounds really nice what you're doing to honor your husband's memory and birthday. This Sunday, October 8th is the 4 year anniversary of my father's death. He had just turned 67yrs. old two weeks prior to his death. I'm happy to say that I had the privilege of taking care of him up until the second he took his last breath. I was holding his hand and got in as many "I love you's" as I possibly could before he took his last breath. I'm happy I had that time with him. ( the 6 mos. from the time he became ill until his death) since he wasn't in my life that often. It's so good and important to keep people's memories alive. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you and your family. And Kendra....on a lighter note....keep shakin! :coolnana:
kmr
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal