Just watched "Supersize Me"...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Just watched "Supersize Me"...

Postby LiLYipper » July 17th, 2006, 5:13 am

Well, I have NOT been able to make myself be 100% compliant since I started this program...OK that was my confession...

Last night, I watched "Supersize Me" for the first time. I had been avoiding it, in a lame attempt at "ignorance is bliss". I was literally scared to watch it, cuz I didn't want it to scare me straight (if that make any sense at all).

I can't say it "scared" me...but it REALLY educated me on the addictive properties of fast/junk food. He also mentioned the "three day hump" in starting/breaking habits. This so opened my eyes! That food is designed to keep you coming back!!!! You feel that "rush" while eating it, the TERRIBLE until the "next rush". THAT is my life story and I NEED to detox!!!!

The next three days are gonna be tough, but I believe I am mentally prepared to get through them with 100% compliance now.

Wish me luck ;)
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby loriannk » July 17th, 2006, 6:28 am

I watched that movie a few months ago. It is a great movie to watch when you want to go on a diet. It will keep you away from the fast food junk.

I am so happy you are going to give MF the chance it needs to get the pounds off for you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » July 17th, 2006, 6:37 am

I am a professed McDonalds addict. I would drop the kids off for school then drive thru for an egg and cheese bagel only to return a couple hours later for a chicken sandwhich and ff. There were days I ate there 3x a day. It doesnt help that I can literally see the big M from my backyard. Since starting Medifast I have not had McD now in 4 weeks. That alone has got to be a good step for me. I have to be healthier because of it.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LiLYipper » July 17th, 2006, 6:52 am

JennP wrote:I am a professed McDonalds addict. I would drop the kids off for school then drive thru for an egg and cheese bagel only to return a couple hours later for a chicken sandwhich and ff. There were days I ate there 3x a day. It doesnt help that I can literally see the big M from my backyard. Since starting Medifast I have not had McD now in 4 weeks. That alone has got to be a good step for me. I have to be healthier because of it.

Four weeks of NO McD's and 18 pounds lighter!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!
LiLYipper

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 17th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Great job with the lack of Mickey D's, Jenn! Way to go!

Lil Yipper, sending all the luck I can your way!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » July 17th, 2006, 11:26 pm

That movie sure makes you think before you eat. Good going avoiding the yellow M and switching it for the Black M on the packets....
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » July 18th, 2006, 5:32 am

The lack of Mickey Ds has been hard. It is so stinking close and convenient. My kids and DH are still eating there...not as often as before but still. I feel like I am on a McDonalds detox.
Prancer

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 18th, 2006, 11:12 am

I know what you mean Jenn,
My drug of choice was Taco Bell...ALL THE TIME. Definitely MORE than once a day. I still sniffle a little bit when I drive by Taco Bell, but then I look at a me that's 15lbs from goal and quit my sniffling and drive or walk right by! It gets easier to pass them by, at least it did for me!

DeDe
dede4wd

Re: Hi

Postby LiLYipper » July 18th, 2006, 1:41 pm

dede4wd wrote:I know what you mean Jenn,
My drug of choice was Taco Bell...ALL THE TIME. Definitely MORE than once a day. I still sniffle a little bit when I drive by Taco Bell, but then I look at a me that's 15lbs from goal and quit my sniffling and drive or walk right by! It gets easier to pass them by, at least it did for me!

DeDe

I'm a total Taco Bell Junkie!!!! I sure hope it get easier to drive on by without hitting the drive through!! ;)
LiLYipper

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 18th, 2006, 10:44 pm

It did get better for me Lil Yipper, I don't even cry when I drive past anymore...I sniffle a little, but...Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...yadda yadda...then I look down, realize i'm in size 11's and smile a bit as I drive by! It'll get better!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Mike » July 18th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Hi. My name is Mike and I am a reformed Taco Bellaholic (along with Dede and LilYipper) :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Prancer » July 19th, 2006, 5:13 am

I am so glad Taco Bell isnt near here because that would definitely top McD! The closest one is an hour away so it was my drug of choice when we were out of town. When I first started MF I told Tom that the only that would make me cheat would be Taco Bell. Luckily the opportunity hasnt presented itself.
Prancer

Postby AlexLHH » July 19th, 2006, 8:09 pm

I'm a little late on this thread, but I would just like to say, re: Taco Bell, the ONLY thing I can think of is the meat in those hard-shell tacos at TB. I would like to add that I just had my first beef last night in 5 years just to try to quell the cravings. I do not want Chipotle, Qdoba, or any authentic tacos; I just want Taco Bell.

Still...it's all I want. I don't think I've had one of those Taco Bell tacos in 7-10 years, either. It had me asking myself...am I pregnant? :lol:

So I'm going to have to find some sort of substitute because everyone is right, it's way better to be losing weight and feeling healthy
AlexLHH

Postby Mike » July 21st, 2006, 12:59 pm

AlexLHH wrote: It had me asking myself...am I pregnant?

:roflmao:
They aren't worth it! Doesn't mean I still want to take the exit to go though... but I don't
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to What's Shakin'