Joining The Returning Crowd!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Joining The Returning Crowd!

Postby 24KaratGold » January 3rd, 2006, 7:24 pm

Well, I said I'd be back after the first of the year, so here I am on Day One. No point in putting it off, or I'll be putting it all back on!

For those who don't know me, I lost 90 pounds on MF last year. I went "on hiatus" for the last quarter or so, since I was having too much stress in too many other areas, and I frankly was tired of dieting.

I did gain back a little weight over the holidays, but not so much that I'm beating myself up over it. It'll be off in a couple of weeks, and I can live with that since I knew I wanted to be able to have all my favorite foods and holiday treats. BUT. I also know that, as Nancy says, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, and having gone from a size 24W to a size 14 last year, I'm here to say she is absolutely correct. I'm NEVER going back to weighing more than 200 pounds, and never going back to a size 24W.

The 14s are a bit snug after this last couple of weeks, though, so I have definite motivation to stay with the program.

I'm changing my goal weight. When I adopted it last year (on this very date!) I didn't really believe it was relevant, didn't think I'd even come close. I didn't know what goal to set, since I've been heavy all my life, so I just picked a number out of the air. Well, I'm changing it now, and deciding that I'm going to shoot for 160 as my goal (I'm 5'9" tall). That's 34 pounds away from where I am today, and I know MF can do that for me. I'm going to make my ticker reflect just this "second phase," so that I can be motivated by seeing it move faster.

If you are new to MF, you've done the right thing by giving it a try. It works. I crossed over to 200 pounds when I was 18 years old, and stayed there all my life until last year. In June, 2005, I went below 200 pounds, and it was a life-changing event. Stay with the program, trust it (even on those "plateau" weeks when you don't lose anything -- they do happen once in awhile), and just keep on keepin' on. Good luck to all of us on this journey.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » January 3rd, 2006, 7:49 pm

Hi, 24 K ~

I appreciate your comment about your weight goal. Since I had been overweight for all my adult life, like you I was scared and didn't have any idea if I could lose even 20 pounds, let alone a substantial amount of weight. I was cautiously optimistic at best.

I lacked an understanding of the power of the Take Shape For Life Program.

24, you have done well to manage your weight and it is the right time to get back in the Medigroove and go the final distance.

You know the fundamental things to do – eat every three hours, drink a swimming pool of water, don’t skip packets thinking you can speed up the process (because you cannot) and don’t eat stuff not on the approved list!

The opportunity to cross the threshold of optimal health is at hand for all who set their goals and don’t give up when the tough times come – because they will. Daily.

Do it now. Do it for yourself.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bk » January 3rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

Ok, I'm going to join 24K's bandwagon...

I'm back! After some massive life issues, and some regain, about a month ago I realized that I was feeling fat again.

Soooooo, I'm back on program, day two, again! I wouldn't have posted, except 24k did, so I now feel compelled to post too. Perhaps somebody else is out there that they'll feel okay posting about being in the same boat.

I reached my danger zone, and it will probably be another month or so until I'm reasonably happy with my body again, but I'll get there. After that, I'm going until I feel super happy. I'm not worrying about start/middle/finish, what I did before, or beating myself up about it. I've learned that it's ok to mess up, and it's not an all or nothing game. But, as far as goal weight goes, I was maybe thirty pounds away, and not at all sure that would actually be enough. So I'll see when I get around that point. I'll report more in the future.

Another thing I think I've learned - unless you're at your goal weight for a while, it's REALLY hard to tell you've regained, until it's more than you expected. You can't tell what you look like, because you haven't gotten used to it yet.

For newbies - don't think the program doesn't work. I was too distracted & not caring during a rocky period to work the program & my maintenance. And while you're at it, even though they may be pricey, I highly recommend investing in a massive stockpile of RTDs. Packets are OK for home, but in my office, sticking a straw in a box is a million times easier.

Thanks 24k for posting. I decided I just wanted to tack onto your thread, if you don't mind terribly.

I'll see the rest of you guys around, but likely not posting too often (busybusybusy). Nancy can't even get me to do my autoship on time (I've been stockpiling those RTDs like gangbusters AND I still have my 12% discount!!)

bk
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 3rd, 2006, 10:53 pm

bk and other lurkers...

there is no shame in needing to get on the program.

Again….

gosh, if there were, where would I be?

I heard that people who quit smoking on average do so four times before they are really able to quit.

Sheesh! If we give smokers grace periods, why don't we give 'em to eaters?

From the very moment we doink into this world, some one is popping something into our traps every two hours. Some of us haven’t quite figured out what is best for us yet, but when we do….it comes in a little packet or a little box with a straw attached!

No reason to do a self-kick in the hiney either. I am thankful ya loved yourself enough to show up at the MakeMeThinner Medifast Support Forum - that's the first step, now step over the threshold and receive the hugs.

Consider yourself a winner already!

Yes, it DOES take a long time to figure out how big/how small we are.

Flab comes off ever so slowly and reappears quickly if we do not monitor ourselves.

Even daily/weekly monitoring is not a guarantee that it will stay away – permanent weight loss means making permanent changes to the way we view food, to the amount of food that we eat, to what kinds of foods we eat, how often we eat them…

I know. I am de-flabbing myself…

Aren'tcha glad we have Medifast?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lisa in NY » January 4th, 2006, 4:22 am

24K - yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » January 4th, 2006, 7:06 am

Morning 24k and bk, and welcome back! It's great you both made a point to come back to the forum, because I think the accountability and support will be a key in diving back in, right? You both have done an awesome job thus far, and I have no doubt you'll be right back in the zone quickly!

BK, I also stockpile my RTDs (and some packets, too), because I never want to feel like I am running short, and I like to leave a couple at friends' and family's houses just in case. Also, I have found the RTDs waaaay easier in all areas, from keeping them at the fridge at work, to throwing them in my purse on my way out to the movies or a friend's place, to sipping during a strenuous workout. I felt like all I was doing was washing my shaker cup constantly before I got the RTDs, so this makes life a bit easier (and, yes, lazier!).

Best of luck to you both, you'll do great!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby explorthis » January 4th, 2006, 9:12 am

24K and bk! Glad your back also! We can and will do this together!

SUPPORT IS GRAND!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby suzyq » January 4th, 2006, 10:32 am

24K & bk - you were truly missed on the forum. I too was "off", although not completely, over the holidays. I am glad to see some familiar "faces", including Christi, back on track with me! You guys are such an inspiration!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 11:53 am

suzyq ~

Hey! I just took a :shades: peek at your ticker...You are less than a bag of dog food away from your goal now! :cleader: Oh, wow!

This is gonna be a great year for every one - I can feel thinniness in the air!!! :pigsfly:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ljm498 » January 4th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Welcome back you guys! Coming back here and to MF is moving you towards success! I know you will do great!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby horsey girl » January 4th, 2006, 8:03 pm

HOT DIGGITY!!!! This board is gonna rock now. It''s been way too quiet for some time . The legal eagles 24K and Bk both back! Mike back! Now if Spidey and El Red Ear would just poke their noses in once in a while it would be old times again. :buddies: Me, I haven't exactly been gone but since dec 1 I have not been following the program very close. After 11 months of rigid compliance and my weight loss slowed to almost nonexistance I decided to back off a little until after the holidays and see if that helped when I hit it again. I don't have much to go. Maybe 15 lbs. O.K. so I only had 7 lbs to go Dec 1st. , but I was lucky to lose 2 or 3 lbs a month by then. I'm ready to go again and with everybody coming back we will have fun. :yes: Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Horsey Girl ~

You are so close! It is really hard when you can smell the grass in the pasture and see it waving in the breeze.

Those last pounds do come off slowly - they've been there the longest and they love ya!

When you are ready to transition, I would suggest adding one food per week - when people have been on Phase 1 (the weight loss program) for a long while, you will want to transition slowly to increase your metabolism and if you haven't exercised very much up to this point, it will be important to do so during transition.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » January 5th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Welcome back 24K! I'm sure you will be at goal soon!

I myself have been MIA from the boards, but have been busy (became an HA) and just staying busy. I was off plan for the entire MONTH of December and I'm happy to say I only had a 6lb gain. Not too shabby, but of course ZERO would have been better! HA HA HA.

Unca, if you are reading this will you put me back in the 40 club, and hopefully I'll be back in the 50lb club soon. I also updated my ticker to reflect my new goal, of losing 80lbs. My first goal was 55lbs, but that was a start. So I'm ready to accept the new challenge of going further down the scale!

Anyway, hope you don't mind me tacking my update post onto yours, but just wanted to say how nice it is to "see" you back here!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 5th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Mommy2 ~

Unca is out and about tonight :drive: so I reluctantly moved you to the 40 Pound Cub. Of course you do not have permission to remain there for long. ;) The door to the 50 Pound Club remains ajar.... :mrgreen:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sidrah » January 5th, 2006, 9:47 pm

You gys are right. It is so much more fun when there is some info and stories out there. Good job with coming back and adding onto what good you haev already done. Size 14..wooohooo I hope someday!!
sidrah
Preferred member

Next

Return to Come on in.