Just placed my order

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just placed my order

Postby luna » October 29th, 2004, 12:19 pm

Hi all. I've just bitten the bullet and placed my order for a month's worth of Medifast products (yesterday). I have to say that this forum went a huge way toward convincing me to go for it. When I was researching Medifast I read quite a bit here and it looks like it's working well for many of you. I really couldn't find any place online with "nightmare stories" about it (and believe me, I looked!)

I won't bore you with the details of my diet history. Like many of you, I'm sure, I've been on every diet imaginable over the course of my adult life. I've had some major successes but they've never been lasting. About 6 years ago, I lost 95 lbs in 6 months. And gained it all back. A year ago, I lost 83 lbs and gained it all back. Right now I'm again at my highest weight (over 350 lbs but hopefully less than 400 lbs -- I know for sure next week when my new scale arrives).

To be honest, I'm not looking at Medifast as a long-term diet. (Of course, you guys feel free to try to change my mind). My plan is to use it for 30 days to "kick-start" me back into weight loss. I simply feel so huge and tired and unmotivated that I've been unable to do anything to restart my weight loss. I'm hoping a fast, sharp weight loss will help motivate me.

Unfortunately I'm 39 years old and years of being so overweight are starting to take their toll. My knees often hurt when I walk for too long. I have no problem walking up short flights of stairs (yet) but walking down them requires takig one step at a time and holding tight to the railing to protect my knees. I'm too young for this and I have to do something or watch my body continue to break down under the weight of all it has to carry each day. Something has to be done NOW. It's only going to get worse for me.

So... my products should be here Wednesday. I'm planning to start the program next Thursday or Friday. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for a newbie.

Thanks for a great forum. I hope I haven't broken ettiquette or shared too much too early. I look forward to talking with you all and sharing in your support for one another.

--luna
luna

Postby explorthis » October 29th, 2004, 1:42 pm

About 6 years ago, I lost 95 lbs in 6 months. And gained it all back. A year ago, I lost 83 lbs and gained it all back.

To be honest, I'm not looking at Medifast as a long-term diet. - My plan is to use it for 30 days to "kick-start" me back into weight loss.

Howdy luna! I could not figure out if you were a female or male by your post, not that it matters, just curiosity.

Welcome to the forum of all forums. Since you have been reading, you know we are all in the same boat – to lose weight, learn new habits (thus our reason for keeping you here long after the “kick start”) and give/get unconditional support.

Looks like you’re a pro, as the rest of us are at losing, gaining, and attempting different loss methods. Nancy is the board owner, and she WILL most definitely chime in soon, for a warm welcome. Her rule is: Medifast is not a diet. Why you ask? (ahh common – ask) Ok I will tell you DIEt get it? This is a weight loss program, not a DIEt.

Out of curiosity, why would you only want it as a “kick start” ?? If it works, and works well, which it WILL, why would you opt not to stick with it? There is no other program, this is the last stop, the correct stop, and you will put no other LEOPARD WOMEN before you (you will learn this part as you get used to the board)

Ok, so it’s a diet, bottom line is first we lose the weight, then we learn maintenance, something ALL of us need to do, learn again (or for the first time) to eat PROPERLY.

Testimonies are here, it works. I did it. 113 (well 104) pounds off of me forever.

Come often for support. There are no secrets here. Ask anything you feel pertinent, we have discussed it before!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » October 30th, 2004, 12:48 am

:wave: Hello and a :heart: hearty :heart: welcome to you, Luna ~

Thank you for introducing yourself to us.

Since you’ve been doing some research and reading our MakeMeThinner Forum, you know that some are Big Losers, some are in the process of becoming losers and some are on the other side of losing now and have been successfully maintaining their weight loss for the first time in their life.

Mike asked you straight up exactly what I want to know:
why in the world would you ever want to limit your health by using Medifast for just one month?

There is no other weight loss program around that allows one to lose weight this safely, this quickly and tastes this GOOD!

True, you CAN Medifast for a month or you can Take Shape For a Lifetime – like me and many others on the Forum.

You mention that you have been successful losing weight previously but like many of us (BEFORE Medifast), you have failed to maintain an appropriate weight.

People who maintain their weight loss are people who make permanent changes in their eating habits.

If we don’t, our former fatness twangs right back, :hmmm: just like the elastic band in a pair of too tight underdoodies…

Do a search of the Forum for info and ideas about getting started.
Be sure to empty the house of all temptations, Luna – get rid of all the left over Halloween candy. ;)

We’re looking forward to your postings – I can’t wait for you to discover how hunger truly goes away and the poundage steadily slides off. Medifast is amazing!
:thumbup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby luna » November 2nd, 2004, 11:57 am

explorthis wrote:Howdy luna! I could not figure out if you were a female or male by your post, not that it matters, just curiosity.

I'm female. But I have to say I don't feel very "feminine" at this weight.

explorthis wrote:Out of curiosity, why would you only want it as a “kick start” ?? If it works, and works well, which it WILL, why would you opt not to stick with it? There is no other program, this is the last stop, the correct stop, and you will put no other LEOPARD WOMEN before you (you will learn this part as you get used to the board)

I'll be honest, when I first started looking into Medifast, it never occurred to me that it was something that might be healthy to do for the long term. Because I have so much weight to lose, I just wanted something to help me lose very fast for a few weeks to motivate me to start eating healthy and exercising again. After reading this forum for awhile, however, it's occuring to me that I could use this for longer than 30 days, maybe even use it until I reach my goal. I have several out of town trips planned in December, however, so I'm not sure how that would work out. Has anyone had any success with coming off temporarily and going back on? It seems to me that would be very difficult to do. How do the rest of you travel and stay on the program?
luna

Postby luna » November 2nd, 2004, 12:01 pm

Nancy wrote:Mike asked you straight up exactly what I want to know:
why in the world would you ever want to limit your health by using Medifast for just one month?

There is no other weight loss program around that allows one to lose weight this safely, this quickly and tastes this GOOD!

I answered Mike in my post just above. It honestly hadn't occurred to me that using Medifast might be healthy/practical for long-term weight loss. Reading this forum is definitely starting to change my mind.

I have SO much weight to lose. I weight at least 360 lbs (which is what my scale currently shows -- however it always weighs "light" by anywhere from 10-20 lbs). I have a new Tanita scale coming in this week so in a couple of days I should know exactly what I weigh. This means that I need to lose around 200 lbs. Totally overwhelming.
luna

Postby Sylvia » November 2nd, 2004, 12:36 pm

Luna,

I have traveled several times and stayed on the program the whole time. A couple of ideas:

1) Get some of the RTD shakes. They are great when in transit. Bars are easy to transport and eat on the run too.

2) I tried to stay at suite-type hotels with a refrigerator and microwave. That allowed me to heat up oatmeal, soup and the like.

3) When I needed to stay at a regular hotel, I put in a request for a microwave and fridge. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.

I actually had some of my best weight loss weeks while traveling and I recommend figuring it out rather than going on and off the plan. As many folks on the board have noted - it is REALLY hard to get back on plan once you've moved off of it!

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 2nd, 2004, 9:01 pm

Sylvia, you covered it all. Thanks, Darlin'.

When we travel, we stop at a market and buy bottled water, keep it cold in the in-room refer and carry a little thermal bag packed with shakes/ bars/water to our workshops or meetings. Water is almost always available at meetings.

Sometimes I mix a Fast Soup while others are fixing themselves a cup of coffee.

On occasion if we are going to be on an extended trip, we have RTDs shipped to our hotel so we don't have to deal with packing them in our suitcases.

Luna, you DO have a considerable amount of weight to lose but please know, it is possible to do it with Medifast!

Just remember - it is not forever, it's for a season. You CAN do ANYTHING for a season.

I was desperate. I couldda eaten cat doo if it would have helped me to lose weight. At one time in my weight loss journey, I had shots made from some sort of an herb and horse wee wee concoction...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.