"Kahlua Kicker" Drink Recipe...Okay?

Add your favorite recipes.

"Kahlua Kicker" Drink Recipe...Okay?

Postby Michee » July 19th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Hi There~

Tomorrow will be my 2nd week of TSFL and so far, so good (9 1/2 lbs lost through last Monday, I weigh in tomorrow for week 2). :D

I do have a question for all you veterans out there...!!

(Pardon the rambling, but I just wanted to be sure you got a good snap picture of me in order to provide feedback)

Pre-program, my morning breakfast consisted of a grande ex-hot non fat black/white mocha-1 pump ea- (yes, I can be high maintenance ;)) from Starbucks . My very favorite coffee place is Dutch Brothers (iced Kahlua Kicker, 1/2 the syrup, thankyouverymuch), but there isn't one conveniently located on my way to work, so SB it was. I have never been much of a breakfast food person as eggs, cereal, sausage, bacon, toast, etc. just aren't that fabulous to my taste buds. So rarely, on occasion, I'd have something more than a latte.

So, when I started the program, I was determined! I'm going to eat oatmeal... I'm a grown up, I can do this! (I did give the powdered eggs away to a friend on TSFL because that is just too much for me. Eggs do NOTHING for me, much less powdered). Two weeks into it... the idea of another bowl oatmeal, notsomuch. I will also say I am NOT a fan of vanilla, pre-program or now. Does nothing for me and it's hard to get down. I was planning to return all things vanilla this week.

But this morning...A God-given EPIPHANY!! Maybe with a little bit of this and that, I could maybe, hopefully, possibly, come close to the DB Iced Kicker. And you know, what...EUREKA...Praise God... IT WORKED!!! It tastes almost IDENTICAL to a DB Iced Kicker!!!

Enough of my rambling...Here's the recipe that I would like the veterans to confirm this is okay for me to have in the morning:

Iced Kahlua Kicker- MF Way!
1 packet French Vanilla Shake
4-6 oz of coffee with ice to raise to the 8oz line on the shaker jar (my favorite is DB or Black Rock coffee because it tastes almost identical to DB, but any coffee would do I suppose)
1 TBSP sugar free frish cream syrup (I use DaVinci)

Place coffee, ice, and sugar free syrup into shaker jar. Add packet french vanilla shake. Shake very well, let sit for 1 min and shake again. Enjoy. :)

Because I am sure the first caution would be to remind me of the no more than 3 servings (300 mg) of caffeine/day. I will say this would be the only caffeine beverage I would have on a daily basis, except maybe a can (38mg caffeine) of Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper right after lunch. Other than that, no caffeine for me. Pre-program, I'd have my morning mocha and sometimes a diet pepsi or diet dr. pepper with lunch, but that's it because otherwise I don't sleep well at night.

I will also say drinking water has never been an issue for me as I love, love, love water. I drank 64+ oz of water pre-program no matter what other beverages I had in a day and it's the same now.

So with those two cautions addressed, are there any others I should keep in mind?

Thanks, everyone!
Started TSFL 7/6/2009
Lost so far: 57.0 lbs
Goal: Taking it in 40# increments. Working on the next 40... :)
Michee
Regular Member - #50 Club

Re: "Kahlua Kicker" Drink Recipe...Okay?

Postby Unca_Tim » July 23rd, 2009, 10:23 am

Hi Michee and welcome to the forum,
:wave:
Your Kahlua Kicker looks fine, long as you're using the sugar free syrups.
Congrats on your weight loss!
Can I add you to the #10 club yet?
Keep up the good work.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Michee » July 28th, 2009, 11:09 am

Hi Unca! Thanks for the reply. Yes, definitely only sugar free syrups.

As of yesterday morning, I have lost 16.5 lbs (in 3 weeks), so I'm definitely part of the 10# club. :buddies:
Started TSFL 7/6/2009
Lost so far: 57.0 lbs
Goal: Taking it in 40# increments. Working on the next 40... :)
Michee
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 28th, 2009, 11:23 am

Good job girl....:)

Keep us posted.
:toast:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Lean Cuisine