Just tried French Vanilla RTD...VERY GOOD

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Just tried French Vanilla RTD...VERY GOOD

Postby MomJackieLee » September 10th, 2004, 7:13 pm

Just have to give my opinion of the French Vanilla RTD. My shipment came today and I gave one a try. Very good, even at room temp!!! Can't wait to try one chilled. :chef: I like these even better than the packets. With a case each of the choc and vanilla, I'm ready for the next few weeks.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 11th, 2004, 6:09 am

Thanks for the tip, MomJackieLee. The price is very good, that's for sure. Might be a good alternative to the shaker jar and packets I use at work AND save half a buck or so if I get on the stick. I'm going to look into that.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 12th, 2004, 10:26 pm

I love the Fr Van RTDs. I cannot stand the Fr Van packets. :puke: The ONLY way I can drink the Fr Van packets is if they are mixed w/ Dutch Choc as a double shake and then drink half for one meal and the other half later or if I add Crystal Light to the Fr Van then I like it, otherwise... :puke:

The RTDs are very handy!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » September 13th, 2004, 8:11 am

That's interesting Nancy - I didn't buy the fr vanilla RTD's on sale b/c I have a few boxes of packages I will never drink - just thinking about them makes me queasy. Now that my husband has started using some of the products, he says he'll drink them so at least they won't go to waste. What about the rtd's makes you think they're so much better than the packets?
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby smartiegrrl » September 13th, 2004, 10:27 am

I ordered some of the Fr Van RTD. I hope to get them today or tomorrow. I don't like the Fr. Van packets. I love love love the Dutch Chocolate packets but I can't stand the Dutch Chocolate RTDs!!
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 13th, 2004, 10:51 am

For some reason the FR Van RTDs are not as sweet as the packets and not as vanilla-y flavored. The packets just seem so fake vanilla flavor. Not a rich and deep flavor. I also can't stand the smell of it. :puke:

The Fr Van RTDs remind me of canned cow (Canned milk) and as a kid my Daddy used to make a cup of coffee for me with canned cow. Perhaps it is just the fragrance and the happy memory of the steaming 1/2 coffee 1/2 canned cow beverage that makes the RTDs so ejoyable, I dunno but I just like them. I prefer the Fr Van RTD over the Dutch Choc RTD any day and I am a chocoholic most of the time. Now if they could come up with a caramel flave...ahhhhh. I think I shall try some of Camille's fave sugar-free daVinci syrup mixed into a Fr. Vanilla packet and see how that tastes!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » September 13th, 2004, 10:57 am

Hmmm. Might need to order some. I think the choc rtd's are OK. I prefer the packets but drink the rtd's when out and about or traveling.
Sylvia

Postby DutchChoc » September 13th, 2004, 7:15 pm

:D If I order Fr Van RTD, will I have to change my name, lol? I'm seriously considering trying some if the availability at that price continues a few more days. They would come in handy. THanks for bringing this up, MomJackieLee.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 14th, 2004, 6:23 am

LOL! How different we all are! i LOVE the french vanilla packets, but have found I'm not entirely in love with the vanilla RTD's...they'll do in a pinch, but they aren't my first choice.
The french vanilla packets taste like yellow cake batter to me! LOL Remember as a kid when your mom let you lick the beaters and bowl when she made a cake? That's what it reminds me off.
Strange, I know! LOL

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sylvia » September 14th, 2004, 7:06 am

Funny - that's exactly what the Fr Vanilla packets taste like to me too - yellow cake batter. I liked the first one I had so much that I bought several boxes. I found out that a little bit of cake batter goes a really long way! After drinking one or two more, I'm finding that the thought of them gets me feeling a bit queasy.
Sylvia

Postby Jewel of the Nile » September 15th, 2004, 3:23 pm

I have the Fr. Van RTD's and today I mixed it in my lukewarm coffee. It was Starbucks and it was like a latte! I did add a packet of stevia to it.

I like them plain too, but we had a meeting this morning (the reason for the coffee) and I wanted some cream so that was it!

I did order more, but I may have to go back and order again before the special expires or they run out.
Jewel of the Nile

Return to Weight Loss