KeleeGrl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » January 30th, 2007, 11:00 am

Did you say blueberry muffins? Am I missing out on a recipe? Do tell!!!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » January 30th, 2007, 12:04 pm

The recipe is actually on the blueberry oatmeal box...

1 pkt blueberry oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
I put 2 packets of splenda

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes...the time varies by oven, so watch the the first time.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby furball7 » January 30th, 2007, 1:09 pm

I never noticed that recipe on the box. Thanks. Think I'll give them a try also.

Sherry
furball7
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonicaB » January 30th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Actually I don't have any blueberry oatmeal right now, but I plan to order some soon. I'll have to try that recipe.

I also did not know there were recipes on the box. I wonder if you can make muffins with the apple & cinammon the same way? :?:

DonicaB :yay:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » January 30th, 2007, 3:40 pm

KeleeGrl

Wow I am going to buy the Blueberry oatmeal.

Also Love your tracker
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » January 31st, 2007, 7:37 am

I know everyone here really likes the oatmeal made as oatmeal, but I'm not one of them. I think it may be the consistency and smell, but I think I'm going to try the blueberry because it actually smelled really good....we'll see.

Okay, I bought a new scale because mine seems to be reading lighter than other scales I dare step on and the new one is digital and actually tracks the weight loss. Of course it reads 5 pounds more than mine, but I think that is right because its close to another scale that I weighed on at a friend's house. So, I know I have lost 13 pounds, so I'm tacking on 5 pounds to my starting weight and put my starting weight at 212 and my current weight at 199...that is actually what it is weighing me at...even though my old scale is reading 194 and I like that number better, I would rather it be right....It totally sucks and I should have bought the new scale when I restarted, but I'll just have to bite the bullet now.
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby DonicaB » January 31st, 2007, 3:50 pm

Kelli~ I had that same thing happen to me in 2005. I bought a good scale and immediately gained 5 pounds. At first I was so upset, but then realized it didn't really matter that much.

Hope your day is going well.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » February 1st, 2007, 1:31 am

DonicaB wrote:Kelli~ I had that same thing happen to me in 2005. I bought a good scale and immediately gained 5 pounds. At first I was so upset, but then realized it didn't really matter that much.

Hope your day is going well.

DonicaB

My scale is pretty cheap (25 dollars) but I think it is okay because I weighed a pound more at the doctors office fully clothed last week.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » February 1st, 2007, 7:04 am

This scale seems to be consistent because I can step on it two or three times and it reads the same pounds and ounces...it doesn't fluctuate like some I've seen. I'm over the 5 pounds cuz I know its a different 5 pounds, if that makes sense?! Its not the 5 pounds that is in my 13 pound weight loss...lol...boy I'm really confusing now. And now I just want to lose it now. Especially because I'm just barely in onederland and want to get that far away from the 200 mark.

I got through wing night last night...it was soooooooo busy. We are getting all of the snowmobilers plus the students for wingage. It makes the night go faster and keeps me compliant. I have to work tonight and hope its busy so I'm not bored cuz when I'm bored my hand seems to make it to my mouth, with food in it, of course! But hopefully my self-talk will alleviate that.
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby DonicaB » February 1st, 2007, 8:18 pm

Hi Kelli~ I hope your evening went by fast. I like the words "self-talk". It sounds a little better than "I was talking to myself."

I didn't realize how much self-talking really helps. It seems like I have been saying to myself, "NO, you do not want that. Pass it up and move on." Sometimes we just have to be a little forceful with ourselves.

You're doing great, Kelli. Keep going, girl. We are both gonna make it. :mrgreen:

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » February 5th, 2007, 6:48 am

Wow..need to get caught up...was so busy at work on Friday, didn't have a chance to post. Thursday night went well...I fixed a salad with grilled chicken from home and people were drooling watching me eat it. Friday was uneventful as I stayed home.

Saturday we had to go to Syracuse to pick my sister-in-law up from the airport as they were coming back from Disney World with their kids. We decided to go up early and go to the Dinosaur BBQ...my favorite. I ordered the cajun rubbed Strip Steak with the cucumber salad and we also got the cajun shrimp coctail. I ate about 1/2 of the steak and the rest went to hubby, so did really good and it was delicious.

Sunday we had grilled boneless pork chops and veggie, stayed full all night.....course wasn't hungry after the Colts missed the extra point after their first touchdown....could have won $500, but oh well wasn't meant to be.

I have boneless, skinless chicken in the crockpot at home and going to add veggies and have some hot soup....it was -2 on my way to work this morning and I think with the wind chill factor is 10-15 below..brrrrrr.
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby KeleeGrl » February 6th, 2007, 6:39 am

MMMMMMMMMM...the chicken and vegetable soup hit the spot...it is so cold. Worked out on my elliptical for 30 minutes..that warmed me up.

Not too much going on tonight and then it will be Wing Night on Wednesday, but I've been dealing pretty well with those.
Kelli

KeleeGrl

Postby bikipatra » February 6th, 2007, 6:41 am

KeleeGrl wrote:
Not too much going on tonight and then it will be Wing Night on Wednesday, but I've been dealing pretty well with those.

You really have been ! Congrats! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » February 6th, 2007, 3:30 pm

Hi Kelli~ it has been really cold here also. Today was finally a little warmer. I think it got into the 30's today.

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. You did great on your food choices. :bib: Way to go!

Biki is right......you have been handling wing night very well. I admire your strength and determination. I'm not sure I could work around food and be strong enough to say no to wings.

Have a great evening!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » February 8th, 2007, 7:32 am

Thanks Donica and Biki!

Took yesterday off so we could get our taxes done. That was a much better experience than I thought! Did very well being compliant.

Tuesday night I did 40 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday morning (since I took the day off from work) I did 35 minutes. Another successfull night at Wing night. We have been so busy I don't have time to put anything in my mouth....that's a good thing!
Kelli

KeleeGrl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal