Vanilla RTD's

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

Vanilla RTD

Postby mombarnes » November 10th, 2004, 10:23 am

Am I just nuts? I can't find Vanilla RTDs.
[OK, it's an established fact that I'm nuts ... but I still can't find them]
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 10th, 2004, 10:59 am

Hi MB and welcome,
No...you're not nuts and nobody can find them right now.

Unfortunately, due to the large demand last month (Vanilla RTD's were on special), they're still on backorder. They should be available soon. All I can tell you now, is to check the shopping cart frequently. Last we heard they were going to be available mid-November.

Happy Shakin'
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

thank you

Postby mombarnes » December 3rd, 2004, 9:20 pm

Thank you for the tip. I just waited until today - placing my 3rd order & found the Vanilla RTDs. Also some of my old favorites.
Aren't the puddings just GRAND!?!?!
I'm also amazed at the crackers (for a treat) - they are so good.
I also reordered the Cappacino because it's lucious.
Thanks to this board for lots of good advice!!!
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Postby Unca_Tim » December 4th, 2004, 2:12 am

You're more than welcome,
Don't feel shy asking any questions that may pop up.
Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » December 4th, 2004, 2:51 am

MomBarnes ~

The crackers are really good when used like chips and dipped into the Essential 1 Tuna Salad or the Essetial 1 Chicken Salad...

You can make chili into bean dip and dip those crackers into it - Yum! (check out the Lean Cuisine)

I'm having Nanner puddin' every day now. It mixes easily and thickens right up.

It's hard to believe ya can lose weight on puddin' and Hot Cocoa, eh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

right you are

Postby mombarnes » December 4th, 2004, 2:08 pm

You are SO right! I had the pudding at Thanksgiving when my son was eating pie. I felt totally satisfied & happy because it's GOOD!
People who initially react negatively when I'm out to lunch with someone & say I'm not eating food (that's just my pat answer now because I don't want to have to explain) ... they are really surprised if they ask for details. I say that I'm eating this yummy & special food. By now, people can sometimes "see" a weightloss on me & when they ask me what I'm doing, I tell them it comes in a box & I eat it.
The tips on this forum (especially the Lean Cuisine section) are GREAT!
Thanks for the fellowship.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Postby Nancy » December 5th, 2004, 3:06 am

You just keep on eating those 'boxed' lunches and dinners and quite soon EVERYONE will notice your weightloss - then you will REALLY have fun!

When asked by some people why I wasn't eating, I'd reply, "I'm fasting." People thought it was for religious purposes and then they rarely pressured me to eat. I am a pastorette and I do find that I am able to pray for others a lot more now that I am not shopping, chopping and preparing a lot of food. Medifasting is a blessing for those whom are prayed for and for my health, too. Cool, huh?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mombarnes » December 5th, 2004, 4:04 pm

You are so right!
It's so funny to me that having a proscribed routine has been the easiest thing I've done for losing weight. I would have thought the old rebel in me would have balked at being told what to eat ... but it's actually very comforting to know that I'm doing the very best thing I could do for my body. Plus the support on this forum. So I just do what I'm told ... and it works. hahaha.
Thanks again to everyone for "being there".
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Oh no!

Postby raederle » February 1st, 2005, 7:49 am

Uh-oh-- Looks like now the chocloate RTDs, as well as the chocolate Fit! RTDs are all backordered. Yikes! I have them every morning while drying my hair, and was hoping to take a stash to Vegas in a couple of weeks. I hear they may not available for 3 weeks.

So, I'm wondering-- EAS makes a low-carb protein RTD shake with only 100 calories, about 20 g protein or so, and about 3 or 4 g of carbs. They also have about 25 - 35% RDA of hoardes of vitamins and minerals. Will these do in a pinch? (They're also a bit cheaper, at about $2.00 a carton instead of $2.49.) Any thoughts on using these?

Also, this ain't a complaint, but a suggestion to Medifast (I know MMT has nuttin' to do with this!)-- I wish they'd call or write to let you know something's backordered so I have the chance to change my order-- I'd probably have just ordered more powdered shakes rather than be without any shakes at all for 3 weeks! Seems kinda silly that they assume you can wait a month for a month's worth of shakes! (What can I say??? I *looooove* those RTDs and going without makes me cranky!!! ;) )
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 1st, 2005, 9:40 am

Hi Rae,
Sorry about the backorder and we'll pass your suggestion onto Medifast. It's definitely something that needs fixing and they've always been very good at listening to their customers and health advisors.

As to the "other" product, we really know very little about it, and honestly, don't care to research. There must be at least a dozen similar products and it would be impossible for us to research and become experts on all of them and we're plenty busy here dealing with Medifast. There's even been a couple more new competitive products out in the last few months.

We chose Medifast because of it's many Johns Hopkins studies and FDA approval over nearly a 25 year history. (Not to mention Nancy's success and desire to tell the world) That's something to consider when choosing products. Remember, you're putting your trust into a product that is totally replacing food. This is not a minor issue and, in my opinion, I'd like to have the clinical studies behind anything this important.

As to working in a pinch, that decision is up to you. There should be plenty of info on the net about it, and even a forum possibly. There seems to be one on about everything else.

We try to keep the discussion here on Medifast only, for time and space reasons. If we start allowing detailed discussions about other products, we'll eventually end up too fractured and off topic.

Let us know if you need us in any way to get your order straight.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby raederle » February 1st, 2005, 10:29 am

Hi Unca, and thanks for the reply! I'm sorry-- I didn't mean to get the board off on a tangent... I wuz just wondering aloud what to do without enough shakes for a while. I could turn to skim milk or just break down and place another order for more powdered stuff, which I'll probably end up doing. No biggie! And yes, I totally agree that MF is backed by not only great research but by great (and very successful) people! So there really is no alternative! ;) I'll figure sumpin' out while I wait for my Fit! RTDs, which are yummay anyway and worth the wait.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Soup on the way

Postby Joan Roman » February 4th, 2005, 11:54 am

I just got an email that my wild rice soup is on the way!!! I'm so excited I had to brag! :lol:

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby raederle » February 4th, 2005, 12:00 pm

YAAAYYYY!!! I *love* that stuff!!! It might be worth it for me to order a bunch now even if I can't make it to $200 for free shipping. Thanks for letting us know, Joan!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2005, 1:10 am

MakeMeThinner Forum Friends ~

I have been burning up my phone lines and keyboards with :lol: kind :lol: suggestions to corp about our situation here in the trenches...I have been assured that things are rolling back there and we will soon have our faves. Back orders are being resolved.

I mentioned I spied the S'mores on the pallets shrink-wrapped and ready to go last Saturday. They were being mailed yesterday and today.

Medifast products are all FDA inspected - this takes time - we use the finest commercial grade soy available and some of our vendors were not johnny on the spot with filling their orders to the lab and you know how that food chain thingy goes...production is moving along now and our favorites are on their way at last!

Choc RTDs may still be a while :x sorry 'bout that.

Joan, thank you for your good news!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 5th, 2005, 12:50 pm

Nancy,
Thanks for looking out for our MF goodies!!
I personally am totally addicted to the oatmeals and will choose to eat them as a snack any day over many other items.
There is nothing better than a warm, rich bowl of MF oatmeal to make me feel all warm and cozy on a cold day!
OK I need to stop I am making myself hungry :lol:
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Next

Return to Order Info